Post-Game Talk: 1993 Cup winners vs The Stanley Cup Champions 7:00

win in regulation or let habs get their 2 points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Montreal playing for their lives but ultimately it was out of their hands with the Pens winning. A better team would probably have been able to take advantage of Caps' sloppiness, but our guys did enough to get the two points, and from one angle, that's what matters.

Pens winning doesn't affect Habs at all. Habs can actually still make it if the Jackets lose their last two games and the Habs beat the Leafs on Saturday.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
HFCBJ wishes to formally extend our sincere congratulations for winning the division this year, and our most heartfelt thanks for keeping the Habs that much further away from threatening our postseason plans. Good luck in the postseason... unless it's against us, of course. ;) :thumbu:

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Isles Fan coming in peace. Congratulations on winning the division

Assuming the Caps take it easy on Saturday and rest a few vets, you guys should have home ice v. the Pens. Hope that helps!

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Pens winning doesn't affect Habs at all. Habs can actually still make it if the Jackets lose their last two games and the Habs beat the Leafs on Saturday.

Before tonight, Pens were 3 pts ahead of Habs and both teams had 2 games remaining, so Pens winning did affect Montreal since at least according to my math, Habs could have surpassed Pens in total points. Otherwise, Pens winning did not mean Montreal is eliminated.

Reactions: Sam Spade

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The defense looked pretty well rounded to me. I was interested to see that with the empty net Reirden chose Niskanen and Orpik and then Carlson and Orlov. He started the one pk with Niskanen and Carlson. Certainly some gears are turning

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Before tonight, Pens were 3 pts ahead of Habs and both teams had 2 games remaining, so Pens winning did affect Montreal since at least according to my math, Habs could have surpassed Pens in total points. Otherwise, Pens winning did not mean Montreal is eliminated.

Ok, it does affect them, it just doesn't knock them out, which is what I thought the poster meant.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
A lot of us remember and the lectures, lol.

Well I remember saying it might finally hasten the departure of Oates and McPhee and enable a turnaround. And it did. First year in the Metro the Caps missed the playoffs and those guys were done.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Apropos of nothing but I watched the Habs/Bolts game on Tuesday and the Habs completely dominated the Bolts in that game.

I am really proud of the Caps for stepping up against a truly desperate team.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well I remember saying it might finally hasten the departure of Oates and McPhee and enable a turnaround. And it did. First year in the Metro the Caps missed the playoffs and those guys were done.

That season missing the playoffs payed big dividends in the long run.

Reactions: Sam Spade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig