Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5/9) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Any chance Richards gets bought out and we see Stepan, Brassard, and Lindberg as our centers next year? Not sacrificing much offensively and improving defensively (if Lindberg plays up to potential).

I think we will see one more year of Richards, almost as a stop gap for Lindberg, then Richards gets bought out in summer 2014. Also costs the Rangers less to pay 2/3rds of his salary if they wait one more year.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I won't assume Lindberg will be ready to take Richard's spot next season. Getting used to the NA sized rink and Having him learn the tricks of the trade from Richards for a season is a good thing.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
LIndberg is playing very well for a kid his age and will likely have a solid NHL career, but i don't think he is ready to start the season in NHL. Most swedes that have come over recently have needed some time in the AHL and so will probably Linberg too, he will have to get used to the smaller ice surface and all that stuff. Give him a call-up around new year or if there are any injuries and see how he does.

Normally I'm inclined to agree with you. Watching Lindberg, though, I really think he'll adapt very quickly to the North American game. He'll be given every opportunity to make the club out of camp in the fall, and I think we'll see him seize the opportunity. If he starts in the AHL, I think he's up after no more than 15 games.

He can win draws, play in all situations, and does enough of the little things right to win a spot on any size sheet of ice. Whether he's able to make an impact offensively from the get-go is a different story. I'm optimistic about his chances.

If there's one prospect I've undersold, it's gotta be Lindberg. At least it looks like he's on track to prove me very, very wrong. To Girardi-esque degrees. :laugh:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
The main difference between Lindberg and other prospects like Fasth, Kreider, Miller, Thomas is that he has been playing against grown men for 3 years AND he is already VERY good on the defensive side of the puck.

I would be surprised if he doesn't start the year in the NHL. Fasth on the other hand, AHL IMO. Kreider is most likely to be the other young forward up.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Normally I'm inclined to agree with you. Watching Lindberg, though, I really think he'll adapt very quickly to the North American game. He'll be given every opportunity to make the club out of camp in the fall, and I think we'll see him seize the opportunity. If he starts in the AHL, I think he's up after no more than 15 games.

He can win draws, play in all situations, and does enough of the little things right to win a spot on any size sheet of ice. Whether he's able to make an impact offensively from the get-go is a different story. I'm optimistic about his chances.

If there's one prospect I've undersold, it's gotta be Lindberg. At least it looks like he's on track to prove me very, very wrong. To Girardi-esque degrees. :laugh:

Sounds a lot like another center we have that goes by the name of Derek Stepan.

As long as he can win draws and play good defensive mistake free hockey I think we'll see him next year right from game 1. It's not like he has anyone in the bottom 6 that is going to beat him out with their offense.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sounds a lot like another center we have that goes by the name of Derek Stepan.

As long as he can win draws and play good defensive mistake free hockey I think we'll see him next year right from game 1. It's not like he has anyone in the bottom 6 that is going to beat him out with their offense.

Except I was actually correct on Stepan! :laugh:

But yes, similar in that they both bring enough to the table that the NHL adjustment period shouldn't be too painful.

Green Blob*

Skellefteås captain Jimmie Ericsson won Guldpucken, Lindberg was the runner-up. Both had been worthy winners but I guess Ericsson had the edge due to his leadership-qualities.

And for those who dont know what that is ( I didnt ), that is equal to the Hart Trophy.

Runner up is pretty damn good!

Fun Fact: Lundqvist won it in 2005

Punxrocknyc19*

i wish Lindberg could play for NYR... he would help this team... at faceoffs....

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
St. Croix had Edmonton's only goal. They lost 3-1, now trail in the series 2-1. Game 4 is tonight.

Noreau was scoreless. Baie-Comeau did win though, 3-1, getting them into the series. They now trail Halifax 2-1. That was the first playoff game that Halifax lost this year. Game 4 is also tonight.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
St. Croix had Edmonton's only goal. They lost 3-1, now trail in the series 2-1. Game 4 is tonight.

Noreau was scoreless. Baie-Comeau did win though, 3-1, getting them into the series. They now trail Halifax 2-1. That was the first playoff game that Halifax lost this year. Game 4 is also tonight.

I wish we could get some first hand knowledge of how Noreau has looked against such skilled forwards.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
The main difference between Lindberg and other prospects like Fasth, Kreider, Miller, Thomas is that he has been playing against grown men for 3 years AND he is already VERY good on the defensive side of the puck.

I would be surprised if he doesn't start the year in the NHL. Fasth on the other hand, AHL IMO. Kreider is most likely to be the other young forward up.

Yeah, this is a great point.

Its of course always hard to generalize, and there are examples of players who have gone diffrent routes and still had plenty of success, but one big diffrence between a "Kreider" and a Lindberg going forward is that I wouldn't at all be that worried if Lindberg was in NY and played 7-8 minutes a night for 82 games, as I would have been if Kreider was in that position.

The SEL is a good league and Lindberg has played plenty of hockey at a high level so far in his career. He does not need to like "put it together" at the professional level.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I removed Mashinter, Talbot and Zuccarello from the table, as their prospect eligibility expired. Mashinter is too old, Zuccarello reached the NHL games played mark, and Talbot is now three years removed from signing his first contract as a college free agent.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I saw the highlights of Halifax-Baie game 2.

Noreau didn't seem to be on the ice for any goals against, and again, a fight broke ut and no one would even engage Noreau :D

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I saw the highlights of Halifax-Baie game 2.

Noreau didn't seem to be on the ice for any goals against, and again, a fight broke ut and no one would even engage Noreau :D

I REALLY hope he turns out to be a NHLer. What a presence he could provide with McIlrath on the back-end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad