GDT: 2/8/17 - Wild vs. Blackhawks - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I would beg to differ. They have Milbury in there because he was a former player and head coach. Roenick came afterwards because they needed someone with an actual personality. The issue is NBC doesn't know how to hire anyone worth their salt to do these discussions. They at least have McKenzie in there from time to time now.

If they wanted a Bayless/Smith type duo they would have made a TV show for it not intermissions of an actual game.

Agree to disagree, I guess. Casual viewers probably get more name recognition from Roenick, but those two have gained more recent reputations as "loose-cannon" personalities than as knowledgeable hockey minds recently and I'd fully expect that NBC keeps trotting them out there to grab viewers eager to find out what kind of wacky things they'll say next.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Agree to disagree, I guess. Casual viewers probably get more name recognition from Roenick, but those two have gained more recent reputations as "loose-cannon" personalities than as knowledgeable hockey minds recently and I'd fully expect that NBC keeps trotting them out there to grab viewers eager to find out what kind of wacky things they'll say next.

I think they know that a lot of people "hate watch" Millbury. Gotta see what stupid/biased/uninformed/etc thing he says next!

I never watch the NBCSN intermission. Like last night, 18 minutes of South Park was much more enjoyable. :laugh:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

Oh I totally get where you are coming from and certainly am not trying to sway anyone's decision to think otherwise. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad