Post-Game Talk: 1993 Cup winners vs The Stanley Cup Champions 7:00

win in regulation or let habs get their 2 points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well I remember saying it might finally hasten the departure of Oates and McPhee and enable a turnaround. And it did. First year in the Metro the Caps missed the playoffs and those guys were done.

For the record you never lectured :). It was the ones that always show up and rub it in when Caps lose. We haven't seen several of those since the Caps won the cup.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
For the record you never lectured :). It was the ones that always show up and rub it in when Caps lose. We haven't seen several of those since the Caps won the cup.

Some of them ...left...even before that. Not that I would know anything about what happened to them.

:laugh:

Reactions: txpd

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Dahlin really good, too. Just playing for bad team

Yes Dahlin has had a very good season for a young D on a bad team.
I just think the voters should factor in that St Louis likely wouldn't be in the playoffs without Binnington's performance. Canucks and Sabres aren't in the playoffs WITH Petterson and Dahlin's performances.
to me that would be the big difference.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Good win... I would've preferred MTL to make the playoffs, though...

Hey, what was the Hagelin quote in the post-game segment? My stream cut out exactly for those 30 secs.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
No it could be Columbus if they win both and Canes lose their last game.
The Canes need two points, either through a CBJ regulation loss or two OT/SO losses or by winning their last game. ANY other scenario and we probably get the Jackets because Columbus currently holds the first tiebreaker and they are tied in GD, but CBJ has a game in hand.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Um is Ovie gonna play that last game? Draisaitl scored again.

Depends on how many other forwards they decide to hold out, and they're not gonna share any info on who's hurting and where. Maybe Oshie, Kuzy, Backy just due to their average TOIs. Would like to see Jaskin get a sweater just in case they need him in the loffs. Guessing Ovie will want to play, regardless. Maybe "sheltered" minutes.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Some of them ...left...even before that. Not that I would know anything about what happened to them.

:laugh:
Sure thing
giphy.gif

Reactions: g00n and RandyHolt

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
f*** Reirden can cost Ovi a Richard!! Why he didn't let him to play on the empty net? It is not like he is liability over there

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
I’d rather have Eller out there... Ovies missed enough empty nets.

But he scored enough too. Today nobody scored on empty net anyway including Eller. Anyway hopefully he will be motivated enough against the Islanders & Trotz and will put 1 goal and 2 assists. Want to have him 40 assists too

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
But he scored enough too. Today nobody scored on empty net anyway including Eller. Anyway hopefully he will be motivated enough against the Islanders & Trotz and will put 1 goal and 2 assists. Want to have him 40 assists too

It would be cool, but realistically I don’t want Ovie on the ice if there’s an empty net come playoff time, and this was a playoff like game.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Tonight it was a good night.
Metro champs
Isles Canes (Pens) won.

We need to go to OT against isles. So they'll have the home ice against the Pens

Last year Caps finished 6th with 105pts
Now, they'll finish 4th for sure, with 104 105 or 106 points
Not bad.

I Hope Ovi will play the Last game. I'm pretty sure Draisaitl will play 25 26 minutes and Mcdavid will feed him several times by shift.
I want Ovi to be the only guy with 50 goal season
I want Ovi to win RR alone

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
**** Reirden can cost Ovi a Richard!! Why he didn't let him to play on the empty net? It is not like he is liability over there
Ovi doesn't care about the Rocket to the level he once did. He clearly cared about 50, but the Rocket is irrelevant to him in the grand scheme. He has demonstrated repeatedly over the last month that he cares far more about securing wins, playing team hockey, and making another playoff run. I'm not saying he wouldn't like the Rocket, but it doesn't really do anything for him now. He's obviously the greatest goal scorer in the league, his next goal is a little more lofty than a trophy, it's an all-time record.

I would say him not playing with an ENG is likely as much his choice as Reirden. I would not look at them really playing Ovi a lot in game 82. If he burns out from playing 20-25 minutes one game before the playoffs that would be the dumbest thing.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Did everyone see Nick with 1-2 seconds left, refuse to shoot at the ENG.... he didn't want to get attacked next game 7 months from now!

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
How many days do they have until G1? Sitting too many players cant be beneficial

Last regular season games are 4/6 Saturday. And I keep hearing that the Game 1 dates are 4/10 + 4/11. So next Wednesday + Thursday.

Edit:

We'll find out the exact dates and times this Sunday.

The 2019 Stanley Cup® Playoffs First Round schedule will be unveiled live on NHL Network™ this Sunday, April 7 at 10 a.m. ET and simulcast on NHL.com.

Hosted by NHL Network's Jamie Hersch, Mike Johnson and Dave Reid, "NHL Tonight™: 2019 Playoff Schedule Release" show will reveal and preview each series as the First Round approaches on Wednesday, April 10.

Later on Sunday at 6 p.m. ET, Hersch, Johnson and Reid will provide comprehensive previews and analysis of each team headed to the Stanley Cup Playoffs with "NHL Tonight: 2018-19 Playoff Preview" on NHL Network.

Stanley Cup Playoffs first-round schedule to be unveiled on NHL Network

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: