12-13 Winnipeg Jets Training Camp Thread

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
So... anybody following camp closely enough to predict the lines? I'm working on the Sens GDT. Or are Holden's pretty close to what you all think they'll look like?

My best guess -

Ladd - Little - Wheeler
Kane - Jokinen - Wellwood
Ponikarovsky - Antropov - Burmistrov
Machacek/Peluso - Slater Thorburn

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Hainsey - Stuart
Clitsome - Postma

Pavelec

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So... anybody following camp closely enough to predict the lines? I'm working on the Sens GDT. Or are Holden's pretty close to what you all think they'll look like?

If Antro is healthy I would predict

Ladd Little Wheeler
Kane Jokinen Wellwood
Poni Antro Burmi
Macho Slater Thorburn

Enstrom Buff
Stuart Hainsey (wish Stuie wasn't here but I think he will be)
Clitsome Postma/Redmond

Pavs

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
My best guess -

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Hainsey - Stuart
Clitsome - Postma

Pavelec

Looks pretty close
Rumor has it (according to hustler of h&l fame) it looked likely scheifele will draw in centering the 4th line Saturday.

Which i personally disagree with
Should be playing top 6 minutes (if earned) or back to junior imo

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
My best guess -

Ladd - Little - Wheeler

Enstrom - Byfuglien
Hainsey - Stuart
Clitsome - Postma

Pavelec

If Scheifele isn't sent back to Barrie, he will be in the lineup somewhere. There is no way they are going to keep him up to sit in the press box.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
:laugh: .. Geez, forgot Scheifele!

If Scheifele is on the 4th line thats unfortunate. Which then begs the question, who goes to the 4th line? This will be interesting.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
:laugh: .. Geez, forgot Scheifele!

If Scheifele is on the 4th line thats unfortunate. Which then begs the question, who goes to the 4th line? This will be interesting.

Weird snuck through the five hole on my as well "ya know"

It all comes down to Antro......Mark centers the 3rd line if Antro can't go IMHO.....other than that I guess they toss him on the 4th line if Antro is playing?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
It all comes down to Antro......Mark centers the 3rd line if Antro can't go IMHO.....other than that I guess they toss him on the 4th line if Antro is playing?

I think this is correct, though I personally don't see a point playing him on the fourth line, I'd rather send him down after 5 games.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think this is correct, though I personally don't see a point playing him on the fourth line, I'd rather send him down after 5 games.

I am ok with 4th line in a 5 game trial if it is wrapped with a 2nd PP unit bow.

That would give him a chance to prove his 2 way play plus an option to flash a bit 5 V 4

jetkarma*

Dennis Beyak was saying on the Rona Roundtable with Rick Ralph ( the add is free boys ) that he thinks if Sheifele is on the 4th line that he would expect to see him be bumped up a few times during the game to give him an opportunity / see what he may do.

This makes sense to me , he has to get some better quality minutes and see if any offensive chances occur or maybe even produce some points.

I would be very surprised if we don't see some injuries , and the roster will be pretty fluid for the first few weeks I believe. In Mark's case he offers some flexibility , C/RW can me moved up or down the lines , so I would imagine he gets his 5 games in , maybe in a total of 8 or so games and see if there are injuries that influence roster decisions , and then go from there.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Looks pretty close
Rumor has it (according to hustler of h&l fame) it looked likely scheifele will draw in centering the 4th line Saturday.

Great. 5 minutes a night with Thorburn and Peluso. Talk about a setup for success - better make some room for that Calder trophy on your mantle, Mark!

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com

The benefits of him on the 4th line are...
Groin pulls are gonna happen.
Not enough time to find chemistry.
We don't know if Welly can log the kind of minutes that Kane and Olli will.

jetkarma*

I thought Noel said Scheifele was on the 1st line with Slater. ;)

Noel often asks the media who is the 1st , 2nd, 3rd , 4th line? Well he mentioned Peluso multiple times as possibly contributing on the 4th line , playing real minutes not 2 to 3 .... so Claude , you like to have fun , but you know , we know ;) Of course 2a and 2b are more what I see ....

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm sure we will see all teams roll 4 lines alot throughout the season. It's alot of games in a short time.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Noel often asks the media who is the 1st , 2nd, 3rd , 4th line? Well he mentioned Peluso multiple times as possibly contributing on the 4th line , playing real minutes not 2 to 3 .... so Claude , you like to have fun , but you know , we know ;) Of course 2a and 2b are more what I see ....

hahah ya plus he specifically uses the lines differently and gives them very different time allotments

I did find it funny when he called the Slater line top line

Che vy Teemuchuk

May 31, 2011
John Labatt Centre
Interesting points here about use of Scheifele. If he does stay up for his 5 games, it could be good to log ~10 minutes with old GST, plus replace Welly for a handful of shifts with Kane & Olli. Plus work the 2nd pp.

First pp = Olli & Buff on point with LLW?

2nd pp = Scheif, Kane, & Welly with Enstrom & Postma/Clitsome?

Then Noel can roll out the rested Cossacks, Stuie & Hainsey when they get back to even strength?

I'd be curious to see how this would work for 5 games.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Looks pretty close

So that must mean they have Slater centering the 3rd?

Like: Ponikarovsky-Slater-Burmistrov ?

Interesting.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Again I just saw Pavelec walking to the rink with the call ups. How does he not have his own place? Also, how do I put this.... He has a giant booty! Not the most lean guy

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
please please please play Scheifele w/Wheeler. hate Wheeler's linemates. not great utilization of the team's best player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad