Post-Game Talk: 12/15/17 | Sharks 3 @ Canucks 4 in OT

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I think if Pouliot did the same thing you'd see the flaw in how bad of a play it was.

It's a bad play when a defenseman turns it over to a create a 3 on 2, one of which is a forward.
Agreed..especially when they give it away up the middle of the ice..

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
If they had flubled up the play we wouldn't be talking about it.

Offensive turnovers happen all the time.
Yes but a d man with no offense cannot be making aggressive offensive plays. Him and Hutton need to play safe because they cannot finish. They give up a lot of goals looking for offense that will not come off the rush.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I think if Pouliot did the same thing you'd see the flaw in how bad of a play it was.

It's a bad play when a defenseman turns it over to a create a 3 on 2, one of which is a forward.

Didn't argue it wasn't a bad play, you'd never want to turn the puck over. Just don't think it's a colossal mistake.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Yes but a d man with no offense cannot be making aggressive offensive plays. Him and Hutton need to play safe because they cannot finish. They give up a lot of goals looking for offense that will not come off the rush.

I like the fact our defenseman come deep and make aggressive plays.

If that means the odd turnover, I'm completely fine with it.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
iMac thinks Goldobin has been good....I think he's been so-so...He has to make the most of this opportunity with the injuries.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Crazy to think this is how good the sedins were every game in their prime

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I like the fact our defenseman come deep and make aggressive plays.

If that means the odd turnover, I'm completely fine with it.

I don't anymore, but it's become apparent that other than Pouliot lately and DZ earlier in the year, our d-men have no idea what to do when they get in deep. So now it's more of a liability than an asset. None of them can shoot so they can just let them run themselves out of room. Then they're caught.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Gaunce is a good penalty killer... dunno what Del Zotto was doing there

Jrtu

Jun 22, 2010
I wanted Ehlers, but warmed up to the Virtanen pick after realizing that he is a hometown boy and has the size and scoring prowess. I was shocked about the Juolevi pick though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad