Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I-see.gif

Yes... really...

Po' was not so poetic as lamen'tic...

post-34715-Jim-Carrey--Oh-Come-On-gif-WgEv.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
LOL Maurice saying sarcastically in his interview : "I guess I've used the word process a couple of times in the room" :laugh: He must read this board

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
You can't win with youth alone.
Why do you think the real contenders pick up vets at TDL. The good teams would prefer keeping more vets except the salary cap stops them.

How's that young team with all those top picks doing? What ... they're picking #1 again.

Because they're the ones that are on ending contracts, and not locked up long-term on cheap ones. Deadline sellers aren't going to sell whatever prospects they have and give the buying team a massive advantage the year after.

I think this team turned the page tonight. The youth movement is real, the momentum is there, and there's nowhere to go but up.

204*

i like wheelers post game comment when asked if he was happy for the chance ladd has to win now. " hell no! the selfish part of me still wishes he was sitting beside me." love it

for people who say ladd was to quiet and seemd cocky during interviews that was his front for media. its clear that room looked up to him and respected the hell out of him.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Yes, soon we'll be at the next level!

Oilers level!

pessimist

Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

pes·si·mism
(pĕs′ə-mĭz′əm)
n.
1. A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view: "We have seen too much defeatism, too much pessimism, too much of a negative approach" (Margo Jones).

2. The doctrine or belief that this is the worst of all possible worlds and that all things ultimately tend toward evil.

3. The doctrine or belief that the evil in the world outweighs the good.

:shakehead

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
pessimist

Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

pes·si·mism
(pĕs′ə-mĭz′əm)
n.
1. A tendency to stress the negative or unfavorable or to take the gloomiest possible view: "We have seen too much defeatism, too much pessimism, too much of a negative approach" (Margo Jones).

2. The doctrine or belief that this is the worst of all possible worlds and that all things ultimately tend toward evil.

3. The doctrine or belief that the evil in the world outweighs the good.

4. The fact the Oilers have been relieving themselves of players, scouts and players
with the urgency of a drunken sailor

:shakehead

:sarcasm:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-post-Wild-300x171.png

Topics: On the game. Did the guys get the win for Ladd? Players who play at Ladd’s level. On the level of emotion from the players on Ladd leaving this team. On what Ladd has taught the young players on the team. Where does this leave this team in terms of winning now and long term? On winning with the youth of this team. Armia’s goal. Any thoughts on Marko Dano coming into the lineup?

To listen click here.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Future looks good. Youngsters getting it done tonight , we get another prospect and Kyle Connor continues to impress with 2 more goals down in college.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Because they're the ones that are on ending contracts, and not locked up long-term on cheap ones. Deadline sellers aren't going to sell whatever prospects they have and give the buying team a massive advantage the year after.

I think this team turned the page tonight. The youth movement is real, the momentum is there, and there's nowhere to go but up.
I agree, I am looking forward to what's going to happen in the coming years - there might be another rough year directly ahead of us, though. There may be another infusion of incredibly young players. However, perhaps Helle can play well enough to stop the bleeding.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Jets win!

Oilers are playing their best game in about 3 years right now. They are doing it with young D-men.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Tank can wait a game, I am happy with this victory. Scheifele, Ehlers and Armia beasting.

I haven't enjoyed a game this much since last year.

Armia has started to put up the points everyone predicted. I take back all the negative/skeptical comments I made about him.

I think the emotion of losing Ladd helped them win this game so it would be fair to call it the team's tribute to Ladd.

We saw the end of an era today and the passing of the torch. We have some good young players. They are going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Loved the Buff Roussel running battle. :laugh:

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Entertaining one to watch. Armia had a hell of a game and is really coming into his own.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
What i liked about the game is they didn't fold the tent when the Stars tied the game, got pressure in the Stars zone on more than a few occasions, couple of nice plays and it's 5-3 and the Stars we done full marks to a 6-3 win.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Trouba has been playing really really good lately. Hope they don't trade him...

good game, good lookin young team we got here

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I haven't enjoyed a game this much since last year.

Armia has started to put up the points everyone predicted. I take back all the negative/skeptical comments I made about him.

I think the emotion of losing Ladd helped them win this game so it would be fair to call it the team's tribute to Ladd.

We saw the end of an era today and the passing of the torch. We have some good young players. They are going to be a lot of fun to watch.

Loved the Buff Roussel running battle. :laugh:

Cant watch anymore but I love this post!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Fun game to watch. I'm getting pretty anxious to get this season done with and get to the draft and next season already. This is going to be a looooooong few months...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Fun game to watch. I'm getting pretty anxious to get this season done with and get to the draft and next season already. This is going to be a looooooong few months...

The draft will get here soon enough. I will enjoy watching the rest of the season as the kids are put into new and more demanding roles. We will need these guys to keep taking steps forward because I think we will have another influx of youth again next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad