NHL ‘22-‘23 Out of Town Thread VII: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Vegas ties it in the 2nd- Oiler defense having problems with the VGK forecheck. Makes me wish the Bruins had done it that way :madfire:

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Because when does a 9-1 game 40 games into the season trump a division final SCPO game , come on?
If you are a baseball fan and don’t give a shit about hockey? I don’t understand it but there are people like that out there. In any event, it wasn’t difficult to watch the start of the game for those that wanted to.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
If you are a baseball fan and don’t give a shit about hockey? I don’t understand it but there are people like that out there. In any event, it wasn’t difficult to watch the start of the game for those that wanted to.
Then perhaps you should get on baseball's future or something like that. I just prefer a network that can make the difference between a 9-1 early season game and a division final regardless of what sports we're talking about. It's as f***ing stupid as it gets. Though these days the level of stupid never fails to amaze me .

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Nurse seems to be on for all of these goals. Looking stupid as always. How ever did they give him that contract?

Long way to go yet but I’d love to see Cassidy get a Cup and put that ring around his middle finger and direct it to whoever wanted him gone with the Bruins .
That would be a lot of them.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Then perhaps you should get on baseball's future or something like that. I just prefer a network that can make the difference between a 9-1 early season game and a division final regardless of what sports we're talking about. It's as f***ing stupid as it gets. Though these days the level of stupid never fails to amaze me .
Get off my lawn!

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Long way to go yet but I’d love to see Cassidy get a Cup and put that ring around his middle finger and direct it to whoever wanted him gone with the Bruins .
I’m pulling for him also. 4-2 going into the third, but two goals never feels like enough of a cushion against the Oilers. Knights get past this series and I think they get to the SCF.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
They also announced the hockey game was being shown on ESPN2 on like every other pitch during the Sox game.

I clicked my channel button twice from my recliner and presto! There it was.

It was a horrible inconvenience.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Cassidy had his shots with the Bruins, came up short. It was time to move on. Even if Bruce is lifting the Cup next month, it will prove nothing as to what he could/should have done in Boston. I bear him no ill will though, would be quite pleased to see him get another crack at the finals. He's a very good coach. Whether he's more than that perhaps we'll find out soon.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Cassidy had his shots with the Bruins, came up short. It was time to move on. Even if Bruce is lifting the Cup next month, it will prove nothing as to what he could/should have done in Boston. I bear him no ill will though, would be quite pleased to see him get another crack at the finals. He's a very good coach. Whether he's more than that perhaps we'll find out soon.
I was thrilled when Mike Sullivan won a Cup and I’ll feel the same way if Cassidy does too.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I was thrilled when Mike Sullivan won a Cup and I’ll feel the same way if Cassidy does too.
I’m the same. I think he had to move on from Boston but if he gets it done I’m Vegas, there’s no be debating it and good for him. He wanted a Cup in Boston and came close. I was happy for Sully too as he wasn’t given a team that could do anything when he was here.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Ekholm bloodied with a high stick. No call. Would have been something if the refs had called something, especially a 4 min job. Seems like EDM will need at least a PP to have a shot at this.

Come on Vegas. Five minutes left to kill.
Hill doing his best. Impressed with how he has performed.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
We know the Bruins couldn’t pull it off and blew it. That being said, seeing the Oilers/Vegas play, the speed and intensity, shows we were a long way off to have success in the playoffs as I don’t think we could compete with either team. Same goes for the Leafs. Matthews and Marner should look at this series and see how you have to bring it in the playoffs to be considered a winner.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
10,932 days since a Canadian based team has won the Stanley Cup

Or 29 years, 11 months, 6 days

Stanley-Cup-Gary-Bettman-1993_Getty.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events