Prospect Info: 17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It was 2 minutes for the ref being a putz. That was a pretty hip check.

Clipping is a 2 minute penalty per the rule book, but it's defined as laying a body check of any kind below the knees. Probably a shitty call for "game management".

Hey, I'm all for hip checking being legal as that was my go to move, but pretty much all hip checks are called despite what the rule book says. I do NOT dispute your assertions, but you need to take it up with Bettman, not me.

He's reminding me of Rafalski.

Rafalski with hair?

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
If Skellefteå drops Game 7 the coach will be under heavy scrutiny. Removing ASP from the PP looked really dumb last game.
That's the nature of the SHL, and it's kind of dumb. "Tie goes to the vet" is almost an unspoken league rule there.

On the plus side, can't they bring ASP to Grand Rapids once Frolunda eliminates Skelleftea?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
That's the nature of the SHL, and it's kind of dumb. "Tie goes to the vet" is almost an unspoken league rule there.

On the plus side, can't they bring ASP to Grand Rapids once Frolunda eliminates Skelleftea?
I'm not positive how international free agents signing in the AHL works to end the year. Theres a deadline for guys being on their roster to be playoff eligible.... but late season NCAA/junior signings can play. Not sure where the SHL falls on that map

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
I'm not positive how international free agents signing in the AHL works to end the year. Theres a deadline for guys being on their roster to be playoff eligible.... but late season NCAA/junior signings can play. Not sure where the SHL falls on that map
In 22-23 Wallinder came to the AHL for one game following the end of the SHL season. I guess it works that way.

Edit: I really hope one (or both) of Gibson and Tuomiso ends up as NHL quality players. Having Seider, ASP, and Gibson all at RD and under the age of 26 would be sweet.

The ending of this season sucked but the future has some very exciting possibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
In 22-23 Wallinder came to the AHL for one game following the end of the SHL season. I guess it works that way.

Edit: I really hope one (or both) of Gibson and Tuomiso ends up as NHL quality players. Having Seider, ASP, and Gibson all at RD and under the age of 26 would be sweet.

The ending of this season sucked but the future has some very exciting possibilities.
He didnt play any playoff games though which is more what I'm wondering.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Their best defenseman returned to the lineup, forcing ASP down the depth chart. He took all of ASP's power play time.
The best defenseman in the entire league returned. The defenseman who has been the quarter back on the best power play in any league in the entire world percentage wise this season. But it really doesn't make any sense whatsoever to remove Sandin-Pellikka entirely from the PP. Put him on the Ovechkin position because that's where he scored goals from before he went to the World Juniors.

Reactions: JBeast

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Losing power play time does not equate to going from 23+ minute average to 11:22 in the last game.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Losing power play time does not equate to going from 23+ minute average to 11:22 in the last game.
Have to remember that teams have 4 defensive pairings. Moved down a pairing + losing PP could account for that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad