Friedman: “Lots of expectation St. Louis will be an aggressive trade partner”

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I actually don't think Kadri for Parayko is all that outlandish. Kadri is on a steal of a contract. The Blues would definitely need another Top 4 RHD to make it work though. Can't go into next season with Petro / Bortuzzo / Schmaltz on the right side. Yikes.
So its a needs based thing? Fair enough.
Just to be clear, you don't think Parayko is worth a 30g defensive center and a top 4RHD, right?
If St. Louis added a nice piece, I'd add Zaitsev.

Both sides would have multiple pieces involved.

Fair enough.

I don't really know the Blues organization well, but what add would Blues fans (who are open to the discussion) add to Parayko to get Kadri + Zaitsev? Given the Leafs are starting to contend, I think it would have to be a useful piece.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't really know the Blues organization well, but what add would Blues fans (who are open to the discussion) add to Parayko to get Kadri + Zaitsev? Given the Leafs are starting to contend, I think it would have to be a useful piece.

What would you be looking for? I'm not sure how to properly value Zaitsev.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Sorry to bring things back to square one, but I don't want to trade Parayko, even if Zaitsev is added. Hard Pass on Kadri/Zaitsev for Parayko from me.

Reactions: Celtic Note

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Sorry to bring things back to square one, but I don't want to trade Parayko, even if Zaitsev is added. Hard Pass on Kadri/Zaitsev for Parayko from me.
Probably in the end, but it's a better discussion and something worth to consider. If we can upgrade our scoring and not significantly downgrade defensively, it's worth looking at.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Me either. Only his 2nd year in the league.
The Leafs need two main things;
1. Physical top-4 RHD
2. Defensive #3C (please don't say Lehtera lol)

If you need a center, then you are limited to Sobotka or Berglund, who are available for what it's worth.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013

I know this has been beaten to death, but if I'm trading Parayko to the Leafs (and he'd be a perfect fit there), it needs to be Marner coming back. I would be fine with the Blues adding a mid-level prospect or Sobotka type.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
What's St.Louis's cap situation?
Probably just going to back the Brinks truck up to JT and hope to run JT-Schenn, no?
If that happens, would a guy like JBo be a cap casualty?

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I know this has been beaten to death, but if I'm trading Parayko to the Leafs (and he'd be a perfect fit there), it needs to be Marner coming back. I would be fine with the Blues adding a mid-level prospect or Sobotka type.
I thought you wanted a center?
I would be VERY hesitant to mover Marner. He looks like the best player on a team featuring Matthews.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Probably just going to back the Brinks truck up to JT and hope to run JT-Schenn, no?

Tavares is definitely plan A, but probably won't happen.

We are in decent shape cap wise, but our cap casualty types should be available even if we don't land Tavares. JBo, Gunnar, Sobotka, and Berglund.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
100% YES. But it would be up to him if he wants to waive his NTC to go to the :leafs (which I think he would)

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Tavares is definitely plan A, but probably won't happen.

We are in decent shape cap wise, but our cap casualty types should be available even if we don't land Tavares. JBo, Gunnar, Sobotka, and Berglund.
JBo could be a savvy add for the Leafs in the summer.
Let's see how the JT situation shakes out and revisit it in the summer :laugh:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Probably in the end, but it's a better discussion and something worth to consider. If we can upgrade our scoring and not significantly downgrade defensively, it's worth looking at.
Oh I agree, Parayko is not untouchable. I also think it's great we can have intelligent conversations with Leaf fans without getting hysterical when Parayko's name is mentioned. I still think very, very highly of Colton, however, and I genuinely think we have yet to see his best play. I am also not that impressed with Kadri. He is an okay 2/3 C, but a trade like the one being discussed smacks of desperation to me. I mean, are we really that desperate for a C that we settle for Kadri, especially if Parayko is involved? I suggest we hang on to Parayko. He had a bit of a down season. There is no reason to panic yet.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I thought you wanted a center?
I would be VERY hesitant to mover Marner. He looks like the best player on a team featuring Matthews.
I would want Nylander and I could see the :blues adding in that situation. I see his situation a lot like Schenn's. Let him go at center and if it doesnt stick we have a great#2RW

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
100% YES. But it would be up to him if he wants to waive his NTC to go to the :leafs (which I think he would)
I am not sure of that. JBo is a pretty quiet guy, who doesn't seem to like the limelight. Heck, he looks uncomfortable just being interviewed. I am not sure he would appreciate the intense Toronto media.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I would want Nylander and I could see the :blues adding in that situation. I see his situation a lot like Schenn's. Let him go at center and if it doesnt stick we have a great#2RW

If all the big defensive names re-up with their teams (Carlson/Karlsson/Doughty) I think Parayko would be one of the few young players in the league that the Leafs would at least discuss for Nylander.
Obviously adding via UFA would be the preferred route, though.

Reactions: BangarangxRufio

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I am not sure of that. JBo is a pretty quiet guy, who doesn't seem to like the limelight. Heck, he looks uncomfortable just being interviewed. I am not sure he would appreciate the intense Toronto media.
idk. 1 year in Toronto to see if he wants to stay around? I could see him doing that. If its too much, walk and go to FA. Bu i can see why he wouldn't as well

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
What would you be looking for? I'm not sure how to properly value Zaitsev.
Have you seen Zaitsev play defense? Have you seen his contract? No f***ing thank you.

Parayko + for Kadri + Zaitsev would be awful for the Blues IMO.

Reactions: Starat327

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4