Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So who is available,to facilitate them being agressive in the offseason????We have heard and length none of their top prospects are,so what do they seriously have to offer???

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Ryan Dzingel + Cody Ceci for Robby Fabbri and the Jets 1st ( this deal only works if the Jets go far in the playoffs ).

The Blues get a fast 20 goal scorer who is in his prime who is under contract for another year at a low price. They also shore up their RD position. Ceci would be great at #3 RD, and can move up to #2RD in a pinch.

The Sens get younger, and add another 1st round pick, which is ideal for a rebuilding team. It's risky for the Blue, because if Fabri comes back and breaks out, they traded him low. That said, young right shot D are tough to find, and a 20 goal scorer below 2M in cap hit is a nice add. Dzingel could easily improve his goal total with the Blues. This leaves the Sens a bit thin on RD, and Fabri is no sure thing after the injuries etc. That said, the Sens need to rebuild through the draft, and losing guys to get them is the only way to do that.

Not sure Blues are so willing to let Fabbri go though. He's a first round pick that looked like he was going to be a quality player before things got derailed. What do Blues fans think?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Ryan Dzingel + Cody Ceci for Robby Fabbri and the Jets 1st ( this deal only works if the Jets go far in the playoffs ).

The Blues get a fast 20 goal scorer who is in his prime who is under contract for another year at a low price. They also shore up their RD position. Ceci would be great at #3 RD, and can move up to #2RD in a pinch.

The Sens get younger, and add another 1st round pick, which is ideal for a rebuilding team. It's risky for the Blue, because if Fabri comes back and breaks out, they traded him low. That said, young right shot D are tough to find, and a 20 goal scorer below 2M in cap hit is a nice add. Dzingel could easily improve his goal total with the Blues. This leaves the Sens a bit thin on RD, and Fabri is no sure thing after the injuries etc. That said, the Sens need to rebuild through the draft, and losing guys to get them is the only way to do that.

Not sure Blues are so willing to let Fabbri go though. He's a first round pick that looked like he was going to be a quality player before things got derailed. What do Blues fans think?
Remove Ceci and Dzingel, add Hoffman and it's a very luke warm, "maybe."

As proposed it's a very easy and swift, "no thank you." We have no need for a #3 RHD, we actually have 2 of them as is. Dzingel is a fine player, but not a large improvement over what we already have.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Hoffman for Fabbri and a late 1st is your counter? I don't think the Sens go for that. Hoffman is a top line winger on a good contract. Fabbri is a nice piece, but not THAT nice. A late 1st round pick isn't enough to cover the difference, in my view.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Remove Ceci and Dzingel, add Hoffman and it's a very luke warm, "maybe."

As proposed it's a very easy and swift, "no thank you." We have no need for a #3 RHD, we actually have 2 of them as is. Dzingel is a fine player, but not a large improvement over what we already have.
Meh dont think the Sens would do this.....We dont need a low 1st,and as good as Fabbri looked he comes with too much risk....Its an over pay from us

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hoffman for Fabbri and a late 1st is your counter? I don't think the Sens go for that. Hoffman is a top line winger on a good contract. Fabbri is a nice piece, but not THAT nice. A late 1st round pick isn't enough to cover the difference, in my view.
We wouldnt do your 1st offer,A low first and a busted up young winger for a top 4 RHD and a cheap 20 goal man...No thanks

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016

Ceci costs too much to play 15 minutes, or less, a night on the third pairing. I can see the risk/reward for a Dzingel-Fabbri swap for both sides. I would just take the risk on Fabbri if I were the Blues.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
If Fabbri can bounce back healthy, then he is a younger top line RFA winger on an even better contract (most likely 1.5M). Obviously there is risk there, but that's what the 1st is for. Maybe there's a small add from St. Louis, but nothing huge. If that doesn't work for Ottawa, then no hard feelings, good luck with the offseason.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Once again you got offended. The prop Was bad. Never Defended it. You act like we started 30 threads over Gallagher. He had a great year great player. Would love him on my team. You called him a 30 goal scorer he only hit that feet once. I get it injuries ect, use whatever you want to justify your statement. Blues are looking to try and upgrade with out selling the farm. I understand you didnt say thomas, i never said you did. He was the focus of all the MTL TDL patches Drama were MTL fans posted about him every day. I used that in reference to the Harassment and also to state that their are a few prospects that are off the table. Thompson and Kostin are pretty much the top #3 and #4 of our prospects so if you are saying you want better prospects then you are talking about thomas and Kyrou. SO whom exactly are you wanting if trading Gallagher was an option? Answer that with out saying Thomas, Kyrou, (kostin, thompson, cause you said you didnt want them) Dunn, Parayko, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn, Husso.

Once again, you are personalising this for no reason. Your personal epithets are tiresome. It's no longer about Gallagher at this point. Who cares if you like him or not. You're totally taking this out of context. The worst part about this is that I totally concur that there was a handful of Hab fans who concocted ludicrous trade offers on this forum and I opposed them when I had the misfortune of having to read their hogwash and even asked who were these Hab posters who apparently had been doing this repeatedly. I have zero interest in being associated with these people, nor will I defend them.

Exaggerated offers made up to "pry" players from any team, whether they are made by Hab fans, Blues fans or whomever, should be called out and IMHO are best reserved for the more partisan context of a team's home forum. I've seen my share of similarly slanted takes on other teams' forums where it's just par for the course.

Some fan imagined scenarios are more abhorrent than others, I agree with that as well. But it wasn't my point to evoke a rating system to find out which fan or fanbase did it worse or was the worst offender, I only meant to call it out for what it is, nothing more.

I don't know if I should be asking you whether you're "offended" or whether we can move on. Enjoy your day.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Once again, you are personalising this for no reason. Your personal epithets are tiresome. It's no longer about Gallagher at this point. Who cares if you like him or not. You're totally taking this out of context. The worst part about this is that I totally concur that there was a handful of Hab fans who concocted ludicrous trade offers on this forum and I opposed them when I had the misfortune of having to read their hogwash and even asked who were these Hab posters who apparently had been doing this repeatedly. I have zero interest in being associated with these people, nor will I defend them.

Exaggerated offers made up to "pry" players from any team, whether they are made by Hab fans, Blues fans or whomever, should be called out and IMHO are best reserved for the more partisan context of a team's home forum. I've seen my share of similarly slanted takes on other teams' forums where it's just par for the course.

Some fan imagined scenarios are more abhorrent than others, I agree with that as well. But it wasn't my point to evoke a rating system to find out which fan or fanbase did it worse or was the worst offender, I only meant to call it out for what it is, nothing more.

I don't know if I should be asking you whether you're "offended" or whether we can move on. Enjoy your day.
Dude seriuosly I just complimented him and asked what you were lookinG for in terms out side the players you listed you didn't want and the playes we can't trade. So either answer the question or mover on. Don't need yout over analysis of the situation.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
So who is available,to facilitate them being agressive in the offseason????We have heard and length none of their top prospects are,so what do they seriously have to offer???

The Winnipeg 1st is most definitely in play, Armstrong views it as pure currency. I'm personally of the belief that as a result of the debacle this season turned into that he will be more willing to part with a top prospect not named Thomas.

So Thompson, Kostin and potentially even Kyrou could be had for the right player. I can assure you not all Blues fans will agree with me here on Kyrou but Armstrong was incredibly pissed about the way the season went so I think he's ready to go big and make another headline stealing trade at the draft.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

Fabbri would be tough to let go for Dzingel. His play/ceiling is better but how he comes back from the knee injury is up in the air, so in fairness, lets call that a wash (although I think Fabbri is/will be better). Thus, Cody Ceci for a 1st is the other part of the trade. The Blues are good on RHD as long as they aren't moving Parayko. Right now they have Petro, Parayko, Bortuzzo, and Schmaltz on the RHD. Where they are weak is on the left side, especially given the injuries to JBo and Gunnar. On the left, we have Eddy, who has shown he can carry #1 line minutes, and Dunn, who has rapidly progressing to the #4 spot in his rookie season. So Ceci really has not place on our roster unless we move a couple of RHD. That being said, I don't see Ceci being worth a 1st.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dude seriuosly I just complimented him and asked what you were lookinG for in terms out side the players you listed you didn't want and the playes we can't trade. So either answer the question or mover on. Don't need yout over analysis of the situation.

"Dude"', you're the one with the over-analysis. I was merely responding to points that you brought up or were inferred. I have no interest in debating this with you further, I thought I was clear. Thanks for nothing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
"Dude"', you're the one with the over-analysis. I was merely responding to points that you brought up or were inferred. I have no interest in debating this with you further, I thought I was clear. Thanks for nothing.
Your wasting your time

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I hope STL makes some big moves. I am always intrigued by what STL does every offseason and i always think they will have a massive season but then im dissapointed.. Its very bizzare.

Seems like every year i look forward to what STL and Dallas does, i get excited for the season and then am always dissapointed.

And again i am already pumped to see what they do again this offseason and already have high hopes for next year

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I hope STL makes some big moves. I am always intrigued by what STL does every offseason and i always think they will have a massive season but then im dissapointed.. Its very bizzare.

Seems like every year i look forward to what STL and Dallas does, i get excited for the season and then am always dissapointed.

And again i am already pumped to see what they do again this offseason and already have high hopes for next year

Join the club :laugh:

I think missing the playoffs this year is enough to light a fire under Armstrong. Not sure that will mean he's willing to part with Thomas or Kyrou but just about everyone/everything else should be on the table to bring in top 6 help and I think this will finally be the year we see some major moves made. But as usual, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

You get use to it

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
The Winnipeg 1st is most definitely in play, Armstrong views it as pure currency. I'm personally of the belief that as a result of the debacle this season turned into that he will be more willing to part with a top prospect not named Thomas.

So Thompson, Kostin and potentially even Kyrou could be had for the right player. I can assure you not all Blues fans will agree with me here on Kyrou but Armstrong was incredibly pissed about the way the season went so I think he's ready to go big and make another headline stealing trade at the draft.

I honestly think that a Hoffman for Kyrou+WPG 1ST (depending on where it is but it'll probably be over 25OA) is a legitimate possibility at the draft. Maybe some other pieces but it works very well for both teams IMO.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I honestly think that a Hoffman for Kyrou+WPG 1ST (depending on where it is but it'll probably be over 25OA) is a legitimate possibility at the draft. Maybe some other pieces but it works very well for both teams IMO.

Except it really doesn't make sense for the Blues. That deal made some sense at the deadline when the Blues were possibly looking to make a push for the playoffs and then their 7 game losing streak happened and they shipped out Stastny. Very unlikely the Blues would move Kyrou, who is basically everything this organization is looking for, for another LH LW who they'd get for one less "season."

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Kyrou most likely isn't on the table. He's a RHS RW, we have....him and that's it. Fabbri for Hoffman makes sense in the idea that Fabbri is a LHS LW/C as Hoffman is a LW. You can plug Hoffman in Fabbri's spot. I'm not trying to push Fabbri for Hoffman as I really dont want to see him traded at all but it's what makes sense from the Blues

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well we do also have Tage Thompson, but yeah, a 1st and Kyrou is definitely not happening for Hoffman. Soon to be 29 year old LW isn't even close to being worth that from us.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Well we do also have Tage Thompson, but yeah, a 1st and Kyrou is definitely not happening for Hoffman. Soon to be 29 year old LW isn't even close to being worth that from us.
28-9 yr old 4 time 20 goal scorer, one of the best on the market.
Atleast 1st+Fabbri. I'd do a conditional as well (based on playing 60+ games).

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad