GDT: ‘Nucks host Nashville- “To Catch a Predator “ + ‘Nucks Play Strong Edition- Sat. 7pm PT/ 10pm ET/ Sun. 4am CET/ 11am HKT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
This was a game we should and could have won. We’ve outplayed the opposition in the majority of our games so far. I think we can turn this around and wtf is with Miller? It seemed to me that he threw in the towel in the third. I saw him literally standing still when he should have had his feet moving. His play is so erratic and mentally fragile.

Reactions: David71

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
As do I. Stop buying tickets. Stop going to games. Stop buying merchandise.
The only way this team will ever change course from the “make the playoffs and anything can happen” mentality is if Aquilini starts losing vast amounts of money.

That's all well and good for people on this forum, but the vast majority of Canuck fans don't come here, and don't think that way.

They'll still keep buying jerseys, keep going to games. Meanwhile, there's a ton of non-Canucks hockey going on that no one goes too.

Vancouver Giants games are sparsely attended. BCHL games are really low. Hell, the U17 World Hockey Challenge is going on in the Lower Mainland and absolutely no one knows about it.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I feel for the die-hards of this team.

I decided to detach myself emotionally from this team after the first road trip of the season but still hit refresh on nhl.com (while watching YouTube condensed versions of the games that we win).

Cheer up Canucks fans. We'll be good again one day. Might not be today or tomorrow, but even teams like the Oilers, Canes, etc., etc. were all god awful once upon a time and now have elite teams.

It's cyclical.

For tomorrow, we got the BC Lions vs. Stamps Western Finals. I encourage those to go watch. :cool:

I’ll watch NFL tomorrow, no offense to the CFL but I don’t have any attachment.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Detachment is healthy. That's where I'm at.

Besides, I have so many bigger things to worry about, like the criminal cost of living nowadays. The Canucks just don't really matter to me.
You dont like busting your ass every week every year and cheering for a team who cant try for a full hour 2-3 days a week?

Reactions: geebaan and Jay26

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
looks like canucks had the cope actually happen this game to them. Weak nothing outside shots, but a lot of them so the shot counter gets inflated. Oh well. maybe next time.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
The best thing about today is remembering I get an extra hour of sleep tomorrow.

And yes, Ethan Bear sure looks like the Canucks best RHD at the moment, which is both great and sad.

Reactions: Indiana

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
If we acquired Marino, never acquired Stillman and had average goaltending we’d have 2 more wins probably

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle
Detachment is healthy. That's where I'm at.

Besides, I have so many bigger things to worry about, like the criminal cost of living nowadays. The Canucks just don't really matter to me.
One of the reasons why I'll be leaving the Pacific Northwest altogether starting in February for Tax free and rent free Dubai. ;-). Being born and raised in Vancouver, my hope is that the city just doesn't end up like the toilet bowl known as Seattle. This city is a complete dump that has been completely ruined by the radical left. If Vancouver isn't careful, they will end like Seattle. So many homeless, prostitutes, and overall filth here. Drug use and vaping is rampant, and customer service at almost every turn is very rude and abrasive. The streets smell like urine, weed, and feces. Half their city is like Vancouver's Hastings street. No joke.

But getting back to hockey, yeah, I'm not following the Canucks (or this board) closely for my own mental health. Just come back when the team starts rising again. No one is holding a gun to our heads to watch this team. Leo's vs. Stamps tomorrow. I'm in town and can't wait to watch the game!

I’ll watch NFL tomorrow, no offense to the CFL but I don’t have any attachment.
Fair enough. I'm also an NFL fan. What's your team? Mine's the Seahawks. I feel bad for Russell Wilson though.

Last edited:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
One of the reasons why I'll be leaving the Pacific Northwest altogether starting in February for Tax free and rent free Dubai. ;-). Being born and raised in Vancouver, my hope is that the city just doesn't end up like the toilet bowl known as Seattle. This city is a complete dump that has been completely ruined by the radical left. If Vancouver isn't careful, they will end like Seattle. So many homeless, prostitutes, and overall filth here. Drug use and vaping is rampant, and customer service at almost every turn is very rude and abrasive. The streets smell like urine, weed, and faces. Half their city is like Vancouver's Hastings street. No joke.

But getting back to hockey, yeah, I'm not following the Canucks (or this board) closely for my own mental health. Just come back when the team starts rising again. No one is holding a gun to our heads to watch this team. Leo's vs. Stamps tomorrow. I'm in town and can't wait to watch the game!

The CFL blows, watch real football on Sundays

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
One of the reasons why I'll be leaving the Pacific Northwest altogether starting in February for Tax free and rent free Dubai. ;-). Being born and raised in Vancouver, my hope is that the city just doesn't end up like the toilet bowl known as Seattle. This city is a complete dump that has been completely ruined by the radical left. If Vancouver isn't careful, they will end like Seattle. So many homeless, prostitutes, and overall filth here. Drug use and vaping is rampant, and customer service at almost every turn is very rude and abrasive. The streets smell like urine, weed, and faces. Half their city is like Vancouver's Hastings street. No joke.

Fair enough. I'm also an NFL fan. What's your team? Mine's the Seahawks. I feel bad for Russell Wilson though.
Oh man, I know what you mean. Don't even get me started on CHAZ lol.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Overcoaching is like nitty gritty exercise "correcting" for the gen pop. A bunch of people overcomplicating simple tasks and eventually creating more mental discourse and overall reduction in performance and adherence.
Yea, like last year Hogs had a couple weeks stretch, where there were some turnovers. The usual stuff that you see from any team on any given night, it just happened to steer his way.

A simple "make sure you don't do that when we're in this position" may have sufficed.. instead he's constantly in and out of the lineup, different lines, mix bag of minutes.

Dude still looks good out there, that JT goal was a vintage Hoglander play. Take the odds on the forecheck, win, chance, goal.

Starting to see it in Podkolzin now to....

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Bruce showing why he's an average coach. An improvement on Green for sure but still not good enough to maximize the roster.

Team losing all these extra points in overtime are gonna be costly if the team misses the playoffs by a few points.

Completely ruining development of young players. Bruce has a history of throwing young players under the bus while letting vets get away with anything. He doesn't seem to have the balls to scratch Pearson or the brains to realize that Stillman isn't an NHL Defenseman.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Just too many holes in the lineup. Get some periods of decent play but then things break down. Depend too much on too few players and if their play falls off the team is done.

Good

Kuzmenko - not as good offensively but his play in the other zones is improving. Probably should have been in the shoot out.

Miller - there is lots to criticize (the shoot out attempt, inability to score on breakaways) but overall and especially early was playing well. Also much better on the PK Probably his best effort of the season. Always asked to do too much b/c of lack of talent up and down the lineup.

Pettersson - very good defensive effort.

Schenn - one player providing some physical push back. Best Canuck d-man in this game.

Bad

Hughes - so far alternating good and bad seasons. Had big problems in his end, again, and couldn't handle Nashville size. Looked brutal in the OT and had constant feeling he was going to give away a goal (which he nearly did a couple of times). Assists were no indication of sloppy play

Hoglander - try is there but he is accomplishing next to nothing. Play is so ragged as he rushes around getting himself out of position. Had real trouble getting out to his point man and getting stripped when he over-handles the puck. Hoglander probably should have been n the minors the last couple of years developing and getting, as they say, over-ripe. Thrown in the line up b/c the team had so little else. Beginning to look like the second coming of Baertschi.

Ugly

Stillman - finally benched. There seems little doubt that if they had continued to play him, Canucks would never have gotten to OT. Completely incompetent and should never see the NHL again. He can't skate, can't read the play, can hold his position around the net, and, to sum it up, can't play. Brisbois is better. Juulsen is better. Burroughs way better. Probably could find some local beer leaguers are his equal. Boudreau will lose the fans and lose his job if he keeps up this charade. Guy ranks among the worst that have ever played for the team.

Others

Mikhayev - seemingly improving but not really seeing the breakaway speed promised. Good periodically but needs to be more consistent in his play making and scoring

Bear - enough good to have some hope. Think he has to be a little better off the puck but that may come as gets more familiar with teammates

Dries - had so many chances but lacked size and shot to do much with them. Guy is a minor leaguer and him in the lineup is an indication of lack of strength up and down the lineup.

Studnicka -thought he was playing decently and establishing some ozone time. Playing well enough to get more ice time and if Boudreau is saying there is a wide open position for him to seize then he needs to give him the time to seize it.

Think we are getting pretty close to ditching the season and getting started on a full rebuild. However, step one is getting rid of Aquaman and that fist step is unlikely to happen.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Overcoaching? Like WTF

Yes how dare Bruce ask for some accountability in puck management. He' slucky Tortz isn't the coach after some of the boneheaded plays he makes
It goes back a lot further than just this season with Bruce. It started with Green screwing him over when he was playing well and messing with him, and it didn't improve with Boudreau.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Bruce showing why he's an average coach. An improvement on Green for sure but still not good enough to maximize the roster.

Team losing all these extra points in overtime are gonna be costly if the team misses the playoffs by a few points.

Completely ruining development of young players. Bruce has a history of throwing young players under the bus while letting vets get away with anything. He doesn't seem to have the balls to scratch Pearson or the brains to realize that Stillman isn't an NHL Defenseman.

Bruce is back for this year, god forbid Mike Yeo takes over cause that man stanks like trash.

Here’s hoping Travis Dermont is back in the lineup soon enough.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華

damn communists and their 3-million dollar homes

enjoy your islamofascist haven lol

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Yup i've been watching a lot of other games and i dont know whats going on but Demko is about as good in net as Stillman is playing D right now. Given our circumstance it's incredibly odd.

The hip injury/surgery thing has to be a big issue and he's having to rehab plus spent the off season getting glasses and married. Never seen anything like it outside of when Gina was pregnant and Roberto didnt want to try and drag a mediocre team into the playoffs.

Demoralizing
Omg sad roberto

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This team just doesn't have it mentally.
Neither do I

ZcQqqHR.gif

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
This was a game we should and could have won. We’ve outplayed the opposition in the majority of our games so far. I think we can turn this around and wtf is with Miller? It seemed to me that he threw in the towel in the third. I saw him literally standing still when he should have had his feet moving. His play is so erratic and mentally fragile.

I'm questioning his fitness. He looked awful the first batch of games. We some games under his belt he looks like he can get through 1 or 2 periods now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad