OT: 2012-13 MLB Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I would be giddy if we somehow picked up Price. Guy would immediately become our ace. Even over CC (since he had such a mediocre season).

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
If they trade Gardner, I'll be fuming.

Figure the guy has only hit to the tune of a 101 WRC+. Which is pretty much average. His defensive metrics are overblown because he's played LF. I saw a crazy bWAR stat that showed he was just as valuable as Miggy and Adrian Gonzalez because his defense apparently was that great. But when it was broken down, it was because he caught an inordinate amount of balls that a CF would have easily gotten. So he was credited with crazy defensive metrics.

Gardner is the ultimate sell high right now. The outfield market is thin. If you can get a GOOD (or package him for a great) starter you do it and don't even think twice.

Brett Gardner's are truly dime-a-dozen outfielders.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
No way we get Price with Gardner being the center piece of that deal. We'd need another team or two in it to help us out.

Doubt the Rays want to help us anyway for obvious reasons.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
No way we get Price with Gardner being the center piece of that deal. We'd need another team or two in it to help us out.

Doubt the Rays want to help us anyway for obvious reasons.

Would have to be Gardner, Nova, and Sanchez I would think. Possibly tack on Montgomery since the Rays love some young, upside RP arms.

That might still be a tad short given who the pitcher is but since he's a pending UFA I think it might be in the ballpark.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Roy Halladay announcing his retirement today
Great guy, shoulder injuries suck . He could have easily played out his contract and made 45 million for the next 4 years

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Cashman says Kelly Johnson isn't his starting 2B. He says he still needs to find one.

White Sox shopping Chris Sale and the Sox have always loved Brett Gardner.

Mariners targeting David Price, but won't part with Walker.

Dodgers are actively trading Matt Kemp, but refuse to eat any of his salary in a deal.

The Yankees are looking to move Ichiro.

The Yankees would restore my faith in humanity if they traded for Kemp and Price. Kemp looks close to a straight salary dump. The Dodger's incompetence is astounding.

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Roy Halladay announcing his retirement today
Great guy, shoulder injuries suck . He could have easily played out his contract and made 45 million for the next 4 years

Signing a one-day contract with Toronto so he can retire as a Blue Jay. Man he's a class act.:nod:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Cashman says Kelly Johnson isn't his starting 2B. He says he still needs to find one.

White Sox shopping Chris Sale and the Sox have always loved Brett Gardner.

Mariners targeting David Price, but won't part with Walker.

Dodgers are actively trading Matt Kemp, but refuse to eat any of his salary in a deal.

The Yankees are looking to move Ichiro.

The Yankees would restore my faith in humanity if they traded for Kemp and Price. Kemp looks close to a straight salary dump. The Dodger's incompetence is astounding.

Not surprised about Ichiro. If the Yanks can't start him they have to move him. He won't want to be a bench player.

Think they need to dump Wells too.

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Not surprised about Ichiro. If the Yanks can't start him they have to move him. He won't want to be a bench player.

Think they need to dump Wells too.

Every team Wells has been on has needed to dump him. He's one of those guys that he could be making half a million dollars and I would assume overpaid

NJN225

Jul 22, 2013
New York
He said something like people have been telling him real new yorkers are mets fans. He was never anything but a gentleman and played the game the right way in the Bronx. This is just a case of New York media running with an easy story. I'll always like Granderson, and personally I think this is a stupid non issue.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Don't try to make something outta nothing

If you followed the Yankees enough, you know what kind of person Granderson is. There is nothing wrong with what he said.

"A lot of the people I've met in New York have always said that true New Yorkers are Mets fans," Granderson said Tuesday afternoon at the winter meetings. "So I'm excited to get a chance to see them all out there."

Really guys? Get some thicker skin

In actual news, Mark Trumbo to the D'Backs in a 3 team trade

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Don't try to make something outta nothing

If you followed the Yankees enough, you know what kind of person Granderson is. There is nothing wrong with what he said.

Really guys? Get some thicker skin

In actual news, Mark Trumbo to the D'Backs in a 3 team trade

Now wait a minute, imagine if Moose signed with the Rangers before this season and said: "A lot of the people I've met in New Jersey have always said that true New Jerseyans are Ranger fans, So I'm excited to get a chance to see them all out there."

This place would have exploded

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Now wait a minute, imagine if Moose signed with the Rangers before this season and said: "A lot of the people I've met in New Jersey have always said that true New Jerseyans are Ranger fans, So I'm excited to get a chance to see them all out there."

This place would have exploded

Uh, there are a lot of Ranger fans in NJ?

Just like there are a lot of Mets fans NYC, where the Yankees also play?

He just signed with a new team and is giving the fans of the new team a little lip service, nothing new or to see here

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Uh, there are a lot of Ranger fans in NJ?

Just like there are a lot of Mets fans NYC, where the Yankees also play?

He just signed with a new team and is giving the fans of the new team a little lip service, nothing new or to see here

you missed the point, but I'm not gonna argue about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad