NHL ‘22-‘23 Out of Town Thread VII: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Cassidy had his shots with the Bruins, came up short. It was time to move on. Even if Bruce is lifting the Cup next month, it will prove nothing as to what he could/should have done in Boston. I bear him no ill will though, would be quite pleased to see him get another crack at the finals. He's a very good coach. Whether he's more than that perhaps we'll find out soon.
Hes gonna blow it against Seattle just watch.

Reactions: duffy

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Cassidy had his shots with the Bruins, came up short. It was time to move on. Even if Bruce is lifting the Cup next month, it will prove nothing as to what he could/should have done in Boston. I bear him no ill will though, would be quite pleased to see him get another crack at the finals. He's a very good coach. Whether he's more than that perhaps we'll find out soon.
Can’t argue with the success Montgomery had in the regular season but he hasn’t proved anything in my book either until he can get the Bruins beyond round 1 . Maybe it was time to move on from Cassidy but let’s hope Montgomery has a better post season next year.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Pretty wild ol' Brucie scratching out the road clincher with the oil doubling them up on hits and shots. GK's blocked a million shots and somehow rolled out Theo and McNabb for ~15mins each.

All with a goalie who's a blank playoff slate, with nothing but some dirt specks and maybe a little mold on any other slates.

Just a good all around job so far. Good luck the next two.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
@Bruinaura - I am thrilled (NOT) of working a Sunrise-Raleigh ECF
Here's more potential fun travel for you in the SCF...:eek3:

At least you could wave as you pass through Tennessee lol

Screenshot_20230515_020703_Maps.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Fenway

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
@Mione134 There will be another survivor game for Round 3 with a twist

AFTER the first 4 games the survivors get all 4 teams back
I was excited, looked and saw all 4 of us made it...lol Now there is only one choice and I'm guessing they may all be the same?

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Draisaitl and Rantanen are both awesome players but flop way way way too much in the playoffs. good riddance its a sham when good players expect the refs to hand them every call.

Really....He got like 2 handed in the back of the head, how is that a dive? What an awful take. I wouldn't shake that assholes hand either. Nothing about that was a hockey play.

Babajingo

I wonder if Bruce would've kept Ullmark out, even if he was saying he was ok. Or if he would've ask Patrice to rest some more.

I keep hearing Bruce lost the room, which is probably true. I mean, DK didn't resign until he was gone. Debrusk was skating around like he was in a no-contact, 55+ beer league until Bruce put him on a line that I could get some points on.
So they get rid of Bruce, DK comes back, everyone is happy cause Monty is a "players coach". Everything is great until tough decisions have to be made that might piss off a player or two.
Or maybe I'm just sitting here stewing because I'm still bitter. Probably more the latter

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Can we have a mulligan on the Bruce Cassidy move? Can we just have him back now that the crybaby leaders on the team who got him fired are now going to be gone?

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Can we have a mulligan on the Bruce Cassidy move? Can we just have him back now that the crybaby leaders on the team who got him fired are now going to be gone?
Just a horrible look on the players that he is having so much success while they shit the bed. I honestly don't care who they trade or who comes back, I am hoping as few players come back as possible. Sweeney has to have had it with this "group"

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Just a horrible look on the players that he is having so much success while they shit the bed. I honestly don't care who they trade or who comes back, I am hoping as few players come back as possible. Sweeney has to have had it with this "group"

I remember a bunch of bruins fans here mocking vegas because eichel was going to have to be coached by Cassidy and how eichel won’t take well to Cassidy’s style.

What an unprofessional embarrassment for bergy, krejci and Debrusk to get someone fired like that and just have to eat crow.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Say what you want about Bruce. Not saying it wasn't time for a change but at the end of the day the players job is to play and the coaches job is to coach and in Boston near the end of the year it did not seem to go that way.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It probably was time for a change with Bruce, but not because of Bruce. It's because a bunch of f***ing crybabies thought he was too mean. This season made clear some guys were not giving their best effort under him. I'm with Lou on this. I thought it was disgraceful the players forced him out last year. Now it's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad