Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I’m really glad Nashville is gone, but Vegas winning a cup will stick with me on a deep level. Not saying I will care about hockey less, but seeing that fan base just walk in and celebrate a Stanley Cup is going to sting.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I’m really glad Nashville is gone, but Vegas winning a cup will stick with me on a deep level. Not saying I will care about hockey less, but seeing that fan base just walk in and celebrate a Stanley Cup is going to sting.
Blame the owners. They approved the expansion draft. I think Vegas paid $500M as a league fee. How much of that got distributed to the existing teams I don’t know. Obviously Vegas and the league negotiated a great start off package in how they got to pick players from other teams.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I was thinking that the Blues could have done the same when they were stood up in 1967. They were put in the expansion division and had an easy path to the finals for a number of years. Unfortunately, they had to play a good original team every time they made it to the finals. The situation in Vegas is different. They got access to some good players that were lost in existing rosters, but you can’t argue that good coaching, good talent scouting, and good work ethic are not also part of the story.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I have no problem with how the expansion was done as long as they keep the process the same for the next one.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
It's funny to think that reaves and perron are sniffing the cup after both were traded away.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Yeah I think other teams are gonna attempt to be smarter next time.

Let's say the NHL teams show more restraint next time and they don't make deals to save potential draft targets. Maybe Seattle loses out on some additional picks, etc., but still, they should have an excellent crop of players to choose from when it's their turn to draft.

The whole thing is, will they get their own Fleury? Vegas has been great this year but still, without Fleury, does it go this far? Seattle will have to find a shut down goalie to have any chance of making their own playoff run in their inaugural year.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Perron has one of the worst playoff performances a year ago and now him and Reaves are about to go to the Cup.

Does anyone have a single reason we all shouldn’t just begin rooting for a new team? Anyone?

Reactions: shpongle falls

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Reaves with the GWG to send the Knights to the Cup is the most unexpected goal scorer, at the same time it seems like the most Vegas style win ever, by doing the unexpected.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This series win really gives idea that Vegas are the real deal. Stanley Cup contender. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad