Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
***updated***

So the conventional thought process coming into the season was teams needed 54 points or so to make the playoffs. (92 in 82games, 54 in 48games)

By that logic, Caps would need 33 points in their last 25 games. Do we really see this flawed team doing that?

14-6-5 would get 33pts. Think about that.

This team can only lose 6 or so more games this year in regulation to make the playoffs. If its 55 or 56 points to get there, then that becomes even harder.

Season is over guys.

Leonsis will come out and say "We are obviously very disappointed, as we expected to make a long run in the playoffs. The Lock Out was especially damaging for us, as we didnt get a chance to gel and learn the new systems. George and I were just talking about that....we really didnt have a chance this year. I now expect us to play competitive, playoff style hockey the rest of the way, and we will have good momentum for next season. At least, that's what George thinks should happen"

Blah Blah Blah.

Even the most rose coloured Pollyanna's cant think the Caps can make the playoffs. Caps dont have an RG3 on the roster to spark a remarkable resurrection.

And YES mods, the end of the season does deserve its own thread.:help:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO from the Left Coast.

Last edited by a moderator:

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Don't worry, we have the cats twice coming up, that should get us back on track.

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
Season is not done if we can win 8 straight and turn back to .500 hockey. That will never be done though because we're ranked 25th in the league for goals against other teams.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
i'll admit, i've had my fill. i dont have time for this crap. somebody send me a pm when they can get their head back above water.

SpringfieldSkins

Jan 28, 2010
Springfield, VA
Nah, the season isn't over yet. We have 48 more games of mediocrity ahead of us!

But yeah. The season is over. This team simultaneously needs to start learning how to score goals as well as prevent them from being scored on us. Good luck with that.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Until they're eliminated it's not over. If this was 20 games in, I might agree at least...but this team has the talent to turn it around. However if Ovechkin can't revive his career, they're done.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
I predict the turn around will start when we beat the cats twice in a row... Book it.

breakawaygoal

Dec 29, 2011
breakawaygoal.blogspot.com
Until they're eliminated it's not over. If this was 20 games in, I might agree at least...but this team has the talent to turn it around. However if Ovechkin can't revive his career, they're done.

We're 20% through the season, and there are 6 teams between us and a playoff spot, all of which have played fewer games. Regardless of whether or not we could turn things around and squeak into the playoffs, how does doing so benefit the Caps in any way?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
We're 20% through the season, and there are 6 teams between us and a playoff spot, all of which have played fewer games. Regardless of whether or not we could turn things around and squeak into the playoffs, how does doing so benefit the Caps in any way?

The goal is to at least make the playoffs every year. Anyone has a punchers chance once you're in.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
As far as making the playoffs go, yes. I think it is. They're still only four points back but I really don't see the necessary backbone or resiliency. Fundamentally they're just not a good hockey team. On top of that they're a walk in the park to play against and the hardest part of their schedule is yet to come.

They do have a lot of time off this month to ramp up their systems execution in practice but color me skeptical on this group even being capable of doing that. I don't see the horses up front and even if they did that would only put them on par with where respectable hockey teams already are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino