GDT: ‘Nucks host Nashville- “To Catch a Predator “ + ‘Nucks Play Strong Edition- Sat. 7pm PT/ 10pm ET/ Sun. 4am CET/ 11am HKT

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This defense is a tire fire, time to bench Stillman and make use of boroughs/Rathbone

I mean, Stillman has given us jack f***ing shit

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
That was a classic 2022-23 Canucks blown lead.

2e5jfq.jpg

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
The sad part is the Canucks were the better team for the vast majority of the game - it's that absolute mental fragility that continues to break at the sign of any pressure. Can't believe just how lackadaisical this team looks going into the third or giving up a goal. It's like it's a core part of their identity and that warrants these guys going to a sports psychologist immediately.

Management surely has seen enough, right?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Another crushingly disappointing result for a team that specializes in crushing disappointments. Some random observations:

Another game where Demko was the second best goalie on the night, and it wasn't particularly close.

Any team that can't kill penalties (57 percent) and coughs up 3-0 and 2-0 leads consistently isn't really going anywhere.

Part of this result is on Boudreau, who insists on playing Stillman. He's not even as good as Juulsen and Brisebois who are playing in Abbotsford. So the coach got what he deserved.

Another tire-fire night for Myers. I counted four give-aways on the same shift. The guy is an anchor out there.

Now it's on the road......and if this is the best their defense can do, it's going to be a long trip.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
We blew a 3-0 lead. Again. Our PK got scored on again.

How the f*** is nobody fired ? lol. This team is absolute shit. Absolute.

Because we just hired the GM/president who thought that defensme and defensive forward groups were good enough. Aqua ain't firing them within a year, he's way too cheap

Reactions: Kevinsane

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
The sad part is the Canucks were the better team for the vast majority of the game - it's that absolute mental fragility that continues to break at the sign of any pressure. Can't believe just how lackadaisical this team looks going into the third or giving up a goal. It's like it's a core part of their identity and that warrants these guys going to a sports psychologist immediately.

Management surely has seen enough, right?
I think it warrants just pulling the plug on this group. Keep the core from the 2017 draft and on (Pettersson, Hughes, Podkolzin etc.) but look at trading Horvat/Boeser/Miller and others (not all of them necessarily, but from that's the pool of players we should be selecting trade bait from).

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
Aquilini desperately wants his name on the Stanley Cup so he’ll be validated as a great hockey mind. A builder. He’ll go all in every year on the tired and misguided belief that if the Canucks can somehow squeak in to the playoffs “anything can happen”.
Bruce is a lame duck coach who is trying to win games and have a job elsewhere next year. The last thing he gives a shit about is developing rookies. The players know this. There’ll be a new coach next year and they’re playing like they’re awaiting his arrival.
Combined, it’s a recipe for a disaster of a season.

BimJenning

Feb 17, 2008
Vancouver
Stillman with another nightmare game. I have no idea why the guy is still playing when he'd clear waivers, and have no cap in the minors, especially with Burroughs just sitting there. The team is struggling, and minor lineup choices like this cost you. I thought Ekman-Larson looked weak as well.

Overall, the Pettersson line looked pretty good again and held possession well, but I'm still not sold Mikheyev is a good fit on that line, he seemed to kill momentum.

Demko just doesn't have it still. Making mental mistakes, and simply not good enough.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
You could see this coming.They sat back and let the Preds win it.Lack that killer instinct.
Myers and Stillman,need to hit the press box asap...
At one end a goalie throws up a wall and stops absolutely everything and our end a fragile group gets completely rattled once again because our goalie is garbage and cant make a save

Reactions: Numba9

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Looking at the numbers on Naturalstattrick the ES scoring chances were very similar. Both teams with slightly more than 2 expected goals. In all situations Canucks with a decided edge in high danger chances.

But in general far too many scoring chances allowed by both teams. As usual the Preds chances concentrated right in front of the net. Canucks are brutal down low.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Hughes Bear
OEL Burroughs
Rathbone/Dermott Schenn
Myers
Stillman

Pearson benched.

If the team has any accountability, all of Stillman, Myers, and Pearson need to be benched. If the defensemen cannot make a clean pass or play with awareness in the D zone and neutral zone, they just shouldn't play.

Props to Bear for looking good. He's had a hell of a journey.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
I kind of think it’s a bad look to be doing it while you’re 3-8, no?
We already went back and forth on this but my feeling is the fans and what they choose to do after paying hundreds of dollars on tickets should.be the LAST thing we're looking at. Why are we even talking about it? How about hold the team and the organization accountable for this crap?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad