Prospect Info: 125th Overall - D Nikolas Koberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlweezer*

Only person I've ever met in the world that introduces himself in full name, when I met him he said " nice to meet you I'm Nicholas Koberstein"

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Bizarre pick. I'm great with the Lernout pick but find this one bizarre given some good flyers were still out there.

carlweezer*

He is from Barrhead Alberta if not mistaken 1hr north of Edmonton. Same area where Kyle Chippchura is from.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Only person I've ever met in the world that introduces himself in full name, when I met him he said " nice to meet you I'm Nicholas Koberstein"

So we basically drafted 3 clowns. I see a trend.
1-Scherbak (see interviews)
2- Lernout (see his pictures)
3-Koberstein (see above)

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I didn't like trading up to Lernout but at least he was a known quality with bottom pairing upside.

This pick is completely baffling. The data suggests nothing but a goon, I guess Timmins (or Churla) knows more than we do though.

That's right!!!
He has a wicked right hand uppercut that he sets up with a thundering left hand hook :laugh:

These picks are long shots to make it so I hope in the future they at least make the AHL.....who knows....maybe he turns into a Markov that can fight ;)

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
That's right!!!
He has a wicked right hand uppercut that he sets up with a thundering left hand hook :laugh:

These picks are long shots to make it so I hope in the future they at least make the AHL.....who knows....maybe he turns into a Markov that can fight ;)

If he's an AHL enforcer at least he will have some utility.

I guess you never know though, anything is possible. Confusing though.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

Maybe but we are loaded with AHL enforcers now , or at least guys who hold their own and play with a mean streak .

I mean if Thrower , Dietz , Pateryn , Lernout , Koberstein , Crisp , Fournier etc all play on the Dogs at the same time...it's gonna look like UFC lite

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Maybe but we are loaded with AHL enforcers now , or at least guys who hold their own and play with a mean streak .

I mean if Thrower , Dietz , Pateryn , Lernout , Koberstein , Crisp , Fournier etc all play on the Dogs at the same time...it's gonna look like UFC lite

Koberstein if he even gets a contract with us won't be in Hamilton for 4-5 years. None of the other listed guys will be in Hamilton by then.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011

Since I have been falling the draft, after it gets late into the 3rd round there are so many players I never heard of. :laugh:
But after we draft these guys I start falling there career and really start to like them...even guys like Andrew Conboy and Pavel Valentenko I had so much hope they would make it.....oooh well.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Koberstein if he even gets a contract with us won't be in Hamilton for 4-5 years. None of the other listed guys will be in Hamilton by then.

Probably correct but that's still a ******** of similar guys in the pipeline which is why i'm a bit puzzled as to why we picked another one in Koberstein. The Dogs are still gonna be a tough team in the upcoming years.

But as i said in a previous post i'll just adopt a wait and see approach.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Thirteen players have made commitments since the league held its AJHL Showcase in late September in Spruce Grove, Alta. Three of those came in a 32-day span for the Olds Grizzlys, capped off by Nikolas Koberstein’s commitment to Alaska in late November.

“It’s fantastic,†Koberstein said this week of the exposure in the AJHL. “There’s always people watching you, every game. The showcase was crazy. You couldn’t really let it distract you because you wanted to play your best, but there were a ton of schools watching.â€

A 17-year-old rookie in the AJHL, Koberstein has adjusted well, leading Grizzlys’ defensemen in scoring. Immediately after the showcase he was in contact with multiple schools, but a visit from Alaska head coach Dallas Ferguson clinched it for him.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/koberstein-among-flurry-ajhl-commits

18 points in 55 games. Not bad for being a rugged stay at home type DMan.

Dat size..............:handclap::laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Most bizarre pick of them all. Even the 7th rounder makes more sense than this one. Can't wait to see what the kid is all about. Problem is that he's still going to play in that crappy league for another year before he goes to Alaska....

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Most bizarre pick of them all. Even the 7th rounder makes more sense than this one. Can't wait to see what the kid is all about. Problem is that he's still going to play in that crappy league for another year before he goes to Alaska....

I think this is the biggest stretch the Habs have made in recent memory. Fortunately it's not a 1st round stretch like David Fischer so there's that at least

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Klobberstein is a very astute spelling and descriptive, I'm sure Nik's heard that one a few times in his life.:laugh::amazed:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
i like it

we were too weak on the Right side at D

this shores it up a bit with lernout and klobberstein

again really rounding out our prospect pool nicely these last 3 drafts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events