GDT: 2/23/13 - Wild @ Flames 9:00 PM CST - Jinx edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
This team is Charmin soft. I miss Clutter.

Edit: There should never be this many breakaways in a game

Billy Mays Here*

Spin the wheel of random Yeo excuses as to why the Wild lost.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Dump chase dump chase. Enter the ****ing zone with puck control you ****ing pathetic team. Are we really that unskilled that we cannot maintain puck control when crossing their blueline. We never and i repeat never do that. We just continue to give them the puck. We made the Flames look good. It looks like they have better players than us which is pretty sad. I watch a Flyers game or frankly any other game on tonight and you see both teams getting opportunities by carrying the puck and making passes to other players on their team. We just chip it up the boards to a guy who skates up to the red line and dumps it. The entire 2nd period looked like a ****ing powerplay for their team and what do we do once we get a puck give it right back to the. I hate our dump and chase system it is the most boring hockey around. I understand why we get ragged on by every ****ing team in the league and frankly I would love to watch Oilers hockey even though they constantly lose they are actually creative and making plays. We are a ********* team with zero dynamic players.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/2013-articles/february/wild-vs-flames.html

Pathetic game. Maybe a little over a period of ok to above average effort. But way too much floating around; especially Heatley. Yeo sidestepped Russo's question about Heatley pretty well. I have a complete game recap plus updates on the Houston Aeros, as well as prospect updates on Draeger, Dumba, Haula, Graovac and Bussieres. Check it out!

Billy Mays Here*

Dump chase dump chase. Enter the ****ing zone with puck control you ****ing pathetic team. Are we really that unskilled that we cannot maintain puck control when crossing their blueline. We never and i repeat never do that. We just continue to give them the puck. We made the Flames look good. It looks like they have better players than us which is pretty sad. I watch a Flyers game or frankly any other game on tonight and you see both teams getting opportunities by carrying the puck and making passes to other players on their team. We just chip it up the boards to a guy who skates up to the red line and dumps it. The entire 2nd period looked like a ****ing powerplay for their team and what do we do once we get a puck give it right back to the. I hate our dump and chase system it is the most boring hockey around. I understand why we get ragged on by every ****ing team in the league and frankly I would love to watch Oilers hockey even though they constantly lose they are actually creative and making plays. We are a ********* team with zero dynamic players.

This!!! This mother ****ing this!!! I was just talking over the phone with my dad tonight about the game and he brought up this exact point. One of the many reasons why Eastern Conference hockey is so much more exciting to watch.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Dump chase dump chase. Enter the ****ing zone with puck control..

:handclap:

this disgrace has to been stopped somehow, rather sooner or later. bring in some new force to try anything, it can't go worse than this. there's so much potential unused just because of wrong system used

mnwild*

Jul 22, 2011
Nairobi, Kenya
i think even if we got crosby malkin stamkos toews kane keith and letang to pull on wild sweaters and play for us wed still lose in boring fashion

the minnesota mediocrity curse

Doobz89

Apr 12, 2011

This. Absolutely this. This is what has made me most ticked off the most this season. Our defenders and forwards have the skills to carry it into the god damn zone. This team is built on playmakers carrying it into the zone buys them more time to make plays then fricken dumping and chasing it and having to battle to get puck control, which most of the guys on this team will lose! And if this truly is Yeo's system I think he needs to be fired.

Last edited:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
i think even if we got crosby malkin stamkos toews kane keith and letang to pull on wild sweaters and play for us wed still lose in boring fashion

the minnesota mediocrity curse

Yikes. Then why don't you go cheer on one of those teams? Probably would save you a ton of stress.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Gotta love the HNIC crew calling out the wild. Someones gotta do it.

I completely agreed with the crew. My buddies were snickering when these guys were calling out the Wild but I told them I totally agreed. They just didn't show up once again.

Had some decent flashes in the first period, but other than that looked like they couldn't care less.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Spin the wheel of random Yeo excuses as to why the Wild lost.

Its the same reason every night though. Not executing. Lacking in the mental aspects. Even when we win, we're not executing well. Maybe a higher percentage of the time, but you'd like that to be above half the game.

We actually do carry it into the zone sometimes. But yes, the system is predicated on wearing a team down on the fore-check, which believe it or not is what the Flyers try to do too. Are we successful? No, but that's on the players, not the coaches. It's their jobs to make the right decisions with and without the puck to put themselves in successful scenarios. They don't. And its not 1 guy, everyone's a culprit though some more than others.

And if its not on the players because they're not "fits", then that is on the GM. He's had 4 years to build a team, the DR excuse isn't valid on his end either. He signed/traded/drafted every guy on this team with the exception of a constant healthy scratch(Bouchard) and our #1 goalie. This is a cap ceiling team, the expectations should be high, regardless of how many 20 year olds are in our line-up, regardless of how many changes we made in the off-season and the lack of training camp. We've had enough time to establish those things.

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Something I've noticed, our PP blows (obviously) and it's costed us at least a few games.

Look back to game 1, we got 2 PP goals and both of them were from crashing the net. We haven't done that once since that game, and look where it's gotten us.

Just something I noticed. Parise is so good around the net as shown in game 1, so what do the Wild do, they stop doing it. Keep throwing it back to the point which teams are keying in on and intercepting the passes. The Wild are so predictable on the PP, other teams are laughing.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I just dont know what to say about this ****ing team anymore. It just seems like night after night they come out and only a handful of them even give a ****.

This team doesn't work hard. They give up. They talk a big game but they can't back it up. This team has more talent on it than most of the teams that have beaten us this season, but we have the worst god damned offense in the entire NHL. We might as well write our final score down ahead of time: one goal. Our wins and losses are determined by if we can hold our opponent without a goal for a whole game, or if we can take them to a shootout tied 1-1. Because we sure as hell can't get that second goal in regulation! At least not with anything even remotely resembling regularity.

So what do we get when we sit down and watch a Wild game this season? A piss poor start, a little jump in the second usually, and a piss poor third. All we do is dump and chase, we're too god damned soft to bring the puck over the blueline on someones stick, and we get pushed around all the time.

Oh and the powerplay looks like burnt out garbage.

And on top of that, we're rotating player after player up from Houston as if were throwing players at the wall and trying to see what sticks. Almost none of our guys from there have gotten anything resembling a good look, they are get sent down a game or two later.

That is most everyone except Granlund. What the **** is Yeo doing to this kid? The guy has a phenomenal hockey sense, he just needs to get used to the pro game some more. He was doing great in Houston, so why not send him down there and get him toughened up and a little more seasoned? Instead were destroying his confidence by sticking him on the fourth ****ing line or were scratching him. Yeah, thats a FANTASTIC way to develop a player with such potential. Professor James Sheppard approves of this tactic.

For ****s sake...

I have no idea what is wrong with this team. Things were supposed to be different this year, after enduring year after year of total garbage. No, we're not supposed to be an elite team yet, but we should at the very least be a lock for a playoff spot with this roster. Instead it's the same ****ing thing as last year, and now I'm writing more of the same ****ing rants.

So who the hell is at fault here? Is it Yeo? Quite possibly. I HAVE to imagine his seat is getting a little hot right now. Does he deserve to be fired? I could go either way at this point honestly. In fact if I wake up tomorrow and hear that we've fired Yeo and given Ruff a job, I will probably enjoy a brief surge of optimism. I really want Yeo to succeed, I really do, because he seems like he really knows his ****, but how long are we going to let this slide, which has gone on for a year and two months now, continue? This team needs SOMETHING to spark it. Again, I have no idea what that is, it's the job of the coach and GM to figure it out, and it does not seem like they are getting the job done in that department.

I am perfectly happy with the job GMCF is doing. He has built an amazing team that SHOULD be giving Vancouver at least a half-assed contest for the division.

I had the same doubts about Yeo now as I did when I wrote my Eddy Xmas disaster rant. Yeo just does not seem like he knows how to motivate players. I mean we lost to ****ing Calgary tonight. The team with the leagues worst home record! What is our excuse? We don't have one anymore! We're deep enough into the season that all the sluggishness from this seasons hit-the-ground-running start should be long since worked out. But this team continues to look like crap on ice, and parts that were working earlier like the top line, just are not doing anything anymore.

Remember what I said last year? That I hate this team?

Well I STILL ****ing hate this team.

I am just disgusted here. Something needs to happen, and something needs to happen SOON.

But somehow I know that if we do end up firing Yeo, it will be at a time when no good coaches are available anymore. Why? Because that's just the Minnesota way. We never do things at the right time. Who wants to give me odds that we go on a hot streak the moment we are effectively eliminated from playoff contention? Anyone? Show of hands? Yeah, we can look forward to picking 10th again this year, cause we can't even fail right.

I don't get it. We just can not seem to get a hockey team that is consistent here. We get maybe one good year every 10-15 years of so when it comes to pro hockey here. It's a disgrace. A ****ing disgrace that Minnesota, a state so hockey obsessed that its Boys High School Hockey tournament outdraws the High School Football Playoffs in Texas, does not have a quality pro-team. We deserve one.

Maybe we're just ****ing cursed. I don't ****ing know.

God dammit, where's the tylenol...

/AvderRant

Billy Mays Here*

I just dont know what to say about this ****ing team anymore. It just seems like night after night they come out and only a handful of them even give a ****.

This team doesn't work hard. They give up. They talk a big game but they can't back it up. This team has more talent on it than most of the teams that have beaten us this season, but we have the worst god damned offense in the entire NHL. We might as well write our final score down ahead of time: one goal. Our wins and losses are determined by if we can hold our opponent without a goal for a whole game, or if we can take them to a shootout tied 1-1. Because we sure as hell can't get that second goal in regulation! At least not with anything even remotely resembling regularity.

So what do we get when we sit down and watch a Wild game this season? A piss poor start, a little jump in the second usually, and a piss poor third. All we do is dump and chase, we're too god damned soft to bring the puck over the blueline on someones stick, and we get pushed around all the time.

And on top of that, we're rotating player after player up from Houston as if were throwing players at the wall and trying to see what sticks. Almost none of our guys from there have gotten anything resembling a good look, they are get sent down a game or two later.

That is most everyone except Granlund. What the **** is Yeo doing to this kid? The guy has a phenomenal hockey sense, he just needs to get used to the pro game some more. He was doing great in Houston, so why not send him down there and get him toughened up and a little more seasoned? Instead were destroying his confidence by sticking him on the fourth ****ing line or were scratching him. Yeah, thats a FANTASTIC way to develop a player with such potential. Professor James Sheppard approves of this tactic.

For ****s sake...

I have no idea what is wrong with this team. Things were supposed to be different this year, after enduring year after year of total garbage. No, we're not supposed to be an elite team yet, but we should at the very least be a lock for a playoff spot with this roster. Instead it's the same ****ing thing as last year, and now I'm writing more of the same ****ing rants.

So who the hell is at fault here? Is it Yeo? Quite possibly. I HAVE to imagine his seat is getting a little hot right now. Does he deserve to be fired? I could go either way at this point honestly. In fact if I wake up tomorrow and hear that we've fired Yeo and given Ruff a job, I will probably enjoy a brief surge of optimism. I really want Yeo to succeed, I really do, because he seems like he really knows his ****, but how long are we going to let this slide, which has gone on for a year and two months now, continue? This team needs SOMETHING to spark it. Again, I have no idea what that is, it's the job of the coach and GM to figure it out, and it does not seem like they are getting the job done in that department.

I am perfectly happy with the job GMCF is doing. He has built an amazing team that SHOULD be giving Vancouver at least a half-assed contest for the division.

I had the same doubts about Yeo now as I did when I wrote my Eddy Xmas disaster rant. Yeo just does not seem like he knows how to motivate players. I mean we lost to ****ing Calgary tonight. The team with the leagues worst home record! What is our excuse? We don't have one anymore! We're deep enough into the season that all the sluggishness from this seasons hit-the-ground-running start should be long since worked out. But this team continues to look like crap on ice, and parts that were working earlier like the top line, just are not doing anything anymore.

I am just disgusted here. Something needs to happen, and something needs to happen SOON.

But somehow I know that if we do end up firing Yeo, it will be at a time when no good coaches are available anymore. Why? Because that's just the Minnesota way. We never do things at the right time. Who wants to give me odds that we go on a hot streak the moment we are effectively eliminated from playoff contention? Anyone? Show of hands? Yeah, we can look forward to picking 10th again this year, cause we can't even fail right.

I don't get it. We just can not seem to get a hockey team that is consistent here. We get maybe one good year every 10-15 years of so when it comes to pro hockey here. It's a disgrace. A ****ing disgrace that Minnesota, a state so hockey obsessed that its Boys High School Hockey tournament outdraws the High School Football Playoffs in Texas, does not have a quality pro-team. We deserve one.

/AvderRant

Proud to say I read the whole thing and agree with everything that was said. With out luck, I bet the second the Wild finally do fire Yeo, Ruff takes a job elsewhere and we get screwed.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I was just "going to get 4 hours of sleep before the game, then watch the awesome game", and I just woke up. Decided not going to watch the game, watched highlights from NHL.com. Now I'm kinda happy I didn't watch the game.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

For ****s sake...

/AvderRant

You just saved me 20 minutes:nod:

Yup. I'll pretty much second this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad