Prospect Info: #13 Nico Hischier: "I love to hockey" Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LOL cant believe I was Team Patrick pre draft. Nico is a stud and I’m glad to have him. He’s certainly has made me a believer
I don't even think he's playing much better than he was less than a week ago, when a couple people wanted to send him back to the Juniors.

The increased time on ice and a few pucks finding the back of the net, have made him progress to what is hopefully closer to the mean. I even said after he had 2 points in 5 games, if he has a 3 point game the next game, he's at 5 points in 6 games and no one will even remember when he only had 2 points in his first 5 games. He had a 2 point game, then he has a 3 point game tonight and just like that, he's up to 7 points in 7 games.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think those two goals is like the ketchup pouring out of the bottle after he's been hitting it for awhile. He was creating good opportunities throughout his games. It was really just a matter of time for him, but I'm happy to see him score, and two in one game. He's gotten the monkey of first NHL goal off his back.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
The kid has only been playing on NA ice 1 year, he's as small as they come and could use a little better endurance.

Imagine a potential hidden in him when these things gets better. Franchise player maybe?!?

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
The kid has only been playing on NA ice 1 year, he's as small as they come and could use a little better endurance.

Imagine a potential hidden in him when these things gets better. Franchise player maybe?!?

So is 6"1' small now? He is not small. Just need some bulk. But he already is exceeding my expectation physically speaking

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I think he ends up in that second tier below generational where the Tavares level players reside.

So yes a franchise player.

Reactions: ForeverJerseyGirl

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I don't even think he's playing much better than he was less than a week ago, when a couple people wanted to send him back to the Juniors.

The increased time on ice and a few pucks finding the back of the net, have made him progress to what is hopefully closer to the mean. I even said after he had 2 points in 5 games, if he has a 3 point game the next game, he's at 5 points in 6 games and no one will even remember when he only had 2 points in his first 5 games. He had a 2 point game, then he has a 3 point game tonight and just like that, he's up to 7 points in 7 games.

Even when he wasn’t racking up points he was creating 2-3 prime scoring opportunities for himself and others each game. Sure he had a few bad games (wash/tor) come to mind but the devils are a better team with him and that’s for sure. Like you said his chances are starting to go in and others are starting to convert on the chances he gives him if he keeps it up he’s prob going to get 50-60 points this year I would say

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I think he ends up in that second tier below generational where the Tavares level players reside.

So yes a franchise player.

I'm ok with that. Can't get a Crosby every draft. But he certainly will be a player the Devils can build around for a decade or more. I'm still interested to see if he ends up as a center or a wing.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm ok with that. Can't get a Crosby every draft. But he certainly will be a player the Devils can build around for a decade or more. I'm still interested to see if he ends up as a center or a wing.

Getting first line center responsibilities as an 18 year old shows to me they view him as a center in the long-term, and that's good because his game style definitely fits that role.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I actually think the Datsyuk comparison is pretty good. He obviously doesn't have Datyuk's hands but his elusiveness and his defensive game are pretty reminiscent.

He's a mix between Datsyuk/Bergeron playing wise.

Doesn't have the skill and flashiness that Datsyuk had, but he has a similar, simpler play style. His attention to detail in all zones reminds me a lot of a guy like Bergeron who has a way of always being in the right place at the right time.

Reactions: ForeverJerseyGirl

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
There's one play from last night that I think perfectly personifies Hischiers game.

When the Devils were on the second PK (Santini's trip) after scoring the third goal, Hischier moved over to block a shot from Turris. He goes down with one leg which blocks any passing lane to the front of the net, his body blocks most of the far side of the net, and then he keeps his stick out to block any cross-ice option. All Turris had was near post and Kinkaid cheated and made an easy blocker save into the netting.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
LOL cant believe I was Team Patrick pre draft. Nico is a stud and I’m glad to have him. He’s certainly has made me a believer

Ultimately I was fine with either pick, but I wanted Nico primarily because core muscle sports hernias for an 18 year old scares me.

A lot.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
So is 6"1' small now? He is not small. Just need some bulk. But he already is exceeding my expectation physically speaking

I remember reading he is 6"1.5, to be precise (I am Swiss after all, you know what I mean! Ah!). And you are totally correct: he needs to bulk up.
The average height of an NHL player in 14-15 - sorry, I only found up to that season - is 73.1 inches (= 6"1.1) and 201.2 lbs. Nico, per NHL.com, is 6"1 and 175. It would be an absolutely realistic and NORMAL goal for him to add another 25-30 lbs of muscle.
By the way lol @ those who think 6"1 is "small"...

PS: forgot the link... https://hockey-graphs.com/2015/02/19/nhl-player-size-from-1917-18-to-2014-15-a-brief-look/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->