World's Wild dudes

Who do you think scores most points of the Wild players?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Zuke scratched again today, I'm guessing the coach is sick and tired of the endless turnovers and no scoring on his part. After all, he is old and tired and can't keep up with the young players in this tournament.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Boldy 2+1, 6 shots, +4, 17.49 TOI voted Player of the game

Johansson 1 goal, 4 shots, +1, 16.34 TOI
Brodin 1 assist, 4 shots, +1, 17.30 TOI
Ek 3 shots, 19.15 TOI
Gus on the bench

Rossi 1 shot, 23.40 TOI Austria beats Finland with 0.2 seconds left on the clock!

Zuke scratched.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuke scratched again today, I'm guessing the coach is sick and tired of the endless turnovers and no scoring on his part. After all, he is old and tired and can't keep up with the young players in this tournament.

He's an elite playmaker, and that's why he has 4 points in 3 games there. The coach actually jumped on a plane to the US when the Wild got eliminated, begged him to join the national team.

So this is Zucc's decision, he's going to play the games they need to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
He's an elite playmaker, and that's why he has 4 points in 3 games there. The coach actually jumped on a plane to the US when the Wild got eliminated, begged him to join the national team.

So this is Zucc's decision, he's going to play the games they need to win.
Wait....so basically he only plays when he wants to play?

Alrighty.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
So the coach needs to beg on his knees in front of Zuke, a phone call won't do, and the condition to come and play is that Zuke can pick and choose whenever he feels like playing?
Preferably against the weaker nations so he can pad his stats with secondary assists?

Got it.

3 of his 4 assists is secondary so far.

My favorite is the one where he carries the puck over the blue line, leaves it on the ice to another player and then skates behind the goal (not in front, providing a screen) and then the puck hits the net when Zuke isn't even looking.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Wait....so basically he only plays when he wants to play?

Alrighty.

Emilio Pettersen who was traded to Dallas just arrived. Zucc wants the kids to play, but he'll try to help them avoid relegation. Looking pretty good.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Johansson promoted to the top line with Ek and Kempe, had a dominant performance today.
Scored a shortie and had 2 very nice assists, one of them to Ek, the other to Brodin. Gus was in the net.

Johansson 1+2, 2 shots, +3, 13.33 TOI
EK 1 goal, 4 shots, +2, 15.53 TOI
Brodin 1 goal, 4 shots, +1, 17.27 TOI

Gus 21 saves, .913%

Johansson is now second in tournament scoring with 9 points in 5 games, Josi leading with 10
He also is +10, best in the tournament and has not been on the ice for a goal against yet.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Johansson promoted to the top line with Ek and Kempe, had a dominant performance today.
Scored a shortie and had 2 very nice assists, one of them to Ek, the other to Brodin. Gus was in the net.

Johansson 1+2, 2 shots, +3, 13.33 TOI
EK 1 goal, 4 shots, +2, 15.53 TOI
Brodin 1 goal, 4 shots, +1, 17.27 TOI

Gus 21 saves, .913%

Johansson is now second in tournament scoring with 9 points in 5 games, Josi leading with 10
He also is +10, best in the tournament and has not been on the ice for a goal against yet.

Sounds like Johansson is playing for that signature Guerin premature July 1st multi year extension

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Sounds like Johansson is playing for that signature Guerin premature July 1st multi year extension
Please, no.
So where was that all season, MoJo?
I'm guessing it's easier to play with Hedman and Karlsson than Merrill and Goligoski.
The bigger ice is to his advantage and also not the greatest opponents.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So, can we trade for Brady Tkachuk since he has chemistry with Boldy? He would be such a nice player to have…

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Funny stuff with Gus Bus. Apparently, he likes to be called Fillifjonken.
Use the translate function for some lols.

I'm not interested in "funny" Gus until he starts stopping shots, and a lot for them, for us again.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Boldy and his line popping off again, 1G 1A through one and he has been the ice for all 4 US goals. Had a real pretty zone entry play, play by play team raving about him all tournament. The disparity in effectiveness between him and Caufield/Zegras is very obvious at this point.

Boldy looks like a star at this event. I think he is punching his ticket to the 4 Nations and making a very strong case for Olympic consideration. Edit to add, the intermission analysts basically just said this same statement.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Rossi had 3 assists and a "take that, mentor!" in a 4-1 win over Zucc and Norway. Zucc with an assist on the goal for Norway.

Austria has a decent shot at advancing from group stages, assuming they can beat GBR and Finland loses to Switzerland.

Boldy with 6 points in the game midway through the 3rd, currently leads the tournament in points. Completely imposing his will.

Don't forget Caufield being -1 in a 10-1 win. Who knew Kazakhstan was the ultimate test that settles the Boldy vs Caufield debate for good.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TaLoN and 57special

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Against Kazakhstan lmao.

Rossi had 3 assists and a "take that, mentor!" in a 4-1 win over Zucc and Norway. Zucc with an assist on the goal for Norway.
Still have to execute at a high level, which he very much did. This whole tournament he has been excellent and his line's chance generation is absurd. Fun highlights for him here, and this is missing two of his best plays that didn't score. The assist on goal number 10 has Guerin beaming right now I bet.

They have highlights for the Austria game too, looks like it was a more competitive match and Zucc leaves frustrated.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zucc's back hurts, and he also has groin issues. His comment: I'm getting old :laugh:

Oh dear...and he has two years left with the Wild. Hopefully summer will get him fixed.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Boldy 2+4, 10 shots, +4, 13.18 TOI

Rossi 3 assists, 1 shot, +3, 15.32 TOI

Zuke 1 ass, -2, 20.23 TOI

Boldy runs straight up top the tournament scoring with 12 points in 6 games. Remains to be seen if his linemates Ek and MoJo can answer in tomorrow's game vs France.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Fiala ejected for kneeing Cozens, 5 and a game and likely sitting for longer. Had a goal on the PP in period one. Swiss up 2-1 atm, but Major PP on the board for Canada.

• Wow

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So lets see how Wild players are doing over there, (games played) and points..

Eriksson Ek...what's up?
But I think Sweden will take the trophy, best team this year.

Boldy (6) - 12
Johansson (5) - 9
Rossi (6) - 6
Zuccarello (4) - 5
Eriksson Ek (5) - 4

Brodin - 2
Gustavsson - 1

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Zucc's back hurts, and he also has groin issues. His comment: I'm getting old :laugh:

Oh dear...and he has two years left with the Wild. Hopefully summer will get him fixed.
I thought he just wanted the kids to play…

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Zuke 1 assist, 4 shots, 23.28 TOI

Ek 3 shots, 19.32 TOI
Brodin 4 shots, +1, 19.46 TOI

Filifjonken on the bench

Johansson scratched.. no, I mean he just wanted the kids to play.
Felix Unger Sörum played on the first line instead, so Johansson could mentor some random people somewhere on how to comb their hair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad