Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 5/9) *Part III*

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Did Lindberg play any games yet? Hows has he looked?

I haven't seen any of the games but according to the stats he's played in both games with no points and has been averaging a little bit more then 9 minutes of ice time per game.

Sweden is 1 - 1 I think with a win over the Czechs and a loss to the Swiss.

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
I haven't seen any of the games but according to the stats he's played in both games with no points and has been averaging a little bit more then 9 minutes of ice time per game.

Sweden is 1 - 1 I think with a win over the Czechs and a loss to the Swiss.

9 minutes a game? I thought he was playing on the second line??? :(

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tommy Hughes and London are tied 1-1 with Barrie in the finals. Game 3 tonight at Barrie. St. Croix and Edmonton also tied 1-1, Game 3 tomorrow. Sammy Noreau and Baie-Comeau are down 2-0 to Halifax, next game tomorrow as well. Halifax is 12-0 in the playoffs so far.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Nope.

Belinski, their goalie, looks so small it borders on awkward.

I remember Michigan State had a goalie like that. I saw him play live a few times and I thought he looked incredibly awkward. His name escapes me.

I Saw him play against Ben Bishop at one point in Albany and it was the most hilarious thing. Bishop is huge as we all know.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Lindberg was really good, but this Swedish team is an embarrassment.

Their PP somehow manages to be even more inept than the Rangers'. I think they are 1 for 16. The one goal they have scored on the man advantage was on a 5 on 3. They had two 5 on 3's vs Belarus and didn't come close to scoring.

WAY too many SEL/KHL journeymen on this squad.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Any chance Richards gets bought out and we see Stepan, Brassard, and Lindberg as our centers next year? Not sacrificing much offensively and improving defensively (if Lindberg plays up to potential).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Any chance Richards gets bought out and we see Stepan, Brassard, and Lindberg as our centers next year? Not sacrificing much offensively and improving defensively (if Lindberg plays up to potential).

I think it's a possibility. The organization is really high on Lindberg. And rightfully so. He does all the little things well, his offense is blossoming, and his game is tailor-made for the NHL.

Shyguy

Mar 20, 2010
I think it's a possibility. The organization is really high on Lindberg. And rightfully so. He does all the little things well, his offense is blossoming, and his game is tailor-made for the NHL.

LIndberg is playing very well for a kid his age and will likely have a solid NHL career, but i don't think he is ready to start the season in NHL. Most swedes that have come over recently have needed some time in the AHL and so will probably Linberg too, he will have to get used to the smaller ice surface and all that stuff. Give him a call-up around new year or if there are any injuries and see how he does.

Last edited:

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
LIndberg is playing very well for a kid his age and will likely have a solid NHL career, but i don't think he is ready to start the season in NHL. Most swedes that have come over recently have needed some time in the AHL and so will probably Linberg too, he will have to get used to the smaller ice surface and all that stuff. Give him a call-up around new year or if there are any injuries and see how he does.

After watching Richards look like a dog for almost half a year while playing huge minutes, I have NO problems with Lindberg starting off with the big club if he earns it in camp.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tommy Hughes and London lost 6-3 last night. He was scoreless and a -3. Took a couple stick penalties as well. I didn't watch any of the game (another one had my interest, haha) so I don't know how he looked. London trails the series 2-1, Game 4 tomorrow night in Barrie.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
After watching Richards look like a dog for almost half a year while playing huge minutes, I have NO problems with Lindberg starting off with the big club if he earns it in camp.

Agreed. I hate to project kids as 'sure things' but OL is about as close to a lock as we've seen come through this system in years.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Big fan of the way Lindberg competes all over. Projects as a kid that you just really want on your team in a playoff environment.

Similar with JT Miller. If all goes well with those two you've got some nice "middle 6" pieces that create the kind of depth necessary in the playoffs.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Very fast and pretty strong.

He is definitely not a dynamic skater, he is pretty agile and can skate in a high paced game, but his skating is not very strong at all. He is definitely more in the Stepan/Richards mold than in the Brassard mold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad