Prospect Info: #13 Nico Hischier: "I love to hockey" Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think Hall is playing fine. He looks a bit slow compared to normal, but he's getting chances. He just needs to start finishing.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins was interviewed last night during the CBC after hours show, and they said his weight at the time of the draft was 160 pounds, and now he's up to 191 pounds. Nico has one inch on him in height and already has 15 more pounds on him than RNH had as a rookie.

It's very common for 18-20 year old players to come into the league still scrawny, but they can build muscle over time into their early 20's.

2 points over 5 games is really nothing to be alarmed about. He could have a 3 point game on Tuesday or Thursday, and that quickly becomes 5 points in 6 games or 5 points in 7 games. There's really nothing that he's done or hasn't done, that would warrant any calls for him to be sent back to junior.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
His defensive play is incredible. It really amazes me that a kid so young could be so good defensively.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Like I said before, Hischier's playing fine.

And this is exactly what I tried to say when people were down on Zacha's production last year. Zacha only averaged a bit over 14 minutes per game last year in ice time. Jacob Josefson averaged 73 seconds more per game in 15-16 than Zacha averaged in 16-17. And Zacha was still scoring at quite a bit better rate than Josefson was the year before.

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
And this is exactly what I tried to say when people were down on Zacha's production last year. Zacha only averaged a bit over 14 minutes per game last year in ice time. Jacob Josefson averaged 73 seconds more per game in 15-16 than Zacha averaged in 16-17. And Zacha was still scoring at quite a bit better rate than Josefson was the year before.
Can you, like, not mention that name ever again? My only memory of him is when he got plastered by Marc Staal in game 4 ECF 2012 like 8 seconds before Salvador's goal.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can you, like, not mention that name ever again? My only memory of him is when he got plastered by Marc Staal in game 4 ECF 2012 like 8 seconds before Salvador's goal.
I wish that was my only memory of him.

Reactions: Its a Trap

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
I think people tends to forget what #13 said before the first game here: I just want to win.

Would people here be happier with Nico if he had 5 points but only 2 Wins. He's a team player first and foremost and Hall can learn how you play the neutral and defensive zone from him. He's been so good and when creating so many chances things will come. Hynes plays him in the end when leading one goal in MSG. NYR commentators was seeing this also. When he's entry level contract is up he will get a big paycheck and that is derserved.

Reactions: MadDog172430

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I think people tends to forget what #13 said before the first game here: I just want to win.

Would people here be happier with Nico if he had 5 points but only 2 Wins. He's a team player first and foremost and Hall can learn how you play the neutral and defensive zone from him. He's been so good and when creating so many chances things will come. Hynes plays him in the end when leading one goal in MSG. NYR commentators was seeing this also. When he's entry level contract is up he will get a big paycheck and that is derserved.

It is definitely true. The NJD are presently leading the Conference, on paar with the leafs but with higher +/- ovreall. And nobody has less games they have. They are TRULY leading.
Nico is part of the mix, he is playing key minutes with key players.

He really is playing well. Sometimes i think that he wants to make too much alone, to prove something because he didn't score so far or as a bad habit from the past years. Beyond that, he is doing pretty well ... and getting under the skin of the others, and not by provocation, but by battling for good positioning or by bugging the puck holder. You hate good playes that do not allow you to do what you want. He is drawing penalties for a reason.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He may not be lighting up the scoreboard, but he's not overwhelmed at all.

Not worried in the slightest about Nico.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Nico has been a bit snake bitten. Over the past 5 games he could have had 3 goals. It could be his shot, he has a quick release, I just don't know how much mustard he has on it and he seems to shoot low and doesn't go high ver often. The kid looks like a little kid. He will need to get stronger. In a few seasons he'll be an Allstar.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
He got a lot of puck luck in the preseason, and zero in the regular season. He looks just fine. The only real areas he definitely needs to improve are his strength and his endurance.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Yeah I'm not worried about Hischier in the slightest, he's fine. Most of all I'd like to see him get that 1st goal to just to get it out of the way, but in the end goals are not something a player can chase after. You just keep doing all the right things as a team that lead to scoring goals and eventually the points will find you.

Now in the grand scheme of things, it's not a big deal -at all- since it's really just one goal obviously.

Yet, I think many of us can say we love seeing that 1st goal from a top 6 forward that's either a rookie, a player new to the team, or even a veteran who hasn't had a goal yet during the season. When it happens, it feels like an unspoken burden has been lifted while providing a measure of relief and confidence.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If he's gonna score he's gonna have to increase his shot output. Game 1 he had 6, and then every other game he's had 1,1,1, and 0.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't get how people think Nico is struggling.

Yes he needs to fill his frame out so he can be stronger on the boards, but he is overall playing well
Is this coming from the main board? I don't think anyone here thinks that that? Do they?

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
He's definitely getting his chances. He's generating more 5v5 scoring chances on a rate basis than Stamkos and Malkin. It'll start going in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln