10th annual "Official Habs Board Mock Draft" 2016 edition (Part 2) - COMPLETE!

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
ty, i liked him at U18's, outperformed his age group in Swedish leagues aswell.

from my 5th round pick onwards there wern't a ton of guys in the CHL that i've seen play (all the quality and sleeper picks were scooped up, drafting has been solid), so i've been picking international players even tho i dont have a huge sample size on them (mostly only from the U17's/U18's/U19's/Hlinka).

That

Aug 25, 2012
Toronto
:flames:flames:flames

With the 165th overall pick, the Calgary Flames select Domenic Commisso!

Commisso had a strong second half in his OHL rookie season. He's skilled forward with great hands and a crafty playmaking ability. Although he's on the smaller side, he's a competitor who routinely wins battles. He will have to improve his skating, but I believe he has solid long-term upside.

Next GM has been PM'd.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Good pick. And I PM'ed Petry Dish.

Thanks, WS!

Especially as our Commissioner is talking about retiring and who knows how well run it will be next year.

Unless I have a last second change of heart, this will indeed be the final year I "run" the mock draft. We're a bunch of regulars and many have been participating for years so it's kind of a group effort to run this thing anyways. All I pretty much do is update the OP, and even that I guess I've been slacking lately. It's getting tough with work, since I don't really have access to the site from there. And if I do it's for only a few minutes on my phone. I try to update as soon as I can though when I get home around 4.

I'm sure the draft will be in good hands next year. There's a long list of posters in this mock that I think would do a great job running it. And maybe I'll still want to participate as a GM if whoever is running it will grant me a spot. :D

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Like I previously said, I'm down to take over if HF18 steps down for sure. I've been hosting the Wrestling Draft for two years now FWIW.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
With pick 167, Nashville picks center Colin Grannary of the BCHL's Merritt Centennials.

The commit of the University of Nebraska Omaha Mavericks and Team West MVP during the Canadian Junior Hockey League Prospects Game has a very high skill level with the puck and plays a smart offensive game.

Next PM will be PMed in a minute

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Oh, and I'll take it foxygen just lost interest? He has posted since he went MIA with the draft, and never came back here to post why he missed 2 straight picks. It's fine if you don't want to participate anymore, but at least let me know.

And that's why we ask new members if they are sure they are in it for the long haul, because we have a large amount of people trying to get in every year (thread posting and through PM) and I always feel bad turning some down especially when a new member ends up bailing on us anyways. Not trying to sound like a jerk but it feels like a waste of a spot when it could have went to someone who would have been more dedicated to the mock.

So I just ask, if there are those who are reading this thread who want a spot next year if there are any available, PLEASE make sure you know you'll remain active and finish the draft with us. I get that things come up, and sometimes not everyone will be able to finish a draft. But at least let us know what's up if you can.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
yea thats a bit odd because foxygen is a pretty active poster in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft thread..

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I moved today and am having my Internet installed tomorrow morning so if 174 and 175 come around soon just give me a bit of time...especially since a bunch of my short list just went. I'll try to check in on mobile too.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
With pick 167, Nashville picks center Colin Grannary of the BCHL's Merritt Centennials.

The commit of the University of Nebraska Omaha Mavericks and Team West MVP during the Canadian Junior Hockey League Prospects Game has a very high skill level with the puck and plays a smart offensive game.

Next PM will be PMed in a minute

Damnit. Top rated guy of mine left.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
With the 168th pick, :flyers pick, from the Hamilton Bulldogs, forward Matt Luff
“Undrafted last year, Luff found a bit of the offense he had at the midget level and led the Bulldogs in scoring this year. A 6’2” forward who is at his best in puck protection and around the net, Luff finished the season strongly, notching 17 goals and 14 assists in his last 19 games, including 9 games of 2 points or more. That more than made up for his slow start and leads us to believe he may still have untapped offensive potential that he hasn’t shown at the OHL level yet.”

Sorry for the delay, can't send pm right now too

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
:bolts:bolts:bolts

With the 169th pick, Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to select, from the ZSC Lions in the NLA, Pius Suter.

rvs_6666.jpg

Offensive center that plays a sound all-around game. Never gives up on the play and possesses a versatile set of individual skills. Has a goal scorer's mindset, but is dependable at both ends of the ice; can contribute in a number of different ways. Though he isn't the biggest player, that is nullified due to his willingness to battle against bigger players. (eliteprospects)

Next GM PMed.

Last edited:

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
:sharks:sharks:sharks

With pick #170 the San Jose Sharks select from the Janesville Jets of the NAHL G Jack LaFontaine

LaFontaine-640x424.jpg

GM says "He's big and handles the puck well so has the basics for the modern game. Battles hard and plays an aggressive style but needs some good coaching to refine his technique. Was top goalie in his league and will take a year in the USHL before joining the U of Michigan Wolverines"

next GM PMed

Dec 2, 2010

~~~:isles:isles:isles~~~

The NY Islanders are proud to select with the 171st pick, from the Kitchener Rangers, Connor Bunnaman

kr_74_connor_bunnaman_ep.jpg

An energizer bunny. Hard working guy with good smarts and decent hands. Plays hard-nosed and drives the net.
Can play all fwd positions. Should develop into the ultimate utility bottom 6 guy if he adds another gear.

GM PMed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad