GDT: 1/17/16 "Space Oddity" - Panthers VS Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Hey Flo Bros hell of a game tonight. I'm not rubbing salt... I'm swinging by to ask a serious question. WTF was Gallant doing? I mean as far as I can see he's a good coach but you guys had us trapped for like 15 seconds and as soon as we bust out Lou is heading to the bench.... again. WTF?

We are trying to work it ourselves.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Not sure the pirri hate.. effort is good consistently this year and he shoots the puck which noone wanted to do outside first period.. he's done nothing to warrant benching.. barkov line was invisible tonight..
- terrible d-zone coverage on a shift-to-shift basis
- his skating is at a Kopecky level
- can't/won't win any 1on1 battles
- doesn't seem to fit with anyone on this current roster

vektorious

Nov 19, 2009
We desperately need to make a trade ASAP for some offense. Package Pirri and some picks for someone who can do more than just shoot. He is so one dimensional and when he isn't scoring he isn't providing anything for this team. We have had all the puck luck in the world that last 20 games and the last few we haven't gotten any of the bounces AT ALL. I don't see the same effort either. If this play continues and we lose tomorrow something absolutely needs to be done. I think we are truly seeing how valuable Ekblad is to this team. The rushes up the ice just haven't been there the last few games. He also is great and keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

The timing on pulling the goalie was just horrible. We should have pulled when we had possession in the offensive zone. Just very frustrating all around. I truly believe we need to add a scoring winger to be able to get this team through the second half. We can't afford to collapse now and miss the playoffs. It truly can happen if we become a sub 500 team in the second half. I know I am hitting the panic button wayyyyy to early and I have just become used to winning and putting up more goals. I really hope Ekblad comes back and we go back to being the team we were on the 12 game winning streak.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Can't blame for the effort but he just isn't very good player if he isn't scoring... which he isn't. Slow and soft, doesn't really fit the fast pace the Panthers are trying to play.

but most don't want him traded? I don't get it....he's easily the biggest whipping boy other than Bolland. He at least needs a game or two off to get things together.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

He cant even get the puck deep, he cant go around a guy, he cant do anything except one time the ******* puck which he succeeds at 3% of the time.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007

I don't mind the risk of dressing Pirri. It's a risk-reward thing for a team that lacks goal scorers. What really bothers me is his tendency to return passes back to the d-men when his poor skating shows on simple break out plays.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I really want to like Pirri and he was awesome when he first got here, dangerous offensively on every shift. Now the other teams have him figured out and he doesn't get the same opportunities anymore.

When an offensive player isn't scoring or contributing to creating scoring chances for that matter, that said player needs to sit. We're better off playing someone with more energy from Portland.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
Hey Flo Bros hell of a game tonight. I'm not rubbing salt... I'm swinging by to ask a serious question. WTF was Gallant doing? I mean as far as I can see he's a good coach but you guys had us trapped for like 15 seconds and as soon as we bust out Lou is heading to the bench.... again. WTF?

Your guess is as good as mine.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

D zone coverage is miles ahead of where it was last year.. he battles fine but that's not his strength and it's fine to have a player or two on your roster like that... he is 5th on our team in goals and creates offense from 3rd line with a revolving door of players...

EstConf96*

Why would Pirri be in any possible way untouchable? I don't know how anyone would think that... if he can't be traded then no one can.

All Panthers players or prospects are untouchable for some posters (except Bolland). Unless we do highway robbery or turn mediocre into gold we aint trading.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I hope Mike Kelly gets sacked after this season and they bring in someone that actually knows what the **** they're doing with the PP. Someone that takes 45 games to do drastic changes when the PP has clearly been broken since the beginning of the season (+ even dating back to last season), shouldn't be coaching at the NHL level.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Why would Pirri be in any possible way untouchable? I don't know how anyone would think that... if he can't be traded then no one can.

Hes in charge of the team radio... hes the only one with enough character to press buttons good.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can we borrow some PP plays from your coaches? I hope we both make playoffs, it'd be the first time since 96.

You'd be screwing yourself. Our PP is one of the worst in the league. Trust me you don't want none of that. Wish it only on your worst enemy. If we swapped power plays the Lightning would be 1st place in the division by 10 points.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
You'd be screwing yourself. Our PP is one of the worst in the league. Trust me you don't want none of that. Wish it only on your worst enemy. If we swapped power plays the Lightning would be 1st place in the division by 10 points.

Before tonight, the Panthers powerplay was 27th in the league. Tampa's was slightly above the middle of the pack.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I hope Mike Kelly gets sacked after this season and they bring in someone that actually knows what the **** they're doing with the PP. Someone that takes 45 games to do drastic changes when the PP has clearly been broken since the beginning of the season (+ even dating back to last season), shouldn't be coaching at the NHL level.

New coach won't make a kick of difference.. until we get dmen that can get the puck through it won't change... pp is fine when we shoot and get traffic... look at oikers... they took Sanjose pp coach and their pp stinks cause of incapable dmen

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Wouldn't be the 1st time:naughty:. You guys are 15th right now, we're 27th. I will take it anyday.

Curious though, what's your honest opinion of the Stamkos situation. You think he's staying or going?

EstConf96*

New coach won't make a kick of difference.. until we get dmen that can get the puck through it won't change... pp is fine when we shoot and get traffic... look at oikers... they took Sanjose pp coach and their pp stinks cause of incapable dmen

These dmen you talk about do they grow on trees? Or can we get another top 3 dmen for a lame prospect + bad pick?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Before tonight, the Panthers powerplay was 27th in the league. Tampa's is slightly above the middle of the pack.

Must've saw the stats incorrectly. I thought I saw 6th ranked PP. If that were the case for us the point of being 10 points ahead stands. Our damn PP has been holding us back for years. This must mean you guys are having a year like we did last year. Great 5 vs 5 play with great goaltending and poor power play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00