GDT: ‘Nucks host Nashville- “To Catch a Predator “ + ‘Nucks Play Strong Edition- Sat. 7pm PT/ 10pm ET/ Sun. 4am CET/ 11am HKT

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
We already went back and forth on this but my feeling is the fans and what they choose to do after paying hundreds of dollars on tickets should.be the LAST thing we're looking at. Why are we even talking about it? How about hold the team and the organization accountable for this crap?!?
i hate the people directly hands on the wheel responsible but have my disdain too for those indirectly so

Reactions: Jay26

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
At one end a goalie throws up a wall and stops absolutely everything and our end a fragile group gets completely rattled once again because our goalie is garbage and cant make a save
I think people are harsh on the third goal. A very close in chance with small rebound followed by the guy kicking it to his stick to put in the rebound. The defensive pairing is far more to blame than Demko on that. Yes he got outplayed but lack of finish was just as big of a problem along with deciding to coast for the final 30 minutes.

At some point Demko needs to win the goaltending battle (he did in Seattle…his only win), but this team also needs to actually be able to get some wins when the goaltenders don’t win that battle. It’s not all on Demko that’s for sure. Plenty of massive warts on this team.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Team played about as good a game as you can hope to play through 40 minutes. Shots 30-12. Could've been 5-1 without Saros. Then a seeing-eye shot floats in and cue the collapse. Team is just broken in these situatons.

Team is clearly capable of playing good hockey and have badly outplayed 3 of their last 4 opponents at ES but keep finding ways to lose.

- Bo Horvat was the best player on the ice for either team. Massive in the faceoff circle, tilted the ice. Worked his tail off, just a terrific performance. Miller was good for 40 minutes ... and then just completely stopped skating in the 3rd period.

- Hoglander has just lost his talent. Has gone from a guy who tried Michigans with regularity to someone who doesn't do anything but chip and chase.

- Kuzmenko and Mikheyev both scored but this was the weakest game for the Pettersson line in a while.

- Dries played really well and was probably unlucky not to score. 6 SOG. Hustles on every play and gets in positions to put pucks on net.

- Garland continues to struggle. Just feels like a guy who won't be here a year from now.

- Studnicka continues to work hard. Problem is that we traded for him to help at C and he's just another fungible bottom-6 winger from the looks of it.

- 21 very solid minutes for Bear. Is he already our top RHD?

- Hughes was very good, especially through 40 minutes. Skating much better than the first few games of the season.

- Stillman. Jesus Christ. This guy sucks. At the end of the 2nd he randomly spent an entire shift on the wrong side of the ice. Brutal on the 3-3 goal. Iced the puck on a delayed offside shortly after than leading to an extended shift in our zone. Was finally benched by Boudreau after the last play. Should be on the next bus to Abbotsford. Playing this guy over better options has already cost the team 2-3 points in the standings.

- Demko was the 2nd best goalie for the 9th time in 9 starts this season.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
This defense is a tire fire, time to bench Stillman and make use of boroughs/Rathbone

I mean, Stillman has given us jack f***ing shit

At least Bear looks decent. No complaints. However, this team needs a #1 RHD ASAP. Then somehow Myers ends up in the 3rd pairing, that's a huge cap problem. Still better than him being a top 4 on ice problem.

If Dermott can play decently OEL Myers could end up being the 3rd pairing
You could see this coming.They sat back and let the Preds win it.Lack that killer instinct.
Myers and Stillman,need to hit the press box asap...

They might as well just keep attacking, they can't defend any lead. At least 8-5 is a victory

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
That was really just all on Demko.

You can say it was the classic 3rd for the Nucks, but it really wasn't. Preds didn't have much of anything. Sure there are some Dmen dressed that shouldn't be, but the Nucks had 44 shots, many high danger. Heck JT had THREE breakaways alone. When soft goals don't go in, the whole team looks, and feels better. It's absolutely demoralizing. This isn't a new problem, we all remember the Luongo era, and that was with a 1st seed team.

It's not realistic to expect them to finish the game like the 1st period, with 50 shots for, 12 against. There will be chances, and pressure against, vs any team, it's still the NHL.

We aren't even getting AHL level goaltending. Sub 900 doesn't get you a winning, or even 500 team, regardless of roster.

Yes Stillman was brutal too, but that can't be the difference in such a lopsided effort.

Reactions: sting101

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
i hate the people directly hands on the wheel responsible but have my disdain too for those indirectly so
As do I. Stop buying tickets. Stop going to games. Stop buying merchandise.
The only way this team will ever change course from the “make the playoffs and anything can happen” mentality is if Aquilini starts losing vast amounts of money.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The only way this team will ever change course from the “make the playoffs and anything can happen” mentality is if Aquilini starts losing vast amounts of money.
absolutely

the last two games i went to were sedins final home game, and the Benning was fired celebration game

before that, lu returning as a panther

Reactions: Kevinsane

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Somewhat morbid but I suspect it's more related to 90 year old Luigi's remaining lifespan than how much money they lose. Benning tanked the franchise value and still stayed forever.

Reactions: Kevinsane

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Canucks lose ground on the following tonight:

Preds (obviously)
Seattle
Kings
Avs
One of Ducks and Sharks
Coyotes
Stars
Knights
Jets

The fail to gain on:
Flames
One of ducks or sharks

They gain a point on the Oilers and Hawks!

Not the night for an ugly loss.

Edit: Ducks win in SO

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Somewhat morbid but I suspect it's more related to 90 year old Luigi's remaining lifespan than how much money they lose. Benning tanked the franchise value and still stayed forever.
Good point. I loathe them all. Slumlords, abusive parents, and plantation level farm owners.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
What's funny is that I remember during that bubble year that we were like ALWAYS the team that came back in the 3rd. What the f*** happened?
I don't think we'll ever know. Maybe if one of the players or someone from the Benning regime writes a book or something.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Just ran through a speedrun of the game since I was at Abby for the night

Stillman may actually be the most useless defender we have iced on a regular basis in the last decade. On a team that regularly trotted out Del Zotto, Pouliot, Sbisa, and Gudbranson. Can't believe Rathbone and Burroughs are sitting for him right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad