OT: 114th Obsequious Banter Thread: One fortnight and counting

What's your lucky or favorite number?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Your arrival day is my bday and I have the whole week off. Watch out, Bernie and I might drop in! Jk we will be up in goats rocks WA

Edit: I’ll get into specifics when I get a chance to get at a map but as I mentioned, Charleston would be a great spot to hit on the way down from the airport to get oysters. A bit off of the main road but a cool sleepy harbor. Port orford has an emerald Green Bay unlike anywhere on the coast. The state park just south, Humbug has a cool hike/beach. Might be a little far though... can’t exactly remember. Bandon state park is really cool also and right by the golf. I stayed in the hiker/biker there and explored the park, really beautiful
I just peaked at a couple of the small restaurants in Charleston...what a mistake that was...damn it looks delicious

Reactions: PDX Flyer

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I just peaked at a couple of the small restaurants in Charleston...what a mistake that was...damn it looks delicious
Ha! I just picked the one on the dock with an oyster shell pile the size of a house next to it! So good . The back road from Charleston to Bandon is seven devils road. VERY scenic and shouldn’t be too far with a car. The seven is for the hills so on a bike was a little longer

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Took my car into the shop thinking i needed a part for my catalytic converter and maybe brakes, then they hit me with a Timing Chain Replacement with a bunch of other parts required for it before they even look at the Cat Converter and the brakes are fine...

$2400 quoted for the timing chain then the guys call me back, by the way, it's another $1900 for the cat converter...

Let me just pull that out of my ass.

Paid off 2015 Gmc Terrain with 65,000 miles on it...this is some straight up bullshit

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ha! I just picked the one on the dock with an oyster shell pile the size of a house next to it! So good . The back road from Charleston to Bandon is seven devils road. VERY scenic and shouldn’t be too far with a car. The seven is for the hills so on a bike was a little longer
I saw that road that snakes down there through Charleston instead of the 101. I think we're getting a shuttle from the airport to Bandon, so unfortunately we'll be at the mercy of them. Since we'll have most of the day, maybe I'll Uber up that way.

I don't know if you're into the lettuce, but I was looking at the one shop near Bandon and the prices are insanely cheap for everything. Ounces for $35 😂, 1g pre rolls for $2, 100mg gummies for $6. Crazy town

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I saw that road that snakes down there through Charleston instead of the 101. I think we're getting a shuttle from the airport to Bandon, so unfortunately we'll be at the mercy of them. Since we'll have most of the day, maybe I'll Uber up that way.

I don't know if you're into the lettuce, but I was looking at the one shop near Bandon and the prices are insanely cheap for everything. Ounces for $35 😂, 1g pre rolls for $2, 100mg gummies for $6. Crazy town
Welcome to Oregon. You can get those deals in Portland as well

Reactions: Cody Webster

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Winning Time is back on Max. 1st episode of season 2 was great. Hell of a show.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Is it illegal to live year round in antarctica? I mean its a dumb idea, its super cold and you would probably have a tough time...i find it odd that not one smacked ass lunatic out there isn't scrambling to be the first ful time resident/citizen of Antarctica and claim land and start a government...i understand theres a group of countries/treaties that kind of outline specifics about Antarctica and what you can/cant do...but ive never understood why someone in the entire history of the planet...hasn't dropped a deuce on a spot of land in Antarctica, claimed it and then announced themselves the ruler....

Yes, i understand it is a continent, but what is stopping someone from setting up a country, naming themelves president and claiming the whole damn area...

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Is it illegal to live year round in antarctica? I mean its a dumb idea, its super cold and you would probably have a tough time...i find it odd that not one smacked ass lunatic out there isn't scrambling to be the first ful time resident/citizen of Antarctica and claim land and start a government...i understand theres a group of countries/treaties that kind of outline specifics about Antarctica and what you can/cant do...but ive never understood why someone in the entire history of the planet...hasn't dropped a deuce on a spot of land in Antarctica, claimed it and then announced themselves the ruler....

Yes, i understand it is a continent, but what is stopping someone from setting up a country, naming themelves president and claiming the whole damn area...

The Emperor Penguin

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

Logistics

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Steps to Antarctic domination:

1. Win Mega Millions
2. Start a Tik Tok
3. Learn what Tik Tok is
4. Gain Followers
5. Ask them to join the Antarctic Army
6. Use my millions to charter flights to Antarctica
7. Gloves
8. Beer Plane
9. Make a Flag
10. Ignore anyone who knocks on the door of my frozen double wide. Igloo.
11. Start a Government

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Just looked at my Friends List on Facebook. I was scrolling through and can't remember whole swaths of them. I don't add friends recklessly and I have almost 500 requests which I have not accepted, so I'm not a friend "collector."

Who are these people? (In heavy Seinfeld voice)

Steps to Antarctic domination:

1. Win Mega Millions
2. Start a Tik Tok
3. Learn what Tik Tok is
4. Gain Followers
5. Ask them to join the Antarctic Army
6. Use my millions to charter flights to Antarctica
7. Gloves
8. Beer Plane
9. Make a Flag
10. Ignore anyone who knocks on the door of my frozen double wide. Igloo.
11. Start a Government

Need to wedge lifetime supply of toilet paper in that Top-10 somewhere.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I'm now what I would consider in expert in Antarctic matters now after using Chat GPT for the last 10 minutes and it appears that my rival Norway laid claim to some Antarctic land in 2015...update...that was a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad