Injury Report: 12/19 Hertl

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 18m

Tomas Hertl lone #SJShark on the ice right now, working with skating coach brought in by team on special assignment.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks
Here's how #SJSharks look at a.m. skate: 8-19-88, 12-39-83, 57-15-38 (Kearns), 81-10-18. Interesting, Hertl did take rush or 2 on 4th line.

Soon... :sarcasm:

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Kurz with breaking news?!?!

Hertl to be back in time for playoffs, and potentially one of the final two games of the year for a tuneup. I'll believe it when I see it, but that would be flipping fantastic.

Sharks rookie Tomas Hertl could return to the Sharks’ lineup soon.

Very soon.

The 20-year-old forward is expected to be ready in time for the Sharks’ first playoff game next week against the Los Angeles Kings, according to a source, and pending medical approval.

http://www.csncalifornia.com/sharks/sharks-rookie-hertl-expected-return-playoffs

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
If Kurz is right (who knows, it is Kevin Kurz of all people), THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Are we going to have the full lineup with Hertl and Torres by next week (no Burish, but nobody cares)? Wow!

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
Why do they got to keep playing these mind games. :pullhair:

That would be great if he is back for game 1. Even if both him and Torres come back I am still a little worried about Niemi's inconsistency of play this year. No mater how good your team is if your goalie is letting in softies it is practically impossible to win a 7 game series.

spintops

Sep 13, 2013
NHL needs stricter rules regarding teams saying what's going on with injuries. NFL teams have to give reasonable reports on the injury // if a guy will play. If someone is paying money for tickets to attend, they have the right to know who is going to play/not play

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
If Kurz is right (who knows, it is Kevin Kurz of all people), THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Are we going to have the full lineup with Hertl and Torres by next week (no Burish, but nobody cares)? Wow!

Could you imagine the first time the Sharks can ice a healthy lineup (minus Burish) this year is game 1 of the first round. We still haven't really seen the real team yet.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Could you imagine the first time the Sharks can ice a healthy lineup (minus Burish) this year is game 1 of the first round. We still haven't really seen the real team yet.

That's the crazy thing! So many people are worried because of our current play now, but it is possible that we get those guys back next week and go on a run like the Kings did their cup year. That's the homer in me, but the team is stupid deep with Raffi and Hertl in the lineup (and no other injuries, knock on wood).

Quibble about line combos, but holy hell:

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Torres-Pavelski-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-Kennedy/Havlat

That's just filthy. Not sure I trust Todd (Especially when it comes to where to ice Pavs), but damn.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
That's the crazy thing! So many people are worried because of our current play now, but it is possible that we get those guys back next week and go on a run like the Kings did their cup year. That's the homer in me, but the team is stupid deep with Raffi and Hertl in the lineup (and no other injuries, knock on wood).

Quibble about line combos, but holy hell:

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Torres-Pavelski-Wingels
Sheppard-Desjardins-Kennedy/Havlat

That's just filthy. Not sure I trust Todd (Especially when it comes to where to ice Pavs), but damn.

4th line could be kennedy shep havlat as well. also depending how nieto does he could drop and someone else could move up, i would like to see a torres or wingels on the second line to open things up a bit

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
NHL needs stricter rules regarding teams saying what's going on with injuries. NFL teams have to give reasonable reports on the injury // if a guy will play. If someone is paying money for tickets to attend, they have the right to know who is going to play/not play

They do have to give the proper injury reports the league, they don't have to tell us **** honestly. NFL is the same way. Kaepernick played all year with a ****ed up foot and the 49ers were quiet with details until the off season.

ChompChomp

Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I'm tempering my expectations for them because they haven't played in a long time.

That's why I say full lineup instead of fully healthy lineup. Even if they are back, I can't believe they'll be 100% next week, or even at any point in the playoffs.

BUT it's very nice to have them back. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3