Post-Game Talk: 1-0-0 record in the post-Ladd era: 6-3 Jets

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
If the emergence of Armia isn't just a streak and we are seeing the true, then we definitely won the trade with Buffalo, regardless of how Lemieux and Roslovic turn out.

#ArmiaOfOne

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
"Passing of the torch" has been said. There is truth to this. The direction and roster moves TNSE is making says to the youth, "this is your team". We succeed or fail on your effort. You are not outsiders trying to find a place here. This is yours. Make it happen.

Interesting place for guys like Wheeler. He can lament the past. Or embrace (and lead) the future.

Derfel*

"Passing of the torch" has been said. There is truth to this. The direction and roster moves TNSE is making says to the youth, "this is your team". We succeed or fail on your effort. You are not outsiders trying to find a place here. This is yours. Make it happen.

Interesting place for guys like Wheeler. He can lament the past. Or embrace (and lead) the future.

I had a really witty idea for a response to this, and went searching, and just couldn't pass this up... :laugh:

c2a44c3228735d411df2a46769de77ba.jpg

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Hope I'm not the only one who finds it kind of lame to use Flander's Field in a pro-sports context. That tattoo is lame.

The Canadian government just commissioned a commemorative toonie to mark John McCrae's contribution to our history and culture. I gave a roll of them to my kids at Christmas. It is very sad that fewer and fewer understand the significance of the poem, written by a Canadian physician on the front lines.

Composed at the battlefront on May 3, 1915, during the second battle of Ypres, Belgium
On May 2, 1915, John McCrae’s close friend and former student Alexis Helmer was killed by a German shell. That evening, in the absence of a Chaplain, John McCrae recited from memory a few passages from the Church of England’s “Order of the Burial of the Deadâ€.
The next day, May 3, 1915, Sergeant-Major Cyril Allinson was delivering mail. McCrae was sitting at the back of an ambulance parked near the dressing station beside the YserCanal, just a few hundred yards north of Ypres, Belgium.
As John McCrae was writing his In Flanders Fields poem, Allinson silently watched and later recalled, “His face was very tired but calm as he wrote. He looked around from time to time, his eyes straying to Helmer's grave."

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Hope I'm not the only one who finds it kind of lame to use Flander's Field in a pro-sports context. That tattoo is lame.

I assume you're not aware of the connection, then? It has been used by the Canadiens organization since somewhere around 1950, and was actually painted on the wall in the Habs dressing room in the Forum. The dressing room wall and attached stalls are on display in the HHOF.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

Disagree. This is a most excellent tattoo (the concept, the actual artwork could be nicer, it's a little sloppy).

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Also, does anyone have a clip of Buff smashing Roussell?? I can't seem to find one anywhere. A link would be much appreciated.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Also, does anyone have a clip of Buff smashing Roussell?? I can't seem to find one anywhere. A link would be much appreciated.

that was awesome, I thought to myself that on a night that Ladd left that it wouldn't take much to set off Buff or Wheeler and Roussell was stupid enough to push his buttons.

Derfel*

I imagine a "dog yelping" sort of noise accompanies the last half of that GIF.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I assume you're not aware of the connection, then? It has been used by the Canadiens organization since somewhere around 1950, and was actually painted on the wall in the Habs dressing room in the Forum. The dressing room wall and attached stalls are on display in the HHOF.

Habs forever! Albeit derives from ww1 poem I'm glad these words are kept alive.

Refs saving Roussel's life.
Pretty much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad