Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
It doesn't seem like Bratt has a ton of chemistry with Nico where as Stafford does. Bratt also isn't supplanting Palmieri if he's in the lineup so third line is the most logical choice.

I know Bratt is only a teenager but he looks so much better with the puck on his stick then any of our wingers outside of Hall. I'd venture to say he has created more scoring chances on the PK alone than Palms has in his total ice time this entire season so far.

Reactions: Darkauron

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Having guys like Henrique and Bratt on the 3rd line makes us very dangerous. We're at our best when we're rolling four lines. Let Bratt get the unsexy PK minutes.

He doesn't need to get 40 points this year, he can help in more important areas. Let other rookies like Nico and Butcher worry about pretty plays and getting points.
I'm fine with Bratt on the third line, but the last couple of games Hynes hasn't been rolling 4 lines that evenly.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I suspect when Zajac is back, Zacha gets demoted so you could see a Zacha-Henrique-Bratt 3rd line if everyone is healthy.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
So what do people think ? Is it a given that Bratt is not going to the OHL after this next game? Has Hynes or Shero commented either way?
I really hope they keep him up. He has been far from a liability and has looked pretty damn good on the PK. They can send him back whenever, but I think he deserves to stay.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I don't really think we have the roster depth to send Bratt to the OHL. I mean, the alternative is what - play Hayes more or all up someone from the AHL who may or may not perform?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
There is no positive to sending him back in my eyes. He brings a lot of value to this team, especially in taking pressure off of some of the other forwards in the PK minutes he can log.

He's a lot of fun to watch.

Reactions: Darkauron

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't really think we have the roster depth to send Bratt to the OHL. I mean, the alternative is what - play Hayes more or all up someone from the AHL who may or may not perform?

Maybe but a lot of kids are off to hot starts in Bingo so I think we can handle it.

Bratt is still here because he earned it though. Not because of our depth.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I think he should play with Taylor Hall. Hall assisted on two of Bratt's goals, and compliments Bratt's game nicely, much better than Zacha does. Hall forces defenders to focus on him with his speed and ability, Bratt's strength is in finding seams and the soft areas in front of the goal, and reading the offensive zone. He doesn't really win puck battles along the boards yet (although I think he will soon).

Hall and Hischier are both dynamos that can drive their lines. Put Stafford and Henrique with Hischier. Put Palmieri with Hall and Bratt. Put Zacha with Johansson and Boyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad