2012 Canada - Russia Challenge - Halifax, NS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Who said Huberdeau sucks?! Lol

Is it safe to say Ceci has played his last game? I should think he'd be first man out for Hamilton. Murphy was probably the best player for Canada tonight. Hudon, Jenner, Danault were the best line. Put Subban in :help: Broissoit was not ready for this game.

At least if we start losing tomorrow nght we can start the fire pendergast chants!

CrosKinnon

May 24, 2012
Cole Harbour
Was at the game, brossoit was just aweful. He seemed to react so slow to every play and shot.

Monahan was a beast tonight as was Hudon. Huberdeau was a threat all night, but he couldnt get a bounce to go his way.

Canada should of won, Makarov was the differnce.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

6 goals on 27 shots, i know all werent his fault but you can only blame other factors so much, id be floored if subban isnt in tomorrow... not understanding all the hate on huberdeau, the kid is great.. he could of had a few more if it wasnt for the slow wobbly pucks..

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I didn't get a chance to watch very much of the game. Can anyone give me an update on how Morgan Rielly has played so far this tournament? I really like the kid and think he has great potential. Has he exceeded anyones expectations?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
6 goals on 27 shots, i know all werent his fault but you can only blame other factors so much, id be floored if subban isnt in tomorrow... not understanding all the hate on huberdeau, the kid is great.. he could of had a few more if it wasnt for the slow wobbly pucks..

I suspect HC knows what they have in Subban (#1) but not the others.
IMHO....Subban sits or not even dress!
The locks to make the final team will be the ones not dressed tomorrow night!
The players not impressing will get plenty of ice time to prove themselves!
After all this is what this series is all about!....a glorified training camp!

Last edited:

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
Morgan Rielly has been the best defenceman through the first 3 games.

Hudon has been the best forward.

Ryan Murphy had a productive game but I hate his game. A lot.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
I didn't get a chance to watch very much of the game. Can anyone give me an update on how Morgan Rielly has played so far this tournament? I really like the kid and think he has great potential. Has he exceeded anyones expectations?
He was everything I thought he would be, and what scouts say. Tremendous skater, great vision and puck handling. Made me realize why Burke said he was the best player in the draft :naughty: Well I don't think he's that good, but is certainly a special player to have

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
This is more of an evaluation, they want to see where everyone is at, hence giving each goalie a game, and then letting the best play game 4.
They haven't really rolled all four forward lines, though, which is somewhat puzzling aside from evaluation purposes due to the compressed travel/schedule. All of the penalties haven't helped tempo & TOI distribution but Canada's characteristic physical forecheck hasn't been in evidence much. Credit to Russia for physically holding their own and being opportunistic but this Canadian team hasn't been as hard to play against as you'd normally expect. Maybe some of that's how soft the officiating has been at times but at this point their WJC bottom six seems pretty wide open. Nonetheless, good to see some competitive hockey again.

Last edited:

DPyro

Jun 28, 2010
If we are going by stats Sean Monahan is the best forward with 2G 2A and Morgan Rielly is the best defenseman with 1G 3A.

GuillaumeLetsundress*

I suspect HC knows what they have in Subban (#1) but not the others.
IMHO....Subban sits or not even dress!
The locks to make the final team will be the ones not dressed tomorrow night!
The players not impressing will get plenty of ice time to prove themselves!
After all this is what this series is all about!....a glorified training camp!

Yeah i understand that fully and expect them to do that also except they are playing best goalie 4th game because thats what has been stated... i just hate losing and hate seeing this happen so openly lol ugh

pouskin74*

Was at the game, brossoit was just aweful. He seemed to react so slow to every play and shot.

Monahan was a beast tonight as was Hudon. Huberdeau was a threat all night, but he couldnt get a bounce to go his way.

Canada should of won, Makarov was the differnce.

I dont know why but i am not surprised to hear this! :laugh:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Huberdeau goal from tonight

When you watch his off the puck movement and how fast he's scrambling to get into position then it's very impressive. I think this group of jnr players in terms of the high end ones just doesn't perform as good as some of the other recent ones (B Schenn, Johansen, Tavares, Hall, Eberle, etc) but Huberdeau always impresses me for Canada.

Also I hope Dumba is dressed for the next one, give him the opportunity to bounce back and take more liberties so to speak.

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
I liked Monahan's game... That said, it was because of his defensive play. He always found a way to be on the right side of the puck, for a take away, or a pick whenever the Russians sent the puck his way (<---3rd liner). It makes it so much easier for his offensive linemates to think offense. He was all i really saw that i liked except for Huberdeau. I see him as a very good 2nd liner. Would love him #2 behind RNH.

Id say the only team in the NHL that Monahan would be a 3rd line C on would be Pittsburgh. (See Jordan Staal the last couple of seasons)

tsnTpoint

Apr 2, 2010
Ryan Murphy reminds me of Ryan Ellis with even more "dazzle". The kid loves the puck on his stick, plays likes a rover out there.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Is it just me or is Ryan Strome not very impressive when he wears the Canadian jersey. He constantly loses puck battles and tries to go one on three way too often.

He was junk in the OHL finals also.
He just doesnt seem to have a top gear, is extremely soft, floats around and goes invisible for massive stretchs. He kind of reminds me of another NYI young player in Josh Bailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad