GDT: 12/6/17 @ Washington - 7:00 PM, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
'Dominant' period for the Hawks which means 2 bad power plays, a bunch of routine shots into Holtbys pads with no net front presence

And then a weak penalty calll with a terrible kill with a backup goalie giving up a terrible rebound ending up in the back of night.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
They put out shot the caps and controlled possession. Washington had nothing before that goal.
And they did it again for most of the second. None of the resulted in a puck in the back of the net.

This team needs a a major change to shake it up. That should include a trade, a healthy scratch of the Captian and the firing of the coach.

Reactions: Matt Ravlich

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2017
giphy.gif

Reactions: bobbydigital

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
And they did it again for most of the second. None of the resulted in a puck in the back of the net.

This team needs a a major change to shake it up. That should include a trade, a healthy scratch of the Captian and the firing of the coach.

I don’t disagree.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
This site is nearly impossible on mobile. Anyway, it’s time for a new voice. The only way that happens is to drop some games. I’m done with Captain Hook to be honest.

Reactions: jls24

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
Is it possible that Q gets fired before Christmas?
That would be a nice xmas present for moi! We need a BLOCKBUSTER trade too! Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, to Vegazz for a dufflebag full of shiny new pucks, (and four 1st round draft choices!) The "Toews/Kane era" is OVAH in Chicago!

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Kane is still incredibly talented. He's just lazy

Toews 'expired on' date came and went 2.5 seasons ago. Ironically enough when he fancy new contract kicked in

It would be a nice early XMAS gift If some team were dumb enough to take Toews and his contract.

But hey more Chevy commercials with him trying to get me excited about the 314th beat player in the NHL.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
These games happen. The problem isn't that we're losing tonight. The problem is us shiting away so many close games this season, making tonight's tilt more important than it has any right to be. Very frustrating.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
Maybe go to T-K with a 2nd line of Schmaltz-Anisimov-cat?

Idk, anything other than this garbage.

Let Kemp play for f***s sake.

Even good roster management can't save this terrible, play it safe, hang back and to the outside system though.

Whatever, they won't have the guts to fire Q regardless.

MTP

I Love Shinpads
Jan 19, 2010
Downers Grove, IL
Half-way serious question: Would it be a violation of the CBA to put Hossa behind the bench, or even to have him on the ice during practice? This team is so poor in the defensive and neutral zones, and their positioning is a big part of that. It seems rare that anyone is in a position to even make a play. I wonder how much of that was because of Hossa's tendency to mentor younger players.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Half-way serious question: Would it be a violation of the CBA to put Hossa behind the bench, or even to have him on the ice during practice? This team is so poor in the defensive and neutral zones, and their positioning is a big part of that. It seems rare that anyone is in a position to even make a play. I wonder how much of that was because of Hossa's tendency to mentor younger players.

In a league where Pronger was a part of the DOPS while still under contract anything is possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad