• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Warning, cuteness overload

Elephants are the f***ing best. Far superior to humans in every way imaginable.

4132e300539d893a8bd94110287fd463

giphy.gif

That sign has more taste than everything on Subway's menu.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

That sign has more taste than everything on Subway's menu.
But didn't you see the news? Subway this past week rolled out MEAT SLICERS to actually slice your meat* 'fresh' for each sub!

*meat not including rotisserie chicken, steak, or any cheese.
(Also locations may just slice everything in the morning so you're not actually getting it at time of sandwich making)

I'm sure this will completely change how everyone views Subway sandwiches! /s

The craziest thing about Subway is how it pops up in Korean TV shows as product placement and you have super wealthy millionaire CEOs eating Subway sandwiches in them.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
But didn't you see the news? Subway this past week rolled out MEAT SLICERS to actually slice your meat* 'fresh' for each sub!

*meat not including rotisserie chicken, steak, or any cheese.
(Also locations may just slice everything in the morning so you're not actually getting it at time of sandwich making)

I'm sure this will completely change how everyone views Subway sandwiches! /s

The craziest thing about Subway is how it pops up in Korean TV shows as product placement and you have super wealthy millionaire CEOs eating Subway sandwiches in them.

True, but I see billionaires eating Thai food that I bought from a dirty woman with a dirty cart on a dirty street for the equivalent of $1.25.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Except for those people who work for that rescue organization. They are truly doing the Lord's work and I say that despite not having a religous bone in my body.

Mwana is quite the little athlete! Before retiring for the night, she plays a game of ‘milk bottle football’ with Sora, one of the Keepers who raised her mother. Murera, meanwhile, gets to enjoy a little rest.
Mwana stands out as our most unique ‘grandchild.’ Over the years, we have met 55 calves born to orphaned elephants we rescued, raised, and reintegrated back into the wild. However, none have been quite like Mwana. Her mother, Murera, came to us with grievous, human-inflicted injuries that will affect her for the rest of her life. For this reason, Murera prefers to remain close to home, leaning on her Keepers for the support and security that help her thrive. While she and Mwana spend their days roaming freely, Murera chooses to return to her stockade each night, knowing it protects them from any boisterous antics that might put her and her daughter at risk.

Thus, her baby is an elephant of two worlds. Mwana was conceived with a wild bull and has an entirely wild future ahead of her, but she also enjoys a wonderful connection with her human-orphan family at Umani.
* Mwana has a particularly special connection to Sora: While Murera took to motherhood right away, she initially wouldn’t allow Mwana to nurse. (We aren’t exactly sure why.) For 11 days and 11 nights, Sora and another Keeper named Evans milked Murera, then bottle-fed Mwana, sustaining the newborn until Murera’s nursing instincts kicked in. While Murera now feeds her baby herself, Mwana still feels very connected to her Keepers!

Last edited:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
When I lived in Maine I had blueberries and blackberries in my yard. Gifts from the gods. I actually have a small, kind of homely looking blueberry bush here and it’s producing some ok looking berries but it’s in a very busy garden and I think it needs to be moved somewhere where it has more room to express itself. Also some strawberries around the yard but they’re tiny.
I had blueberry cake for desert when we went out for the clambake at Cabbage Island on Saturday. Was awesome. Tried to find it in a store or something later and no dice.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Is Threads a potential Twitter replacement? That would be sweet since i'm perma-banned from that hellscape Twitter.
Potentially maybe but not now. You can follow specific accounts and with a little work you can navigate through the app (on your phone only, no functioning website yet) to someone's account and see what they've posted. But mostly you see what the app's algorithm thinks you want to see, which is probably not what you want to see. I signed up yesterday but it's basically useless right now.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Fixed my dryer with a $5 part off amazon, stopped working altogether recently after starting to overheat. I ended up finding that it was likely the thermal fuse, so i bought one off amazon and popped it in...the dryer started working again. Ran it for a few minutes and noticed it was still running hot, so decided to try and clear the lint trap, removed the whole lint tube from the dryer then cleared the duct work...broke my brush off about 10 feet into it, so ran my plumbing auger to get that out.

Still running hot, checked the dryer fan and found my kids bubble jar caught in the fan. Removed it, found my wifes necklaces and jewelry on the way out. Ran the dryer and good to go

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Fixed my dryer with a $5 part off amazon, stopped working altogether recently after starting to overheat. I ended up finding that it was likely the thermal fuse, so i bought one off amazon and popped it in...the dryer started working again. Ran it for a few minutes and noticed it was still running hot, so decided to try and clear the lint trap, removed the whole lint tube from the dryer then cleared the duct work...broke my brush off about 10 feet into it, so ran my plumbing auger to get that out.

Still running hot, checked the dryer fan and found my kids bubble jar caught in the fan. Removed it, found my wifes necklaces and jewelry on the way out. Ran the dryer and good to go

Lol good lord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad