2013-14 Line Combos

TylerSVT*

In 2 seasons:

Baertchi Monahan Poirer
Gaudreau Jankow Hudler
Klimchuk Backlund Glencross
Bouma Knight Reinhart

Porier first line in 2 seasons? Doubt it. At that point he is likely still an NHL rookie let alone a 1st liner.

Gaudreau i could MAYBE see if he bulks up a ton. Jankowski ditto that, although 2 years seems about right for him.

Either way i would probably slot in Mcdavid and Reinhart/Nylander as we should be pretty terrible the next 2 years.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
In 2 seasons:

Baertchi Monahan Poirer
Gaudreau Jankow Hudler
Klimchuk Backlund Glencross
Bouma Knight Reinhart

Poirer likely wont be ready for top-6 in two years.

But consider some of the other pieces we could pick up in the next 2 years of drafting...starting to look OK.

brewski1810

Jul 12, 2010
With the acquisition of galiardi today for the this season:

Cammy backlund jones
Sven Stajan Hudler
Glenncross monohan. Galiardi/stemps
Bouma. Knight. Galiardi/jackman

Roll 4 lines.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Porier first line in 2 seasons? Doubt it. At that point he is likely still an NHL rookie let alone a 1st liner.

Gaudreau i could MAYBE see if he bulks up a ton. Jankowski ditto that, although 2 years seems about right for him.

Either way i would probably slot in Mcdavid and Reinhart/Nylander as we should be pretty terrible the next 2 years.

He's not a bottom 6 player. If he's ready in two seasons, he should be top 6. He wouldn't be the first player to play top 6 as a rookie. Yeah it's a stretch to think all those guys will be ready, but a lot of them should. We should start seeing a lot more of the fruits of our drafting by 2014/15.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I think Knight could outplay Stajan this year. A Hobey Baker finalist with a big body who can skate is bound to turn some heads. I would like Reinhart to outplay him as well.

While Stajan's season last year was commendable, his value is at point where its wise to sell. I remember the point where he wasn't worth a bag of pucks

Flamester

Aug 9, 2011
calgary
hudler, backlund, baertschi
glencross, stajin, stepniak
jones, knight, galiardi
jackman/reinhart,horak, bouma/hanowski

giordano, cundari
wideman, brodie
o'brien, butler

Monahan is likely to get a 9 game stint here but i believe he will get sent back down to the minors,

Cammy looks like he will get traded before the season starts

TylerSVT*

I dont really care what the line are as long as Sven plays with Backlund, Those 2 have good chemistry and need to stay together (on the top line probably)

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
hudler, backlund, baertschi
glencross, stajin, stepniak
jones, knight, galiardi
jackman/reinhart,horak, bouma/hanowski

giordano, cundari
wideman, brodie
o'brien, butler

Monahan is likely to get a 9 game stint here but i believe he will get sent back down to the minors,

Cammy looks like he will get traded before the season starts

I ordered mine in terms of minutes. I don't actually think we have a first line per se. But I think we can effectively shelter some of the kids this way:

Glencross Stajan Stempniak This is the tough minutes line with punch. I'd like to see 2/3 of them moved at the deadline.

Bartschi Backlund Jones Can play against 2nd lines and hopefully make it a wash. Backlund is good defensively, Bartschi not so much yet.

Hudler Monahan Cammaleri Shelter this line a bit and help Monahan develop some offensive game. I think he's going to be rock solid defensively, but putting him with some offensive types should help his all-around game grow.

Galliardi Whoever earns it of Horak/Reinhart/Knight Bouma

I have no room on my roster for Jackman at this point. He's forgotten who he is and unfortunately has no trade value.

Blueline:

Giordano Brodie Use this line as our shutdown pairing and play them about 23 per night.

Wideman Cundari More of an offensive pairing. But they can be ok in their own zone too. Too many of our defensemen are just ok in the defensive zone. It'll be a problem, but we're all expecting a rebuild anyway right?

Butler SOB If there is one thing Butler does well it's skate. If there is one thing SOB does poorly it's skate. I actually like this pairing and think they cover well for each other's short-comings. I think it could be a good chemistry bottom pairing. I see both guys as #5 defensemen and see SOB as a definitely upgrade on Sarich.

Goaltending:

Play with it. See if someone earns it. Kipper was a guy like Ramo/Berra at one point. Wasn't really even a full-time back up. Lets see who earns it. Give Brossoit a taste with Joey Mac if Ramo and Berra both flop. The one thing I don't want to see is Joey Mac as our starter. I know he's an adequate back up, but he's not our future.

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
Beartschi - Backlund - Stempniak
Glencross - Monahan - Hudler
Galiardi - Stajan - Jones
Bouma - Knight - McGrattan

Giordano - Brodie
Wideman - Butler
Cundari - Breen/O'Brien

Ramo
MacDonald

*Predicting a Cammalleri trade to improve the defence

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Beartschi - Backlund - Stempniak
Glencross - Monahan - Hudler
Galiardi - Stajan - Jones
Bouma - Knight - McGrattan

Giordano - Brodie
Wideman - Butler
Cundari - Breen/O'Brien

Ramo
MacDonald

*Predicting a Cammalleri trade to improve the defence

A top 9 forward really does need to be moved to make the lines pretty. TJ should be on the third line and I had to put him on the 4th in my line combos.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I ordered mine in terms of minutes. I don't actually think we have a first line per se. But I think we can effectively shelter some of the kids this way:

Glencross Stajan Stempniak This is the tough minutes line with punch. I'd like to see 2/3 of them moved at the deadline.

Bartschi Backlund Jones Can play against 2nd lines and hopefully make it a wash. Backlund is good defensively, Bartschi not so much yet.

Hudler Monahan Cammaleri Shelter this line a bit and help Monahan develop some offensive game. I think he's going to be rock solid defensively, but putting him with some offensive types should help his all-around game grow.

Galliardi Whoever earns it of Horak/Reinhart/Knight Bouma

I have no room on my roster for Jackman at this point. He's forgotten who he is and unfortunately has no trade value.

Blueline:

Giordano Brodie Use this line as our shutdown pairing and play them about 23 per night.

Wideman Cundari More of an offensive pairing. But they can be ok in their own zone too. Too many of our defensemen are just ok in the defensive zone. It'll be a problem, but we're all expecting a rebuild anyway right?

Butler SOB If there is one thing Butler does well it's skate. If there is one thing SOB does poorly it's skate. I actually like this pairing and think they cover well for each other's short-comings. I think it could be a good chemistry bottom pairing. I see both guys as #5 defensemen and see SOB as a definitely upgrade on Sarich.

Goaltending:

Play with it. See if someone earns it. Kipper was a guy like Ramo/Berra at one point. Wasn't really even a full-time back up. Lets see who earns it. Give Brossoit a taste with Joey Mac if Ramo and Berra both flop. The one thing I don't want to see is Joey Mac as our starter. I know he's an adequate back up, but he's not our future.

I like these lines best, I am not sure if Monahan is ready for full time play in the NHL but if he is I want these lines.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We really need another dman bad. Ballad or Blum say hello.

Hopefully Ballard or Fistric for me. I don't really understand the love for Blum. He's basically a taller Smith. He'd be less pretty up close I promise. His underlying numbers are terrible and I think he gets a value perception boost for coming out of the Nashville Dman factory.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I like these lines best, I am not sure if Monahan is ready for full time play in the NHL but if he is I want these lines.

I'm not sure either, but the best thing to sell is hope in a rebuild. I think he'll be here whether he's ready or not. I'd like one of the top 9 forwards moved too ideally so we can sign Stalberg and have a top 9 slot to sell him on.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Please stop pencilling in Monahan for a roster spot. There is no reason he should be here at all. He is our best prospect in quite a while and rushing him is stupid. Let him play another year in the CHL, improve his offensive game on a better Ottawa team, and develop properly. We should avoid being the Oilers and throw every 18 year old into the line up. Have some patience and rebuild right.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Please stop pencilling in Monahan for a roster spot. There is no reason he should be here at all. He is our best prospect in quite a while and rushing him is stupid. Let him play another year in the CHL, improve his offensive game on a better Ottawa team, and develop properly. We should avoid being the Oilers and throw every 18 year old into the line up. Have some patience and rebuild right.

While I agree with your post 100%, I think it's pretty safe to assume he'll be in the starting lineup. Feaster said multiple times he wants the player taken at 6 to step right in and play. Rebuilding teams sell hope. Personally, I'd give him another full season in junior and sign another center. But neither of us run the club. The best I can hope for is that we shelter his minutes and give him creative linemates. I don't even give the organization that much credit though. We threw Reinhart and Cundari to the wolves and player Bartschi with 4th liners, so we don't give much thought to player development. It's been more of a throw-them-in-the-deep-end-and-hope-they-can-swim approach.

XeO

Dec 10, 2011
Cammalleri - Stajan - Stempniak
Beartschi - Backlund - Hudler
Glencross - Knight - Jones
Galiardi - Horak - McGrattan

Giordano - Brodie
Wideman - O'Brien
Cundari - Smith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad