What's your lucky or favorite number?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Is it illegal to live year round in antarctica? I mean its a dumb idea, its super cold and you would probably have a tough time...i find it odd that not one smacked ass lunatic out there isn't scrambling to be the first ful time resident/citizen of Antarctica and claim land and start a government...i understand theres a group of countries/treaties that kind of outline specifics about Antarctica and what you can/cant do...but ive never understood why someone in the entire history of the planet...hasn't dropped a deuce on a spot of land in Antarctica, claimed it and then announced themselves the ruler....

Yes, i understand it is a continent, but what is stopping someone from setting up a country, naming themelves president and claiming the whole damn area...
There's the Antarctic treaty, which sets aside the continent as a scientific preserve. Now, I don't know what would happen if a non-signatory party would move in there, or an individual, but that's why no country is doing more with it.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Took my car into the shop thinking i needed a part for my catalytic converter and maybe brakes, then they hit me with a Timing Chain Replacement with a bunch of other parts required for it before they even look at the Cat Converter and the brakes are fine...

$2400 quoted for the timing chain then the guys call me back, by the way, it's another $1900 for the cat converter...

Let me just pull that out of my ass.

Paid off 2015 Gmc Terrain with 65,000 miles on it...this is some straight up bullshit

Whoa what the f***? Timing chain should last 80k-100k miles. Either something with the car is f***y or you gotta burn the place down.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's the Antarctic treaty, which sets aside the continent as a scientific preserve. Now, I don't know what would happen if a non-signatory party would move in there, or an individual, but that's why no country is doing more with it.
There is a claim by Argentina that includes civilian settlements, but I think they are officially military scientists or something. There is also an unclaimed portion on the pacific side of the continent.

Reactions: Danko

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Okay okay okay, let's calm down here guys. It was my idea, I call dibs. Now, if you want to join the army, I'll have plenty of funding after this Mega Millions/Powerball ticket comes through. I'll gladly cut a slice off for you guys though.

Reactions: trostol

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Brother, I get not everything is for everyone, but that's the most popular fiction author to ever live. :laugh:

Dan Brown is some of the most unreadable slop ever put to page, but even I have to admit people care.
I mean I get it, but no one in 10th grade wants to read a Shakespare book, well maybe not everyone, but I'd say the number of those wanted to is a lot smaller than those not wanting to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad