OT: 116th Obsequious Banter Thread: October is National Pizza Month

October is National Pizza Month. What is/are your favorite pizza topping(s)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
We play online now. No one has to waste the time to travel and no matter where in the world anyone moved, it’s not a problem.
Where’s our invites?

Does anyone have multiple Nintendo switch lite’s? We just snagged a few for my horde. I was wondering how playing multiplayer with lite’s work. I’m assuming for physical games you need multiple copies. Digital, do you need multiple copies if you’re all on the same family thing?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I've played DND before but never really bought in all the way, had trouble figuring it out. Then baldurs gate 3 came out, I bought it on a whim cuz I had a new computer and wanted to try something new, and now I'm obsessed with all things DND. I think I have a problem. Looking at figurines, dice, books, everything DND.
Stay away from kickstarter, but reaper miniatures kickstarters is a great way to get a ton of miniatures that you(have/get) to paint.
IMG_1668.jpeg

I want to be an NPC.

Check that - EVERY NPC
I’m going to attempt to seduce every npc

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
You used more than four syllables in that sentence. He'll never understand it.
I know what a coccyx is sir. I thought I broke it once playing tackle football in a frozen field. Landed coccyx first on a lone clump of frozen grass. Hurt so bad I bounced.
I only pretend to be smart on here.

I mean stupid. f***.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I never had enough people around me who wanted to play after high school or I would have been the same. Actually, you really just need one person who is competent and eager enough about DMing and you can usually pull numbers together. But my friends were all idiots.
I feel that. I have multiple people in my group of friends that like playing and dming. But I think I'm just going to roll with one character and one campaign for right now.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
It's a shame in a way but not...you've been exposed to 5e which people seem to love..save a good number of old timers
A number of my friends play 3.5 but I have no clue what the differences are nor where I would start with that. Basically baldurs gate knowledge has been transferrable for the most part to my buddies 5e campaign though and that has made a world of difference for me in understanding the game and how things work, compared to when I played with 0 frame of reference.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
A number of my friends play 3.5 but I have no clue what the differences are nor where I would start with that. Basically baldurs gate knowledge has been transferrable for the most part to my buddies 5e campaign though and that has made a world of difference for me in understanding the game and how things work, compared to when I played with 0 frame of reference.

It's more complicated than 5e, but I think it gets overstated. Basically character creation is more involved, so the barrier to entry is higher. That's the big difference for players. The extra control and customization is great. It just comes at a minor cost and whether that's worth it is going to vary from person to person.

For DMs, 5e streamlined the process to a significant degree. The biggest pain in the ass is that Advantage and Disadvantage don't exist, so you end up napkin mathing out how big of a bonus or penalty a roll should get. If your group is full of reasonable people, it's not an issue. If not, well...

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
It's more complicated than 5e, but I think it gets overstated. Basically character creation is more involved, so the barrier to entry is higher. That's the big difference for players. The extra control and customization is great. It just comes at a minor cost and whether that's worth it is going to vary from person to person.

For DMs, 5e streamlined the process to a significant degree. The biggest pain in the ass is that Advantage and Disadvantage don't exist, so you end up napkin mathing out how big of a bonus or penalty a roll should get. If your group is full of reasonable people, it's not an issue. If not, well...
I've had trouble adjusting to 5e, but I'm not much more than an adequate DM to begin with. 3e/3.5/Pathfinder, AD&D, D&D/OSRIC? I get all of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad