Half-Assed GDT: “We got left out of the party” amalgamated SCP thread

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
NHL Playoffs All-Time Goals per Game Leaders

He's only the 19th best playoff goal scorer in the sports history...

That’s great, but it doesn’t show that he doesn’t have another gear. Hull was proud of himself after his first season with the Blues, then he was surprised when he was told that he needed to step it up and fulfill his potential. Then, even after he scored 500+ goals and definitely fulfilled his offensive potential, he didn’t win a cup until he played a well-rounded game.

Look, Tarasenko is my favorite player, but it has been clear to me that he has another gear or two that he can hit. He’s a great player, but he can be even better; that’s it.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Woah, I didn’t say anything about trading anyone - just noting that some players (yes, Tarasenko included) need to hit another gear in the playoffs.
Didn't mean to imply you had. Was just using your comments as jumping off point to address larger issue and sentiment of many other Blues fans.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Oshie is really motional person. Always some Stanley Cup vids I've seen him he's crying. Love that, how open he's showing motions.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I am glad that overrated Vegas lost, but indifferent that the Capitals won. The Jets would have given the Caps much more trouble than Vegas imho.

Watching the playoffs without the Blues reminds me of the fortitude (along with the talent) as the pressure and intensity grows, that is required to win the Cup. Imho, the Blues constantly move talent pieces but continue to miss the mark on fortitude. Nobody in this organization (Yeo included) has the winning mojo that would power the team through 4 rounds like Ovechkin had this year. The Blues are still a long way away.

This has been a common criticism of Ovi for the last decade up until about a month ago. Hopefully Tarasenko figures it out at 32 like Ovi did...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad