Cammalleri - Seguin - Stempniak
Glencross - Lecavalier - Hudler
Baertschi - Backlund - Jones
Bouma - Knight - McGrattan

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I really hope there's room for a guy to surprise the coaches and make the team out of camp. I wouldn't mind getting rid of Stempniak or Stajan to open up room for one such player.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Beartschi - Backlund - Stempniak
Hudler - Stajan - Cammelleri
Glencross - Knight - Jones
Jackman - Bouma - McGrattan

Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Butler
Cundari - O'Brien

MacDonald
Ramo

The first callups would probably be Horak, Monahan, and Reinhart (in that order). In terms of vets I think Cammelleri will be traded first, then Stajan, then Stempniak. Hudler can move to RW thus making a spot open for Horak and another Heat player.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Beartschi - Backlund - Stempniak
Hudler - Stajan - Cammelleri
Glencross - Knight - Jones
Jackman - Bouma - McGrattan

Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Butler
Cundari - O'Brien

MacDonald
Ramo

The first callups would probably be Horak, Monahan, and Reinhart (in that order). In terms of vets I think Cammelleri will be traded first, then Stajan, then Stempniak. Hudler can move to RW thus making a spot open for Horak and another Heat player.

If Monahan doesn't make the team, he'll have to be sent back to juniors, where he can't be recalled (unless it's an emergency recall, like Baertschi in 2012). I suspect he'll get the 9 game tryout at the very least though.

And McGratton shouldn't be an everyday player.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Our best +/- player of last season. Hope we get fair value for him on the trade market.

Honestly, I'd rather that Seguin play top line right wing if we get Lecavalier. Trade Stempniak before Stajan.

Isn't this the reason he's not feeling it in Boston?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Who is more nhl ready, knight or monahan?

Probably Knight.

Calgary should look to get both guys in the lineup this upcoming season. It does mean, in my opinion, that one of the centers we have (Backlund/Stajan) should be traded.

Just my opinion.

SickHandsNoShot

May 7, 2012
Seems like this thread is getting derailed a little bit. So ill give my roster a shot.

Cammallaeri - Monohan - Hudler
Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak
Baertschi - Backlund - Jones
Reinhart - Knight - Hanowski/Bouma
McGrattan - Begin - Jackman

Giordano - Wideman
Brodie - Cundari
Butler - O'Brien
Smith - Carson

Ramo
McDonnald
Berra
Ortio

Its weird, I don't honestly feel like the roster is that bad. Ill probably change my tune by game 5 but I can dream. Centers 1-3 are basically interchangeable. I might switch Stempniak with Hudler, but I fell its the best combo of lines that we can put together.

Also I really feel like there should be more experience on the 4th line, but I just can't help but feel those are the best available, and if they can't beat out my "5th" line, they shouldn't be in the show at this point.

Defence to me hinges on two pieces.
One: Giordano needs to round out into form as our captain, and maybe best player. He now has some experience facing the best of the best on a nightly basis. He needs to show he can consistently handle those matchups and thrive offensively at the same time.

Two: Either we need to make a trade or F/A signing for the #4 spot, Or hope that Cundari has worked extremely hard this offseason. If he can handle it I love that pairing.

If both these criteria are met, I don't think its a contenders defence, but I think its serviceable.

And just for the heck of it, Ill take a stab at Abbotsford's lines.

Howse - Horak - Aliu (Just me praying that Horak can help Howse get back on track and re-live some glory days haha)
Street - Granlund - Ferland/Hanowski
Ferland/Bouma - Byron - Nemisz
Elson - Jones - Bancks
Eddy

Wotherspoon - Rammage
Breen - Lamb
Matczak - Culkin

Ortio/Berra
Brossoit

Don't like this team much. Like many of our farm teams in the past, it lacks high end prospects, and lots of moderate veterans.

I tried to use as few PTO's as possible. We know some will be there though.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Baertchi Backlund Cammy
Stempniak Stajan Glencross
Hudler Monahan Jones
Bouma Knight Jackman/McGratton

Brodie Gio
Butler Wideman
Cundari SOB

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Send Monohan back no matter what. Don't let our group of under achievers teach him how to accept losing.

And you have to at least make Corban Knight win his job in training camp. I don't want a team that recruits players by promising them ice time no matter what.

Other than that I like MVW's combinations. This team is gonna suck. I want about three more goons just it make things a little bit more watchable. A Zenon Konopka type player would be ideal. Also I am sick of Butler. Enough is enough with him.

Last edited:

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
True that. Maybe he could make world juniors though. I guess we will wait and see. Very happy with that pick though.

Also he has the ability to make a huge impact on what kind of season the 67's have. He will not be the difference between the Flames having a good or a bad year. At least not yet.

Last edited:

Woodtkachuk

Jun 2, 2011
Hudler - Backlund - Cammy --> Hudlers + Backlunds skill to distribute to Cammy
Baertschi - Stajan - Jones --> Jones' big body to create space for baertschi's skill
Glencross - Monahan - Stempniak --> Excellent mentorship for monahan + size and skill
Jackman - Knight - Mcgrattan --> Knight will start off in a 4th line role

Brodie - Gio
Cundari - Wideman
O' Brien - Butler

Macdonald - I can see ramo becoming the starter later in the year
Ramo

I see monahan moving up to the second line with baertschi and stajan dropping off to the 3rd or 4th line depending on how well knight is progressing.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Monahan knows what it's like to play on a crap team. But I agree we should send him to the World Juniors. A few teams have done so when their players were still on the NHL roster.

TylerSVT*

Monahan should be in the CHL next year IMO. Unless he blows us away in camp and can be a top 6 forward right away, i fear he is worse at the moment than both Stajan and Backlund, so keep him somewhere where he is getting minutes.

Of course Backlund will probably only play like 20 games this season so maybe Monahan plays...

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones and Monahan are probably the most NHL ready forwards in this draft. If he's not ready, then sure send him back. But if he is, then why would we do that? Give him a training camp, and at least 9 games IF he earns it. Not one single poster in here can say he should or shouldn't be on the team next year until we see him go up against NHL'ers.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
well with today's news

Baertschi ▪ Backlund ▪ Cammalleri
Hudler ▪ Stajan ▪ Jones
Glencross ▪ Monahan ▪ Stempniak
Galiardi ▪ Knight ▪ Jackman
Bouma

and hopefully sign Big Ern to push Jackman down the depth chart

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
well with today's news

Baertschi ▪ Backlund ▪ Cammalleri
Hudler ▪ Stajan ▪ Jones
Glencross ▪ Monahan ▪ Stempniak
Galiardi ▪ Knight ▪ Jackman
Bouma

and hopefully sign Big Ern to push Jackman down the depth chart

Our line combos are identical, but I have Jones with Monahan and Glencross with Stajan (both fairly similar players). I suspect both combo's will be tried at several points of next season. I also love Sven with Cammy because his playmaking ability will be a great asset to set Cammy up. I don't know that its a playoff team, but its a hungry team that is much faster, younger, and has more size on it. Stajan, Monahan and Knight are all good FO's guys. Our bottom six is vastly better than the Oilers, we just won't score as many goals as them. Our biggest issue next season will likely be goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad