B-Sens 2013/14 Binghamton Senators Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
He had great chemistry with Pageau and Stone in the rookie tournament so there is the possibility that he could re-ignite that chemistry if given the opportunity to play with those two. As for having a "huge impact" I was basing that off if he gets the chance to play, he is a high end agitator who is dangerous offensively. Those types of players usually make a pretty big impact in the playoffs.

Yeah, he might get a look, but I agree it is a major step up or Dunn. He is still physically under-developed to a degree, as he was one of the younger guys in the draft and is still 6 months shy of turning 19. He was only a month removed from being draft eligible THIS year.

But at the same time, knowing Dunn, if he does end up in a game, he won't be shy and will likely be getting chased around in no time. There is also a 90% chance he'll get to check out the penalty box, due to some reason or another. The fans in Bingo will ultimately love this guy, and it's evident the organization must be really high on him to send him down for the experience at 18. Puempel was the only under-ager I remember them doing getting invited at a similar point where you know they will be back in junior the next year.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
Sorry, but he`s going to be a huge addition to the top line. Dude scored 50 points in the Q this year.

No doubt he is a talent, but USUALLY that's not how it works. 90% of the time when call ups from the Q or O happen at the end of the year like this the player doesn't have a huge impact right away and they usually sit. Especially heading into the playoffs.

However, I will say, last year Puempel had a major impact on the team down the stretch and during the playoffs. BUT, the team was THIN last year due to call-ups and Ottawa being in the playoffs. This year is different.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he lights it up and cements himself, but some times people have a tendency to expect too much, too soon from prospects.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Sorry, but he`s going to be a huge addition to the top line. Dude scored 50 points in the Q this year.

50 points in the Q is nothing. That is a scoring league. I think he'll have minimal impact, playing on the bottom lines. Then most likely sitting for the playoffs. We need to curb our expectations.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
50 points in the Q is nothing. That is a scoring league. I think he'll have minimal impact, playing on the bottom lines. Then most likely sitting for the playoffs. We need to curb our expectations.

Dude, the Q is the league of Sidney Crosby. Mario Lemieux...

Did either play in the AHL? No.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
my apologies - I mistook the available seats for the taken seats :) I see now a lot are already sold on ticketmaster.

Any issues using the "eTickets" option? I see ticketmaster gave me a scanner code on my phone that I present at the gate...I'm assuming BSens are staffed to scan this code, right? :)

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I was wondering why goalie Chris Driedger has Not been assigned to Binghamton as Elmira is done for the season...............

Also with Nate Lawson being injured, so was wondering??????

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
my apologies - I mistook the available seats for the taken seats :) I see now a lot are already sold on ticketmaster.

Any issues using the "eTickets" option? I see ticketmaster gave me a scanner code on my phone that I present at the gate...I'm assuming BSens are staffed to scan this code, right? :)

Yes they scan all tickets, it's fine. Not that the really care that much

tenpinsplit

Nov 9, 2005
Binghamton
I was wondering why goalie Chris Driedger has Not been assigned to Binghamton as Elmira is done for the season...............

Also with Nate Lawson being injured, so was wondering??????

according to his twitter

"@ChrisDriedger: Thanks to @JackalsHockey for taking me in for a short time! Can't wait to start things off with @BSens_Hockey tomorrow #excited"

it looks like he will be here...

tenpinsplit

Nov 9, 2005
Binghamton
it also appears based on the picture from Travis Eldridge from practice this am that there were three goalies on the ice however i cannot say who they were for sure.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Driedger & Dunn added to Binghamton ☺☻☺

04/15/2014

Chris Driedger (G) Binghamton Added
Vincent Dunn (F) Binghamton Added

Via AHL Website ººº.....

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
04-16-2014 Vs Marlies ☺☻☺

Scratches tonite:

Goal;
Lawson
Driedger

Defense;
Eckford
Rutkowski
Boro
New
Sdao

Forwards;
Culek
Da Costa
Hobbs
Kramer
Thompson
Karlsson
JOB

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Looked at the AHL website and noticed they are still going with the best of five series in the first round. What is the rationale behind making the first a best of five and then the rest a best of seven?

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Looked at the AHL website and noticed they are still going with the best of five series in the first round. What is the rationale behind making the first a best of five and then the rest a best of seven?

"WantEggRoll":

AHL made that decision as the first round of the playoffs does Not draw very well.......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad