Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
If I recall correctly, we left Peron exposed in the expansion draft rather than Reaves because we had a deal lined up to send Reaves to Pitt that allowed to draft Kostin. Now they are both in Vegas playing for the Cup.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
If I recall correctly, we left Peron exposed in the expansion draft rather than Reaves because we had a deal lined up to send Reaves to Pitt that allowed to draft Kostin. Now they are both in Vegas playing for the Cup.
One of them will get the goal that wins Vegas the Cup, which would be a very Bluesy thing.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Fleury is 4 wins away from being a Hall of Famer. Whether he deserves to be a Hall of Famer or not, he'll get his name on a 4th Cup, he'll be one of a handful of goalies to start for 2 different Cup winning teams, he'll win the Conn Smythe and every single 'hockey person' adores him. No way he doesn't get in with that resume. This is arguably the greatest goaltending performance in playoff history, as his current SV% is the best ever (of goalies with 3 or more rounds played). What's crazy is that in 15 games he has only faced 33 fewer shots than Quick faced when he set the existing mark in 20 games played. Fleury is facing 33.6 shots per game while Quick faced 26.9 per game. It's absolutely insane what Fleury is doing and the eye test doesn't tell me that he is facing a bunch of low danger shots. I've never seen a team coast through the first 3 rounds while allowing this many shots.

I'm not trying to take away from the rest of the Vegas team, as they are playing very well. But swap goalies and I think the Jets are either up 3-2 in the series or would have won the series yesterday. Outside of Hellebuyck being remarkably average, I don't think the Jets got outplayed in that series. That absolutely shouldn't have been a 5 game series.

Reactions: Itsnotatrap

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Fleury played on many great pens teams, I would be shocked if the number of wins alone wasn't enough to get him there.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
would love to see a vegas v. tampa cup final

hopefully this washington biznaz is over tonight

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Seems the Blues are the plague. Oshie and Perron were both ghosts here, but are having great success with their new teams. Hell, even Reaves is sniffing the cup now.

Reactions: shmotz

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Meh ... maybe Washington, because they've never won it, and Ovi ... whatever. I have to admit, it is refreshing watching hockey with no emotional investment whatsoever. I am really enjoying watching good hockey and ultimately not caring who wins. It is an interesting perspective.

Reactions: CaliBlues710

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Capitals and Bolts going the full 7, in a surprisingly physical series. Vegas has got to be loving this...this path has unfolded about as well as it possibly could have, having only had to go 4, 6 & 5 games to advance to the Finals, and having each of their final two opponents going the distance in a grueling 7-game battle of attrition.

Regardless of who comes out of the East, Vegas will be ready and prevail in 5 at the most.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Meh ... maybe Washington, because they've never won it, and Ovi ... whatever. I have to admit, it is refreshing watching hockey with no emotional investment whatsoever. I am really enjoying watching good hockey and ultimately not caring who wins. It is an interesting perspective.

Only because you have never experienced watching hockey, caring about the outcome and not being terribly disappointed in the end.

Caring + eventual crushing disappointment << not caring <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Caring + Getting the desired outcome

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Fleury played on many great pens teams, I would be shocked if the number of wins alone wasn't enough to get him there.

I think he would have gotten the Osgood treatment without this run with Vegas (or few years of elite or borderline elite play with Vegas). The fact that he was wearing a ball cap for 2 of his 3 Cups with the Pens would have been a big argument against his total win count.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm jumping Caps bandwagon. Ovie deserves Cup and why not Oshie too.

tumblr_n34ne05szi1skgd7ao1_500.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I mean I’m happy for Reaves because I like the guy but he’s already produced more for Vegas in the playoffs than he did his entire tenure here.

This is just comical. Or sad. Not sure which.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
I miss Reaves so much. This series is going to be just as amazing as I thought it would be. I want Vegas to win but whoever wins I'll honestly be happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->