10th annual "Official Habs Board Mock Draft" 2016 edition (Part 2) - COMPLETE!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
:sharks:sharks:sharks

With pick #170 the San Jose Sharks select from the Janesville Jets of the NAHL G Jack LaFontaine

LaFontaine-640x424.jpg

GM says "He's big and handles the puck well so has the basics for the modern game. Battles hard and plays an aggressive style but needs some good coaching to refine his technique. Was top goalie in his league and will take a year in the USHL before joining the U of Michigan Wolverines"

next GM PMed

Thanks for stealing my annual Wolverines pick....:cry:

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

~~~:isles:isles:isles~~~

The NY Islanders are proud to select with the 171st pick, from the Kitchener Rangers, Connor Bunnaman

An energizer bunny. Hard working guy with good smarts and decent hands. Plays hard-nosed and drives the net.
Can play all fwd positions. Should develop into the ultimate utility bottom 6 guy if he adds another gear.

GM PMed.

Nice pick at this point. Reminds me somewhat of Nick Paul in his draft year..the skating comes he'll be a decent player.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
There's a kid who missed a lot of games that should have been selected by now...may be picked in the third round of the NHL draft.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
Ok well, the Flyers do have a lot of goalie prospects and even signed Alex Lyon from Yale last month. Still I think you have to go BPA and it's good to have prospects of different ages. With Fitzpatrick and now Connor Ingram, we think we have maybe the top 2 goalies this year.

In case you missed it, the pick is Connor Ingram from Kamloops

Dec 2, 2010
In case you missed it, the pick is Connor Ingram from Kamloops
Wow. I thought for sure I'd get Ingram in a couple of picks so I took Bunnaman! ****!

Ingram had an amazing season considering the pile of burnt garbage that played in front of him. He was the only one doing anything productive on that Blazers team.

@Grant, thanks. Yea he definitely plays like Paul did with NB. Unfortunately I don't think Bunny has the hands that Paul has.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Wow. I thought for sure I'd get Ingram in a couple of picks so I took Bunnaman! ****!

Ingram had an amazing season considering the pile of burnt garbage that played in front of him. He was the only one doing anything productive on that Blazers team.

@Grant, thanks. Yea he definitely plays like Paul did with NB. Unfortunately I don't think Bunny has the hands that Paul has.

No...Paul is a better prospect in that sense..but similar size, smarts and work ethic. He'll go before Ingram in the draft I would think...

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
With the 169th pick, Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to select, from the ZSC Lions in the NLA, Pius Suter. (will provide a writeup later)

Next GM PMed.
I already picked him!

last year (I still feel the same about him.. but I don't like drafting the same player two years in a row lol)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
I already picked him!

last year (I still feel the same about him.. but I don't like drafting the same player two years in a row lol)

Damn I was wondering, did the whole list again to be sure (before I saw your 'invisible' text hahaha)

But yeah I understand what you mean, at the same time, why not pick again a skilled little bugger, even if he's an overager ? ;)

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
FYI, I didn't PM Hoto until this morning, plus he has 2 picks, so I'm thinking he shouldn't be skipped unless he doesn't show up for the whole day

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
:panthers:panthers:panthers

With the 174th overall pick the Florida Panthers are pleased to select from EC Bad Tolz forward Tobias Eder.

20150818-tobias-eder-gepa.jpg

What's most impressive about Tobias is his hockey IQ. He thinks the game well and has shown good offensive awareness. Tobias was loaned from his youth club to Germany's third tier league and put up good numbers playing against men. He may not do one thing exceptionally well but he has a good all-around game and it's easy to project him as an NHLer at some point in the future.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
:panthers:panthers:panthers

With the 175th overall pick the Florida Panthers are pleased to select from VIK Vasteras HK defenseman Kristians Rubins.

rubins.jpg

Kristians is a Latvian-born defenseman playing for Sweden's Vasteras junior team. At 6'4", 216lbs, he's already man-sized and now just needs to work on honing his skills with the puck. He defends well and uses his stick and his body well. He may never turn into an offensive wizard but he can certainly hold his own defensively.

Next GM PM'd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad