Prospect Info: 17OA: Axel Sandin Pellikka

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I have learned not to be disapointed when Yzerman drafts a d man in round 1. But this one hurts a little with the forwards on the board.

I feel like we traded Hronek for younger Hronek here. Someone tell me i am wrong.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not my favourite...

BUT

... was ranked 11.overall on my list and we pick him 17th.

Small size...

BUT

Maybe 5'11 righty will work with 6'6 Edvinsson or 6'4 Wallinder ?

Was ranked as most skilled defenceman of this 2023 draft, only those bigger, less skilled 6'4 Simashev, and 6'2 Reinbacher did pass him.

Think I can live with this pick when I think the incentives... Kronwall developing this guy. If the IQ is like Adam Fox.... same size.

Righty. Which we did need.

Reactions: Luceni and 13to40

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If you guys take a step back and think about the statement “did we just trade Hronek for a younger Hronek” which multiple are feeling…that’s a f***ing win.

More controlled years, lower cost, and we got a second round pick along with him. That’s an easy swap on paper.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I like it. We need that power play one guy. Seider is great but Pelikka is more deceptive and I think has potential to be a great ppqb. And there isn't a ton of those in the league. The fact Yzerman took him despite being a smaller dman says a lot.

That would be huge is he can beat Seider from the PP.

I already like Seider very much and see him as NHL elite PP QB, especially when he will get elite unit-mates.

And then having Pellikka behind... situation like Lidström and Rafalski ?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
If you guys take a step back and think about the statement “did we just trade Hronek for a younger Hronek” which multiple are feeling…that’s a f***ing win.

More controlled years, lower cost, and we got a second round pick along with him. That’s an easy swap on paper.
I doubt it.

Don’t think he is dynamic enough offensively or a good enough skater at his size to justify getting drafted this high.

But I felt that way about him all year long. He did impress me at the U18s. Not enough to change how I think he projects to the pro game though.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really wanted Oliver Moore. I like the puck movement traits. I wasn't as high on him, but I hope they can develop him right, he needs to become that PP1 guy in my opinion.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I doubt it.

Don’t think he is dynamic enough offensively or a good enough skater at his size to justify getting drafted this high.

But I felt that way about him all year long. He did impress me at the U18s. Not enough to change how I think he projects to the pro game though.

I can’t pretend to have a big opinion on the player, but I just thought it’s worth addressing the notion of “did we just trade Hronek for a different Hronek” as if it is a bad thing. If that is in fact what happened, it’s a win.

Whether it happens or not, can’t make promises

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad