GDT: Game 4: Bruins @ Leafs | HNIC | Justice League Edition | Sat Apr 27, 8 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Bertuzzi is beating everyone by a fair bit in giveaways...

View attachment 860684

Everyone else has 1 or less.

A lot of "tough" guys on this list.
I'd love to know how much time he's had the puck. He's been alright inbetween the hashmarks for us, but I've hated most of his board play and puck decisions this series

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Maybe the issue is our idiot coach has most of our young players constantly worrying about making mistakes and ending up in the press box? Keefe doesn't give ANY young guys the rope he gives the vets when it comes to breakdowns and errors. I keep seeing articles complaining about the Leafs being unable to develop young guys since Babcock; consider maybe it's because we have a coach who seems to be actively hostile to playing young guys in a way that allows them to develop?
Feels like Knies has made a lot of mistakes this series and we're keeping Robby in over a vet tonight to play him out of an ideal spot, but it's definitely tough to watch Lilj make consistent unforced errors at critical times. We also have Sandin a lot of rope with defensive mistakes

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Maybe the issue is our idiot coach has most of our young players constantly worrying about making mistakes and ending up in the press box? Keefe doesn't give ANY young guys the rope he gives the vets when it comes to breakdowns and errors. I keep seeing articles complaining about the Leafs being unable to develop young guys since Babcock; consider maybe it's because we have a coach who seems to be actively hostile to playing young guys in a way that allows them to develop?
Now that I think of it, aside from maybe 34 and 88, has any player showed significant improvement under Keefe's coaching?

Reactions: Bluebear

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Would like to see the bigger body Knies on the 4th line. He played with a purpose when he was out there later in the season. Robertson, I guess, gives you chances on low minutes. Either way it’s big to get Nylander back to be able to debate who plays where. To Robertson’s credit, he has been showing a lot of jump and jam. Not afraid to get physical either.

Hoping for the best tonight, expecting the worst.
Sammy is prone to a bad goal, Matthews ill, Nylander’s first game back. It would be nice to score early and often and not have a nail biter again. Although every playoff game seems like a nail biter.

Just win boys. Just friggin win.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Feels like Knies has made a lot of mistakes this series and we're keeping Robby in over a vet tonight to play him out of an ideal spot, but it's definitely tough to watch Lilj make consistent unforced errors at critical times. We also have Sandin a lot of rope with defensive mistakes
Imagine paying Sandin 4.6M right now.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Intercourse The Bruins.
da3aa7c263232bb374b4dc7ec09f8b07.gif

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
These clowns better not be risking Nylander's health to save their jobs.
He better be up to the task, the Bruins aren’t going to take it easy on him, that’s for damn sure. If he doesn’t finish the game you know it was a mistake……..

and likely knows what the word bias means
It’s not lost on me that some poster’s name’s are the exact opposite of what they are, he’s not alone……….

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I almost don't care. Florida would be waiting in the 2nd round and they will dust us with ease. But another series win will be just enough to bring Keefe and the whole gang back for another season. So where is the incentive to care? *sigh

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I almost don't care. Florida would be waiting in the 2nd round and they will dust us with ease. But another series win will be just enough to bring Keefe and the whole gang back for another season. So where is the incentive to care? *sigh
Nah, they need a deep run to keep Keefe IMO. It may buy a core player an extra year but that's about it

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Would like to see the bigger body Knies on the 4th line. He played with a purpose when he was out there later in the season. Robertson, I guess, gives you chances on low minutes. Either way it’s big to get Nylander back to be able to debate who plays where. To Robertson’s credit, he has been showing a lot of jump and jam. Not afraid to get physical either.

Hoping for the best tonight, expecting the worst.
Sammy is prone to a bad goal, Matthews ill, Nylander’s first game back. It would be nice to score early and often and not have a nail biter again. Although every playoff game seems like a nail biter.

Just win boys. Just friggin win.

I would hope Matthews isn’t still sick. This is 3 days later how long are these guys sick for?

Reactions: crump

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

The team has the very same attitude! Like why do they even bother if the reward is more playoff hockey...

Everyone told them, that once you get past the first round, you'll smoke them all, but they found out it's just more grinding in the second round...

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The team has the very same attitude! Like why do they even bother if the reward is more playoff hockey...

Everyone told them, that once you get past the first round, you'll smoke them all, but they found out it's just more grinding in the second round...

I mean, it just sucks as a fan knowing what is waiting in the 2nd round if they do win. I hope the players don't think the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad