Post-Game Talk: 12/15/17 | Sharks 3 @ Canucks 4 in OT

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
my god, I always think NHL goalies will eventually figure out his shot, but it's just that damn good.

Guys assume now he's going to always one-time it a la Ovechkin but he actually stopped that one and picked his spot. He just has an uncanny knack of doing the right thing all the time.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
there's a small chance that the sedins and granlund can play a period like that another 2 times in the same evening, 22 shots and sustained zone time is pretty impressive

but it's gonna be the Toronto game again next 2 periods

let's hope boeser scores one before it's done
B O E S E R
O
E
S
E
R

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Pettersson-Boeser is going to be a lot of fun to watch next season. Hopefully with new management that can actually build around them.

That won't happen. You can thank current management for drafting these two.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
And the sedins have 3 points each... of course they are the catalyst for our offense. Can still play!

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I don't think I've seen a forward do the little things as well as Gaunce does in the past ten years outside of maybe Malhotra, burrows?

Horvat was as good, right away. But perception has been coloured by that ridiculous pigeonholing management wanted to do with him in the last two seasons.

Look back at the prospects camp reports on Bo. Even at that point, always in the right place.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I know the Sharks are on a double-header, but the Nucks definitely have their heads in the game. Kudos to Green for this, win or lose.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
And the sedins have 3 points each... of course they are the catalyst for our offense. Can still play!

I don't like Vanek with them though, he doesn't retrieve pucks and I get the feeling like all that board work is too much effort for him. All the sedin points are on the PP, no?

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
560zipnuo7401.png

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Horvat was as good, right away. But perception has been coloured by that ridiculous pigeonholing management wanted to do with him in the last two seasons.

Look back at the prospects camp reports on Bo. Even at that point, always in the right place.
I think a lot of the criticism against Bo is fair. Like I don't disagree with there being holes in his game. I don't believe they are as apparent and constant as others or management believed, but moreso small things for him to work on.

also @PorscheDesign

this team is on it's way to it's third bottom five finish in four years and we were supposed to compete with the league's elite by year 4 so i would be hesitant to defend management because we are leading the sharks by a goal

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Eh, the turnover wasn't that bad.

The result just ended badly.
it was a pretty bad play imo.

giving up a 3 on 2 with daniel sedin as your cover is a weak pass.

bad play, bad result

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
If they had flubled up the play we wouldn't be talking about it.

Offensive turnovers happen all the time.
I think if Pouliot did the same thing you'd see the flaw in how bad of a play it was.

It's a bad play when a defenseman turns it over to a create a 3 on 2, one of which is a forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad