OT: 116th Obsequious Banter Thread: October is National Pizza Month

October is National Pizza Month. What is/are your favorite pizza topping(s)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I've had trouble adjusting to 5e, but I'm not much more than an adequate DM to begin with. 3e/3.5/Pathfinder, AD&D, D&D/OSRIC? I get all of those.

We completely skipped 4e, but I’m familiar with the same editions you are and my brain sounds like it works similarly to yours, so I do understand what you mean.

It’s just a hell of a lot easier not having to have things like Grapple charts. I don’t have to worry about how they’re going to recover HP or add a damn NPC healer. Monsters are scaleable out of the box. I don’t have to avoid using a monster because of immunities. I don’t have to make sure level appropriate magic weapons are available. And the big one for me personally is that combat takes less time. A lot less.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
We completely skipped 4e, but I’m familiar with the same editions you are and my brain sounds like it works similarly to yours, so I do understand what you mean.

It’s just a hell of a lot easier not having to have things like Grapple charts. I don’t have to worry about how they’re going to recover HP or add a damn NPC healer. Monsters are scaleable out of the box. I don’t have to avoid using a monster because of immunities. I don’t have to make sure level appropriate magic weapons are available. And the big one for me personally is that combat takes less time. A lot less.
I do agree, it seems much more streamlined. There are a few things that don't make sense to me, like the fact that numerous advantages/disadvantages are cancelled out by one of their opposite, and the lowered ability to customize. But it feels fine as a system.

In the end, I think all of the editions have their own feel and are all recommended depending on what the intended world feel is.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I know the words that you have said but I do not understand the context.

NoClip is a YouTube channel that does extremely high quality video game documentaries, complete with participation of the people important in making the games. Valve recently hired them to do the official 25 years of Half Life doc for example. They released an NHL94 doc today.

As for the other part, there’s a community of people who make the necessary updates to NHL94 every year. This also exists for other games like Tecmo Super Bowl and NCAA Football 14. So for example, I have NHL94 with 2023 rosters on my phone.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
so i put my change in a bucket and usually take it to a coinstar to dump it in and get a egift card from amazon..but now they have taken out of amazon off their list of ecards...so my choices are steam or gamestop lol

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
so i put my change in a bucket and usually take it to a coinstar to dump it in and get a egift card from amazon..but now they have taken out of amazon off their list of ecards...so my choices are steam or gamestop lol
No cash option?
There’s gotta be a coin machine at your bank.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The problem is I'm not a good brainstormer so I need to have my thinking cap on today

The second you’re done with this year, start a file on your phone. Every time she mentions liking something throughout the year, put it in the file. It doesn’t matter how big or small or whether you think you want to get it. Then you have actual starting points in quantity.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The second you’re done with this year, start a file on your phone. Every time she mentions liking something throughout the year, put it in the file. It doesn’t matter how big or small or whether you think you want to get it. Then you have actual starting points in quantity.
Anytime anyone mentions something you make a note. It's how I get a decent idea for everyone on my list.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Oh don't worry, Girl is no problem! I actually do this on Wonderlist and have a 5-6 item list atm. Also useful for birthdays.

The issue is everyone else lol. Especially now that I don't live with my parents or brother

• Love
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I do this massively stupid thing where I immediately buy The Thing, then Birthday/Christmas roll around and there's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad