Injury Report: 12/19 Hertl

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Here's the thescore's (via Rotowire) take on Hertl returning. I really hope he does get in a game before the playoffs even if he just plays like 10 minutes or something, I just don't want him to just be tossed in right away to a freaking series against the Kings for his first game back lol. Either way though I'm extremely excited that he'll be back but I'm just worried that the Kings will target him and I really think they will. Does anyone remember last season in the final 2 games against the Kings before the playoffs when they were targeting Couture and nothing was being called? That was bull****.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Here's the thescore's (via Rotowire) take on Hertl returning. I really hope he does get in a game before the playoffs even if he just plays like 10 minutes or something, I just don't want him to just be tossed in right away to a freaking series against the Kings for his first game back lol. Either way though I'm extremely excited that he'll be back but I'm just worried that the Kings will target him and I really think they will. Does anyone remember last season in the final 2 games against the Kings before the playoffs when they were targeting Couture and nothing was being called? That was bull****.

Browns getting his knee ready as we speak.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Browns getting his knee ready as we speak.

Given brown was fortunate first time around. I'm sure knowing that it's hertls first or second game back. If anything were to happen to him that even remotely looks illegal or intent to injure I would think suspensions would be handed down and they would definitely take up a lot closer look at it. But we were disappointed the first time so who knows

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Although I still loathe Torres, it's reassuring to know that the Kings have to be aware that if Brown goes after Hertl or Nieto, Torres can retaliate against Toffoli and Pearson.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
We don't need Mike Brown for that crap, give me a break lol. Just hit DBrown. Wingels, Torres, Desjardins... hell even Burns and Jumbo are capable of that.

I hate the mentality that you need to ice crappy players in order to doll out any kind of physical punishment within the game. It the kind of fallacy that those idiots running Toronto ascribe to.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Probably. We really need a guy like Mike Brown in the lineup to get in Dustin Browns face and really intimidate him and just kick his *** because I really expect Dustin Brown to do something.

Brown's not an idiot. We put out Mike and Dustin will instead score goals.

Given brown was fortunate first time around. I'm sure knowing that it's hertls first or second game back. If anything were to happen to him that even remotely looks illegal or intent to injure I would think suspensions would be handed down and they would definitely take up a lot closer look at it. But we were disappointed the first time so who knows

Doubt it. Hertl goes down and at best we'll just have another thread with us being angry at Kings fans while they say "deal with it" on the main board.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
We don't need Mike Brown for that crap, give me a break lol. Just hit DBrown. Wingels, Torres, Desjardins... hell even Burns and Jumbo are capable of that.

I hate the mentality that you need to ice crappy players in order to doll out any kind of physical punishment within the game. It the kind of fallacy that those idiots running Toronto ascribe to.

Yeah but with Mike Brown who cares if he gets suspended? :laugh:

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Dating myself (putting a date to my age not taking myself out for a date:sarcasm::D)

Can't wait to sing: Hey la, hey la, my Hertl's back

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
well as you already know. Hertl in and Stalock in.

Not so sure about Hertl skating this am on the 3rd line with Tommy and Sheppard?!

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
So, watching Hertl's play tonight.

His TOI was 15:00, 1:18 of it was on the 2nd PP unit. He didn't look engaged at all and didn't battle on the boards. Maybe they told him to take it easy? Aside from that, he did look a bit lost on his defensive assignments.

So, I guess we'll see whats in store next week? Because right now I don't see us fielding him in his current state.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So, watching Hertl's play tonight.

His TOI was 15:00, 1:18 of it was on the 2nd PP unit. He didn't look engaged at all and didn't battle on the boards. Maybe they told him to take it easy? Aside from that, he did look a bit lost on his defensive assignments.

So, I guess we'll see whats in store next week? Because right now I don't see us fielding him in his current state.

Still would rather have Hertl over Kennedy or Brown.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
Still would rather have Hertl over Kennedy or Brown.

If you don't battle on the boards, you won't get it out of your zone. Again, are we to assume coaching staff and maybe doctors told him to don't battle along the boards? Its possible. Will he battle along the boards come playoff time? We have no idea as of right now.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
He looked crazy dangerous in the offensive zone whenever the puck was on his stick. You don't sit that. It was his first game back. I don't blame him if he was a little tentative. Plus, he wasn't on a line with new linemates... makes sense that he might be a little unfamiliar with his place.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If you don't battle on the boards, you won't get it out of your zone. Again, are we to assume coaching staff and maybe doctors told him to don't battle along the boards? Its possible. Will he battle along the boards come playoff time? We have no idea as of right now.

Kennedy and Brown have issues getting the puck out too and they don't have an injury excuse really. Hertl can at least get some chances and has the hands to bury them. He wasn't a complete player before he got hurt...he wasn't the guy that was getting pucks out or battling along the boards before he got hurt...that was mostly Burns and Thornton.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He looked crazy dangerous in the offensive zone whenever the puck was on his stick. You don't sit that. It was his first game back. I don't blame him if he was a little tentative. Plus, he wasn't on a line with new linemates... makes sense that he might be a little unfamiliar with his place.

Hertl's slight defensive deficiencies (being merely average) were exposed because due to Sheppard having absolutely no clue what he's doing at center causes any line he centers to spend massive amounts of time in the defensive zone. Yet I saw Hertl twice make smart stick plays to break up Avs' cycles and skate the puck out of the zone. Put him with Thornton and Burns and you won't have an issue.

He's absolutely playing vs the Kings. He created several scoring chances despite Sheppard.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Hertl before the injury was no defensive gem, but then again he didn't have to be because he was with thornton and burns. 2 players that aren't defensive beasts but they can handle there own against almost all types of players. Which left hertl to be more of an breakaway offensive threat (remember early in the year when it seemed like hertle was getting 5 breakaways every game?)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00