GDT: 2/23/13 - Wild @ Flames 9:00 PM CST - Jinx edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Yeo basically admitted last night that this roster sucks and has no chance to be a contender. We can't get into a "track meet" with the lowly Calgary Flames? You mean we can't beat that team with superior skill?

Yeah, we're done. Leipold and Fletcher can't go soon enough.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about?!?! We have a gm who is doing his best to put together a good roster. He's even pulling things out of thin air at times practically. Then you have an owner who is willing to spend what it takes to make this the best team possible.

Yeo's an idiot. I remember his quote, and I remember thinking, geesus this is just a stupid statement to make. It was an excuse, nothing more. He's lost the team. Fletch didn't lose the team, Leopold didn't lose the team, Yeo did.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
There's always a lot more to read after a loss.
I wouldn't be opposed to a coaching change. Although I doubt it will happen during the season. Maybe at the end. I'd like to see PMB on the 1st line again. I thought for the short time he was there that line looked pretty good. And let's send Granlund back to Houston. Not because he's bad, but because he needs to play to get better. Let get him get the playing time he needs to improve.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Yeo is turning everyone into grinders and still hasn't given Brodin a legit shot on the PP.
-Our offense gets 1 shot per rush, no consistent zone pressure.
-Our PP has sucked for weeks and to "change it up" we replace one non-factor point man with another.

The issue with the PP has to do with the forwards, our first unit PP are all stationary players that can win a board battle and our second unit are all dynamic players that cant control the puck.
If we mixed both of our units it would give players like Granlund and Seto more space and control to actually do what they do best.

All of our lineup changes just shuffle the "nobodies" around Koivu, Parise, and to a lesser extent Heatley, Suter. The core of each line stays the same.

Even when we win this team leaves you with an empty feeling.

You can see it in the GDT's, everyone is full of sarcasm because nothing interesting happens during the game. It sucks.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Yeo is turning everyone into grinders and still hasn't given Brodin a legit shot on the PP.
-Our PP has sucked for weeks and to "change it up" we replace one non-factor point man with another.

The issue with the PP has to do with the forwards, our first unit PP are all stationary players that can win a board battle and our second unit are all dynamic players that cant control the puck.
If we mixed both of our units it would give players like Granlund and Seto more space and control to actually do what they do best.

All of our lineup changes just shuffle the "nobodies" around Koivu, Parise, and to a lesser extent Heatley, Suter. The core of each line stays the same.

Even when we win this team leaves you with an empty feeling.

You can see it in the GDT's, everyone is full of sarcasm because nothing interesting happens during the game. It sucks.

Yes! I can't stand watching this dump and chase system completely kill a good team.

OpRedDawn*

I don't get it. The first period they actually passed the puck and could carry it into the zone. Nifty little passes and smart shots. Afterwards, it was complete garbage. I like Yeo, but this team cannot play like that..

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I don't get it. The first period they actually passed the puck and could carry it into the zone. Nifty little passes and smart shots. Afterwards, it was complete garbage. I like Yeo, but this team cannot play like that..
Between periods Yeo told the team to cut out that creative garbage and that skating was for sissys. Dump the puck and then chase it...play your game...play your game. :sarcasm:

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
Yeo i showing several kind off ineptness

He dont know **** about powerplay, he cant fix it he dont know what to do about it and clearly dont give a **** about it
Not playing brodin the BEST skating defense-man on a powerplay that looks like 5 pub sunday skaters powerplay is infuriating

And the team feels it can play soft **** with out any real
punishment every 3 game and almost every 1 period at least

That does not sound like a nhl coach with players 100% trust
Why does the team not have 100% in the tank to perform for yeo? players have to know that their lackluster displays make yeo look bad really bad shouldn't the effort there if they care about their coach???

yeo has to be some infuriating control freak that true this picky ness infuriates the
players and thereby cause the lackluster displays because the amount off commitment for the cause is not where it should be

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
The world does not end and the sky does not fall after 1 loss. However, this loss is COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE to ****** hor**** teams like the Flames. We don't deserve to make the playoffs if we have much more of these.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
So last night Yeo gave the excuse that playing against Calgary was a "track meet" ?

Is that right? Is that really what he said?

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if you would have told me 3 years ago we would add cullen, seto, heatley, parise & suter i'd bet we were gonna win the cup! wtf is going on here? the players aren't getting it done.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
Even in our victories we haven't been good. It's not the players. It's the system. All our goals have come from actually playing hockey with puck possession, not this dump and chase garbage.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
in the 1st per we had like 13 shots on goal, but within the 1st 5 min they had a breakaway & a 2 on 1. that was our best period! sure coyle got his 1st but dang a bottom team like calgary blew us away. nothing positive to take away from last nites performance except we didnt lose 5-0!

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yeo basically admitted last night that this roster sucks and has no chance to be a contender. We can't get into a "track meet" with the lowly Calgary Flames? You mean we can't beat that team with superior skill?

Yeah, we're done. Leipold and Fletcher can't go soon enough.

How is saying "getting in a track meet" admitting that our roster sucks? :laugh:

You've wanted Leipold and Fletcher gone since day one. Can't really take your opinion seriously.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012

THIS is what frustrates me the most. I do not understand why we cannot maintain a bit of pressure for more than two seconds. Parise is a tough, persistent garbage guy around the net. His strengths are thrown out the window when we cannot maintain some pressure for longer than two seconds.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
How is saying "getting in a track meet" admitting that our roster sucks? :laugh:

You've wanted Leipold and Fletcher gone since day one. Can't really take your opinion seriously.

That hard to understand? It means we can't get into a skating game with the lowly Calgary Flames. It means we're slower than them. It means we suck, essentially.

And the second point is false. I've wanted Fletcher gone ever since he showed us he's an incompetent GM. So can I take your opinion seriously?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
That hard to understand? It means we can't get into a skating game with the lowly Calgary Flames. It means we're slower than them. It means we suck, essentially.

And the second point is false. I've wanted Fletcher gone ever since he showed us he's an incompetent GM. So can I take your opinion seriously?

Since when does speed equal success?

I haven't expressed any opinion except distrust of your opinion. Nice try, though. ;)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Can you explain why you think Fletcher is incompetent? Sure, he's not the best, but I don't think he's one of the worst either...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Oh for crying out loud, there are THREE players on this team with higher cap hits than Koivu and one of them is Dany Heatley.

And most people want to buyout Heatley. There is no arguments to be made there. Heatley hasn't produced, he is getting criticized and people want him gone, partly because of the contract. I can't make any arguments about someone that people are criticizing.

Yet Koivu's the problem here? Seriously? Oh well, it's coming from you so I'm hardly surprised. And you want Getzlaf of all people? He reeks of trouble and I'm thousands of miles away.

Koivu is one of the problems. When has he taken over and dominated a game? Where is he during the games where we need someone to stand up and show the team an EXAMPLE. I've seen Parise do it this year. But Koivu?

Here's what we need from Koivu (1) To stay injury free. Since 2010, he hasn't been able to stay on the ice. (2) To step up and take over the game once in a while. We need him to be a vocal leader not in the locker room but on the ice.

The good thing here is that the ridiculous trade proposition you just made won't happen, unless you drug Anaheim's GM. They're doing great, why in the hell would they even want to trade Getzlaf? Makes no sense.

It was just a suggestion.

You may identify some real issues but you don't seem to have any suggestions on how to fix them (like the developing talent part). Your solution to every problem this team has seems to be to get rid of Koivu, but I kind of doubt that would make the prospects develop any better.

No, that's part of the problem. The problem with this team is identity. Getting rid of Yeo isn't going to fix the team as much as people hope it will. Plus it just adds more time to the rebuilding.

Getting rid of Koivu and Yeo would give this team a fresh start like what happened to Boston and Joe Thornton.

I'm glad that you're not a gm. I am also glad that no gm thinks the way you do.

Oh. That ridiculous line. Yeah, it's so good that I wanted Kopitar over Pouliot or Stafford over Thelen. Or that I've been critical of Riser years before everyone got their head's off of their ass and realize how bad he was. Or maybe, just maybe how I said Spurgeon isn't a top pairing defenseman. Or I don't know about a dozen other things.

Sometimes I wonder how you come up with some of the things you say:help:

Sometimes it's so easy how Minnesota fans get the teams they have.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
I didn't watch the game last night, I was driving home and could not find a clear radio station. It seems like it was as good of one to miss as any. Hopefully they can pull it around and show some good effort this week.

EDIT: No need for that. I apologize TSK. No reason to put you on blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA