Post-Game Talk: 1993 Cup winners vs The Stanley Cup Champions 7:00

win in regulation or let habs get their 2 points?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Yes Dahlin has had a very good season for a young D on a bad team.
I just think the voters should factor in that St Louis likely wouldn't be in the playoffs without Binnington's performance. Canucks and Sabres aren't in the playoffs WITH Petterson and Dahlin's performances.
to me that would be the big difference.

It’s not the most valuable rookie award...

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
That's why I think Binnington should get the Calder. Without him that team would not have turned things around.
Why give it to Petterson in Vancouver? Because he scored 60 points playing top line minutes, 1st PP unit? Pfft gimme a break. Goalies spend the entire 60 minutes in net saving their team's asses time and time again.
I agree. Bennington should win the Calder. The team turned around when he took the job.

Reactions: Heath

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Calder is more like the Pearson than it is the hart. Best rookie not most valuable rookie

Yeah I understand that. But the metrics between a skater and a goalie are completely different, so it's impossible to look at their performances purely from a statistical viewpoint and draw a clear conclusion as to who was the best.
At the end of the day I don't get a vote so it doesn't really matter what I think, but I'm fairly sure those who do vote are going to be factoring in the "value" of the player to his team.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Calder is more like the Pearson than it is the hart. Best rookie not most valuable rookie

Honest question, how is the best player not the most valuable player? I mean, a really good player who plays on a great team with plenty of depth isn't as valuable as a really good player who plays on a dreadful team where the replacement player would be a complete scrub.

Seems to me that best player should also be most valuable regardless of his surroundings. Another way of looking at it is, if one players is the clear best in the league and there was suddenly a free draft for him, would not every team want that player on their roster? i.e. most valuable.

I think these distinctions between awards can be silly at times.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Honest question, how is the best player not the most valuable player? I mean, a really good player who plays on a great team with plenty of depth isn't as valuable as a really good player who plays on a dreadful team where the replacement player would be a complete scrub.

Seems to me that best player should also be most valuable regardless of his surroundings. Another way of looking at it is, if one players is the clear best in the league and there was suddenly a free draft for him, would not every team want that player on their roster? i.e. most valuable.

I think these distinctions between awards can be silly at times.
I agree with what you say that the most valuable should also be the best player but that’s not what the media deems so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad