Post-Game Talk: 10-13-1. "A bunch of donkeys on skates"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
I think in honor of Adam Oates, he should commit a full day of practice to crisp passing. Be it slap passes if need be. Anyone that attempts to pass without putting muscle into it, has to go do push ups. Wearing a skirt.

We clearly need passing drill work, making and catching crisp passes. Its a 2 way street.

Riberio and Erskine can run the drills. Screw all the other boring crap they do every practice.

I realized the other day, maybe we do not attempt to pass with authority because no one can catch said passes. So perhaps that why slow passes remain our norm.

Next up on drill work, how to clear the crease. Erskine and Brouwer can run those drills.
Works for me. The basic stuff still seems to be a mess with this team. Watching the O's in spring training I can tell they've been hammered with fundamentals. They're 100 times better than two years ago. IMO, the Caps need the same thing. They really just need to get better at executing the simple things.

Green is a complete joke at this point. The dude is made of glass.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
***updated***

So the conventional thought process coming into the season was teams needed 54 points or so to make the playoffs. (92 in 82games, 54 in 48games)

By that logic, Caps would need 35 points in their last 27 games. Do we really see this flawed team doing that?

15-7-5 would get 35pts. Think about that.

This team can only lose 7 or so more games this year in regulation to make the playoffs. If its 55 or 56 points to get there, then that becomes even harder.

That was crazy. Fehr just parked himself squarely in the top 6. Leave him with 19 (and 20 when he returns). He won the game on his own the last 10minutes.

Bruins are arguably the top team in the East, Caps spotted them a 3 spot, and still won the game. Huge for momentum versus a FLA team that is struggling next.

GREAT GAME:yo:

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
That was crazy. Fehr just parked himself squarely in the top 6. Leave him with 19 (and 20 when he returns). He won the game on his own the last 10minutes.

Bruins are arguably the top team in the East, Caps spotted them a 3 spot, and still won the game. Huge for momentum versus a FLA team that is struggling next.

GREAT GAME:yo:

He's healthy and unlike the BB era, he's been given a top 6 role with top 6 minutes.....I'm just glad it's happening now and not when he was with the Jets

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
He's healthy and unlike the BB era, he's been given a top 6 role with top 6 minutes.....I'm just glad it's happening now and not when he was with the Jets
Hell, he is playing on the PK and doing a damn good job so far. He has been doing some great stick work.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Like someone's brought up, its Fehr's willingess to be physical that is refreshing. He was timid in the past, perhaps because of his injuries. He's balls to the wall right now. Its great. If anyone on this team is Semin's replacement, its him.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
Also, if everyone in the East wins all their games in hand (and assuming they all did it in regulation or overtime, i.e. not in shootouts), I believe Caps are tied for 9th with Winnipeg, technically ahead of them actually because of goal differential, 2 points behind 8th.

I believe it'd be:

Boston 39
Montreal 34
Pittsburgh 32
Carolina 31
Toronto 30
Rangers 30
Ottawa 30
New Jersey 27
-------------------
Caps 25
Winnipeg 25
Philadelphia 24
Islanders 24
Tampa 23
Florida 21
Buffalo 20

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
They're, what, 7-3 in the last 10. Gotta give Oates some props. Even OV is finding the net a ton lately. And I mean that literally.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
They're, what, 7-3 in the last 10. Gotta give Oates some props. Even OV is finding the net a ton lately. And I mean that literally.

Yes, this is true. Oates is bringing it along. We certainly need more talent, but they do have the Cap space for it, especially with Laich and Green on IR, and Hamrlik waived. Thats 14m to add to their already owned 6m.

Go and spend it for Eff's sakes Ted!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am sure George is trying, but the asks are too high. When the worst GM team comes a calling, they have no leverage.

"Ted, I just inked that great new prospect; we are making moves"

Maybe added a couple years to appease Ted, who wants to see some splash, or conviction.

I am sure George is thrilled Oleksy showed well last night.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
George is most definitely patting himself on the back for Fehr, Kundratek and Oleksy moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad