Corey Crawford
Scott Darling

heard-we-were-doing-john-madden-quotes-53684.png

Just win. :bb:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Coming home after a long road trip, hopefully their energy level will match the crowd, which I expect to be raucous.

Score early, score often.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
I think Kuemper is going to have to play out of his mind in order for us to win. It sounded like the Wild were very tired during last night's game and now they are playing a well rested Chicago team. My optimism is low.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
I can't help but laugh at Kane :).
2nd time this season we're having to play the Hawks on the second night of a back to back.

Yep, biggest game of your season Kane haha.
Good on ya mate!
It's the only way the Hawks have a chance anyways :P.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
I'm really not super stoked that Kuemper is starting, I have a bad feeling we get embarrassed in front of the "WEDNESDAY NIGHT RIVALRY" crowd.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Kuemper will be on center stage with an opportunity to showcase his talents to GMs around the league tonight.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Nationally-televised game? We typically choke. :help:

4-0 on national TV this year. Outscoring our opponents 17-5.

Games include the 7-1 drubbing of Montreal, 5-1 over STL, coming back in to beat Chicago away on the second night of a back-to-back.

Last edited:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hawks are well rested & we're not. edge hawks. we could win with an effort of extra ordinary magnitude & we have your gratitude. (bet you dont know that movie ref without google) should be another nail biter. coyle is sooooo due!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
1 of 82 games for the Wild.

It really is the biggest game of the year for the Hawks, so far. They are comfortably in a Playoff spot, but 6p back and 2 more games played. They are coming off a 3 day weekend vs the team ahead of them in the standings on the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Losing a bunch of games in a row to the Wild has to be eating at them a little bit too.

Not expecting much from the Wild. Jets played them hard last night, and Kemps is in net.

I am looking forward to seeing Olofsson play tonight.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
1 of 82 games for the Wild.

It really is the biggest game of the year for the Hawks, so far. They are comfortably in a Playoff spot, but 6p back and 2 more games played. They are coming off a 3 day weekend vs the team ahead of them in the standings on the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Losing a bunch of games in a row to the Wild has to be eating at them a little bit too.

Not expecting much from the Wild. Jets played them hard last night, and Kemps is in net.

I am looking forward to seeing Olofsson play tonight.

Hawks fan, coming in peace.

I honestly don't think the Hawks even care about the regular season at this point in their run of contention. They've gone through January swoons quite regularly. The core is all late 20s to late 30s with the exception of Panarin. They absolutely pace themselves throughout the RS, and they should. President Trophies, Division Titles, and home ice just don't matter much. They just want to be ready and healthy for the playoffs.

There is no doubt that the Hawks cannot dominate teams anymore at this point, especially over the course of an 82 game season + playoffs. It isn't even a factor of the higher salaries leading to less depth on the team. The veterans are simply declining. Guys like Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, etc just can't expend max energy all season anymore, especially in a condensed schedule like this year.

As for this being the biggest game of the year for them... maybe. It is a road game against the best team in the West. The crowd should be raucous. it will be the closest thing to a playoff atmosphere that can be replicated in the regular season. And After playing one of the most compressed schedules in the league in the 1st half, the Hawks have had their first extended break of the season coming into this game, so they should be rested and it would be cool to see them play with high energy for all 3 periods. They really haven't done that yet this season. This team has shown the ability to flip the switch so to speak in the past when they want to and maybe this is Kane's way of saying that the team should treat this matchup as one of those times to try it, just to gauge where they are and what they can expect to see in the playoffs.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Hawks fan, coming in peace.

I honestly don't think the Hawks even care about the regular season at this point in their run of contention. They've gone through January swoons quite regularly. The core is all late 20s to late 30s with the exception of Panarin. They absolutely pace themselves throughout the RS, and they should. President Trophies, Division Titles, and home ice just don't matter much. They just want to be ready and healthy for the playoffs.

There is no doubt that the Hawks cannot dominate teams anymore at this point, especially over the course of an 82 game season + playoffs. It isn't even a factor of the higher salaries leading to less depth on the team. The veterans are simply declining. Guys like Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, etc just can't expend max energy all season anymore, especially in a condensed schedule like this year.

As for this being the biggest game of the year for them... maybe. It is a road game against the best team in the West. The crowd should be raucous. it will be the closest thing to a playoff atmosphere that can be replicated in the regular season. And After playing one of the most compressed schedules in the league in the 1st half, the Hawks have had their first extended break of the season coming into this game, so they should be rested and it would be cool to see them play with high energy for all 3 periods. They really haven't done that yet this season. This team has shown the ability to flip the switch so to speak in the past when they want to and maybe this is Kane's way of saying that the team should treat this matchup as one of those times to try it, just to gauge where they are and what they can expect to see in the playoffs.

I have no doubt in the core Hawks players ability to flip a switch. It's the players that haven't had the long Playoff run that are the question marks.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
I have no doubt in the core Hawks players ability to flip a switch. It's the players that haven't had the long Playoff run that are the question marks.

Thankfully the top 5 D have all won Cups as have the two goalies. But yeah, the forward core is pretty untested that way.

I'm super excited about potentially facing you guys in the playoffs this year. The Hawks have owned the Wild in the playoffs in years past, but the Wild have turned the tables on them in the regular season recently. This is also the deepest and most skilled team the Wild have ever iced in their existence. Top to bottom I don't think there is any doubt the Wild are the more talented team. But weird stuff happens come playoff time.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Exactly. At this point CHI are the San Antonio Spurs. This talk of tonight's game being the most important game of the season is silly. If either team loses it doesn't really matter.

Hopefully we get a showdown in the playoffs. Those games will matter. Dubnyk will have to prove it. Crawford already has. Koivu will have to cancel out Toews. Granlund will have to rival Kane...tough work, but he has help. Suter outplay Keith. Brodin cancel out Hjalmarsson. Spurgeon outplay Seabrook, and Zucker/Nino outplay Panarin, Coyle outmuscle Anisimov and Staal and Hossa duke it out.

Having said all that it will probably be a relative nobody like Stewart or Haula who decides it all.

And let's all have a brief moment of reflection on Bickell, Wild killer extraordinaire, and Harding, ex Wild goalie, who's severe health problems cut short their careers all too soon.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
4-0 on national TV this year. Outscoring our opponents 17-5.

Games include the 7-1 drubbing of Montreal, 5-1 over STL, coming back in to beat Chicago away on the second night of a back-to-back.

Yeo's Wild typically choke. ;)

Was our game against Columbus nationally-televised? Or am I mis-remembering?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Thankfully the top 5 D have all won Cups as have the two goalies. But yeah, the forward core is pretty untested that way.

I'm super excited about potentially facing you guys in the playoffs this year. The Hawks have owned the Wild in the playoffs in years past, but the Wild have turned the tables on them in the regular season recently. This is also the deepest and most skilled team the Wild have ever iced in their existence. Top to bottom I don't think there is any doubt the Wild are the more talented team. But weird stuff happens come playoff time.

Yep, that weird stuff is usually attributed to Patty Kane... :(

I only count Keith, Hammer, Seabrook. TVR only played a couple of games in the last Cup run. Soupy is getting old (it's showing), and is pretty far removed from his last Cup run.

The goalie tandem of Crawford/Darling is a big advantage come Playoff time.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Yep, that weird stuff is usually attributed to Patty Kane... :(

I only count Keith, Hammer, Seabrook. TVR only played a couple of games in the last Cup run. Soupy is getting old (it's showing), and is pretty far removed from his last Cup run.

The goalie tandem of Crawford/Darling is a big advantage come Playoff time.

Staal/Koivu and Anisimov/Toews is close to a wash. Suter/Brodin/Spurgeon and Keith/Hjalmarsson/Seabrook is too. Panarin/Hossa and Backlund/Coyle same.

The Wild have an advantage in forward depth. The Hawks have the advantage of goalie depth. Either one could tip a series. I'd give the Wild a slight advantage in a matchup against the Hawks because forward depth is more important than goalie depth.

But the one trump card the Hawks have is Patrick Kane. If he is feeling it, he can take over games, even a series, and pull out victories that the team has no business taking.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
And let's all have a brief moment of reflection on Bickell, Wild killer extraordinaire, and Harding, ex Wild goalie, who's severe health problems cut short their careers all too soon.

Boy, Bickell did kill you guys :D
The contract we gave him was almost worth it, just for that.
Did see that he is planning to suit up and play for the Canes soon. Glad to see it.

Harding was a tough break for you guys, he could have been a solution to your goaltender woes in year's past. Guy had some talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad